yoona wrote: Why I didn't know about this before? :(

I voted for Me too flower.

i'm voting for MTF too now..i was supporting TPM earlier lol...
i don't need to vote for SG, it has enough supporters already and it will win eventually i know..(hehe /me is happy)...
i want to see MTF in the top 5 now..so yea let's keep voting lol
Big Bang’s Seungri to Make Acting Debut Through “Light and Shadow”
http://www.soompi.com/news/big-bangs-seungri-to-make-acting-debut-through-light-and-shadow

Big Bang’s Seungri will make his acting debut through MBC drama, “Light and Shadow.” He will play a cameo role of an aspiring singer full of confidence on the December 26 episode.
“This is the first time appearing on a traditional drama. I heard my role is very similar to my real life persona so I’m very excited. I just hope the viewers will enjoy watching me on TV,” Seungri said of his cameo role.
The December 26 episode will have a segment where auditions take place for the “Bit Na Ra” live show crew. Seungri’s role will be one of the singer applicants from the southern Jeolla Province of Korea, which also happens to be Seungri’s hometown. He’s expected to portray a funny character using actual Jeolla dialects.
MBC drama “Light and Shadow” is a new drama series starring Ahn Jae Wook, Nam Sang Mi, and Son Dam Bi.

Now I wonder if here on MDL is any thread for Big Bang...
Korean government ships out K-Pop calendars to embassies around the world

To promote K-Pop idol groups all over the world, the Korean government has produced special photo calendars for international embassies.

Produced by the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, the ’2012 K-Pop Photo Calendars’ were sent to 170 different embassies. The calendars contain pictures of top K-Pop stars, as well as short introductions on traditional Korean instruments — ultimately seeking to introduce the variety of Korean pop culture and music.

Embassy staff the world over will find photos of Super Junior, f(x), Big Bang, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, 2PM, miss A, KARA, B2ST, 4minute, T-ara, and SISTAR.

A representative of the ministry stated, “Through these calendars, we hope to introduce Korean culture and Hallyu to major media outlets and cultural art centers all over the world.”

Source + Photos: E-daily via Naver & allkpop
MBC releases ‘Best Couple’ nominations for the ’2011 MBC Entertainment Awards’

The ‘2011 MBC Entertainment Awards‘ has kicked off with the release of its eight ‘Best Couple Award’ nominations!

On December 22nd, MBC opened up their official homepage for the ceremony and uploaded the votes for the ‘Best Couple’ nominations. In the list are couples from ‘We Got Married‘, ‘High Kick 3‘, ‘Infinity Challenge‘, and even ‘I Am a Singer‘.

Fans were amused to see the unlikely couplings from their favorite shows and expressed anticipation over the results.

Check out the full nominations below:

1. Kim Won Joon & Park So Hyun – ‘We Got Married‘

2. Lee Jang Woo & Ham Eunjung – ‘We Got Married’

3. Leeteuk & Kang Sora – ‘We Got Married’

4. Seo Jisuk & Park Hasun – ‘High Kick 3‘

5. Yoon Kye Sang & Baek Jin Hee – ‘High Kick 3′

6. Kim Tae Hyun & Park Jung Hyun – ‘I Am a Singer‘

7. Park Myung Soo & Jung Junha – ‘Infinity Challenge‘

8. Jung Hyung Don & Jung Jae Hyung – ‘Infinity Challenge’

Source + Photos: Star News via Naver & allkpop
SBS releases list of nominations for the best couple of ’2011 SBS Drama Awards’

ollowing MBC’s unveiling of their nominees list for the ‘Best Couple Award‘, SBS has released their own list of couples for the ‘2011 SBS Drama Awards‘!

The level of attention is rising high for this award, especially since it includes real life couple Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young under the ‘City Hunter‘ category.

Speaking through TV Report, Lee Min Ho’s representatives stated, “Just the fact that he’s been nominated is enough for him to want to attend. He’s currently going through other dramas and movies at the moment.”

Representatives of Park Min Young added, “She’s filming ‘Man of Honor‘ so we don’t know whether she’ll be able to make it, but we are sure that she’ll go if her schedule lines up.”

The full list of nominees include:

1. Park Shin Yang & Kim Ah Joong – ‘Sign‘

2. Sung Hoon & Im Soo Hyang – ‘New Tales of Gisaeng‘

3. Jang Hyuk & Lee Min Jung – ‘Midas‘

4. Lee So Yeon & Lee Jae Yoon – ‘My Love By My Side‘

5. Lee Min Ho & Park Min Young – ‘City Hunter‘

6. Ji Chang Wook & Shin Hyun Bin – ‘Warrior Baek Dong Soo‘

7. Lee Dong Wook & Kim Sun Ah – ‘Scent of a Woman‘

8. Ji Sung & Choi Kang Hee – ‘Protect the Boss‘

9. Kim Jaejoong & Wang Jihye – ‘Protect the Boss’

10. Kim Rae Won & Soo Ae – ‘A Thousand Days’ Promise‘

Source + Photos: TV Report via Naver & allkpop
Kim Tae Woo’s wedding invitations revealed!

Singer Kim Tae Woo has finally sent out the wedding invitations for his upcoming nuptials!

The invitations reflect his wit and humor, as it features baby photos of himself and the bride with a short profile on their tastes. Although its design is fairly simple, it’s easy to see just how in love they are with each other.

Their profiles state:

T-Soul
- Birthdate: 1981.05.12
- Personality: Was aggressive until he met her.
- Hobby: Thinking of her.
- Most precious possession in the world: Her.
- Height, Weight: 190, 90
- Phrase said during proposal: Will you order me around for the rest of our lives?
- Nickname: Bear Tae Woo

Christina
- Birthdate: *Blanked out
- Personality: “Very” gentle and bright.
- Hobby: Listening to Tae Woo’s music.
- Most precious possession in the world: Kim Tae Woo
- Height, Weight: 167, -
- Phrase said during proposal: Sit… Give me your hand… kekeke.
- Nickname: Ero

Kim Tae Woo will be marrying his fiance of a year and six months at the Sheraton Walker Hill Hotel on December 26th.

Source + Photos: E-Daily via Naver & allkpop
LadyViolette wrote: Korean government ships out K-Pop calendars to embassies around the world

To promote K-Pop idol groups all over the world, the Korean government has produced special photo calendars for international embassies.

Produced by the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, the ’2012 K-Pop Photo Calendars’ were sent to 170 different embassies. The calendars contain pictures of top K-Pop stars, as well as short introductions on traditional Korean instruments — ultimately seeking to introduce the variety of Korean pop culture and music.

Embassy staff the world over will find photos of Super Junior, f(x), Big Bang, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, 2PM, miss A, KARA, B2ST, 4minute, T-ara, and SISTAR.

A representative of the ministry stated, “Through these calendars, we hope to introduce Korean culture and Hallyu to major media outlets and cultural art centers all over the world.”

Source + Photos: E-daily via Naver & allkpop

OMG I want that calendar!!!!!!!!!! :D
After School’s UEE transforms into a real life Barbie doll for ‘Elle Korea’

After School‘s UEE has literally ‘dolled up’ for her latest pictorial with fashion magazine, ‘Elle Korea‘.

UEE was perhaps the busiest After School member of the year, joining the group in all of their albums as well as their Japanese debut, while simultaneously juggling her acting career with ‘Ojakgyo Brothers‘ and ‘Birdie Buddy‘.

In the accompanying interview with the photoshoot, she talked a bit about her expanding career, and how she hopes to pursue everything possible.”

She expressed, “My weekend dramas average 20% in viewer ratings. I have the title of ‘idol’ in my name so there was pressure in that regards. The more popular my dramas get, the better I want to do. Right now, I think I’m just addicted to my work.”

She thoughtly added, “Acting, singing, and even variety shows and MCing – I don’t want to give up any one of them.”

Source + Photos: Newsen & allkpop
WOW! Alot of people have suspected this of SM Entertainment, and it looks like someone is finally investigating it. Hope they get to the bottom of this.

‘Palm News’ to reveal proof of SM Entertainment’s obstruction of JYJ’s activities?

On December 22nd, journalist Lee Sang Ho revealed that he would be showing proof of SM Entertainment‘s obstruction of JYJ‘s activities for the very first time through Palm TV‘s ‘Lee Sang Ho’s Palm News‘.

Representatives of the show stated, “For the past 14 months, journalist Lee Sang Ho will be exclusively unveiling the investigations by the Fair Trade Commission. Officials of the FTC have been investigating SM Entertainment since March, and results show that there was indeed proof of the obstruction of JYJ’s activities, as well as a fine of several hundreds of thousands in penalty being processed.”

The show is expected to include an exclusive interview of Jung Hae Im, the first official figure to lead the investigations into SM’s 13 year contracts and minimize them to seven years. Jung is once again at the forefront of the recent issue with the FTC.

The chief of the FTC, Lee Tae Hwi, however, revealed through Star Today that this was not the case. He stated, “I do confirm that there are current investigations being done regarding the issue with SM and JYJ, but we have yet to lay down a fine worth the amount they claim. I also find it difficult to reveal the details of our investigations at this point, and promise to release an official statement once things begin to materialize.”

The episode will broadcast on December 22nd at 6 p.m. KST.

Source
christypop wrote: SM introduces the first member of its new boy group.

I'm excited to see who the other members are.
‘K-Star News’ to air ’2011 Idol Guinness Book of Records’ Special

SBS E! ‘K-Star news‘ will be airing a ‘2011 Idol Guinness Book of Records‘ special, highlighting the key moments of the idol stars in 2011.

Part 1 of the episode will feature the idols who made it into the actual Guinness Book of Records. Fans are anxious to see what sorts of records were broken by idols such as 2PM, Super Junior’s Choi Siwon, TVXQ, and more.

Part 2 is titled ‘Body Guinness‘ and will feature various body records of the idols including those who have the thinnest waist line, the longest legs, and so forth.

Part 3 will be ‘Music Guinness‘ and will be a collection of the most pivotal moments of idols’ careers, while Part 4 ‘Luxury‘ will showcase the high-end brand name bags the celebrities carry, to their high figure yearly incomes.

The episode airs on December 27th at 7:00PM KST.

Source & Image: K-Star News |via: allkpop
Jaejoong reveals his kiss with Wang Ji Hye scene in ‘Protect the Boss’ took over 50 takes

The star singer/actor has finished recording the show on December 22, and the episode will be aired on December 25 as a Christmas special. On December 25th, JYJ‘s Jaejoong guested on the Christmas broadcast of KBS radio’s ‘Choi Kang Hee’s Night Flight‘.

DJ Choi Kang Hee invited her two male co-stars from ‘Protect the Boss‘ to the show, where they shared some never-before-heard stories from the drama set.

Jaejoong brought up the famous kiss scene between himself and Wang Ji Hye, and admitted that they smooched several times to get it right. “I put a lot of effort for the kiss scene with Wang Ji Hye,” he said. “It took over 50 takes. If there ever was an NG award, it would definitely have been awarded to us.”

During the show, it was reported that Jaejoong talked about the famed kissing scene he had with Wang Ji Hye on SBS drama “Protect the Boss.” It turns out the two filmed the scene over and over again because of their repeated mistakes. “I kissed really hard for the kissing scene with Wang Ji Hye. We filmed it more than 50 times. If we had an NG Award, I would have easily won it,” Jaejoong revealed. “NG” stands for “No Good,” and whenever a mistake happens on set, it’s called an “NG” shot.

Local media also revealed a couple shots taken at the radio studio. Jae Joong and Ji Sung wore matching black outfits, with the show’s host Choi Kang Hee appearing in casual style. Ji Sung, the lead actor of “Protect the Boss,” also appeared on the radio show alongside Jaejoong. Jaejoong and Ji Sung were also complimented on the show by Choi Kang Hee on their similar fashion. Jaejoong replied, “Ji Sung and I give off a similar vibe. I hope we receive a ‘couple award’ as the ‘cha cha couple’ in one of the year-end awards.”

Source + Photos: DongA |via: Nate & allkpop & soompi