Winners from the 26th Golden Disk Awards

On January 11th, many of Korea’s top musicians and pop stars gathered at the Kyocera Dome in Osaka for the 26th Golden Disk Awards.

This year, the show was divided into two parts: the first part (held on January 11th) honors the winners of the physical album categories, while the second party (held on January 12th) will do the same for digital albums. KARA‘s Park Gyuri and Super Junior‘s Leeteuk acted as MCs for this year’s awards.

The first ‘Golden Disk Awards’ began in 1986, and since then, it’s become Korea’s most prestigious awards ceremony for music. Nicknamed the ‘Korean Grammy Awards,’ the ceremony is reputed for its fair standards, as the committee utilizes figures from album and digital music sales only.

Below are the list of winners from this year’s show!

=======

▲ Disk Daesang
- Super Junior

▲ Disk Bonsang
- f(x)
- INFINITE
- MBLAQ
- Jay Park
- KARA
- CNBLUE
- B2ST
- Super Junior

▲ Rookie Award
- B1A4
- Dal Shabet
- A Pink

▲ Popularity Award
- Super Junior

▲ Hallyu Icon Award
- INFINITE
- Rainbow

▲ Best Hallyu Star Award
- KARA

▲ MSN Japan Award
- Super Junior

▲ CeCi Award
- B2ST

▲ Golden Disk Producer Award
- Hong Seung Sung (Cube Entertainment)

===============================

On January 12th, many of Korea’s top musicians and pop stars gathered at the Kyocera Dome in Osaka for the 26th Golden Disk Awards for a second day of festivities.

This year, the show was divided into two parts: the first part (held on January 11th) honors the winners of the physical album categories, while the second party (held on January 12th) will do the same for digital albums. miss A‘s Suzy and F.T. Island‘s Hongki acted as MCs for day two of this year’s awards.

The first ‘Golden Disk Awards’ began in 1986, and since then, it’s become Korea’s most prestigious awards ceremony for music. Nicknamed the ‘Korean Grammy Awards,’ the ceremony is reputed for its fair standards, as the committee utilizes figures from album and digital music sales only.

▲ Digital Daesang
- Girls’ Generation

▲ Digital Bonsang
- miss A
- G.NA
- CNBLUE
- K.Will
- SISTAR
- SECRET
- Girls’ Generation
- 4minute

▲ Rookie Award
- Huh Gak
- Boyfriend

▲ Cosmopolitan ‘Fun & Fearless Musician’ Award
- F.T. Island

▲ Best Rock Musician of the Year
- F.T. Island

▲ Hallyu Icon Award
- Supernova

▲ Best Asian Group Award
- CNBLUE

▲ ViVi Dream Award
- CNBLUE

Source: allkpop
What?? I dunno about this haha

Hit movie ‘My Sassy Girl’ to be made into a drama series

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120111_엽기적인그녀_1.jpg[/IMG]

Drama production company Lemon Rain is collaborating with ShinCine Communications to turn the hit 2001 Korean movie ‘My Sassy’ Girl‘ into a drama series. The producers are holding a public contest, where writers are being encouraged to send in scripts that are close to the original storyline or even better. The contest will begin on February 1st and be held until March 30th.

‘My Sassy Girl’ is the movie that launched actor Cha Tae Hyun and actress Jun Ji Hyun to stardom. The movie is still continuously being remade in Japan and China 10 years after debuting on the big screens, proving the powerful effect of Korean cultural content. The movie was also remade by Hollywood in 2008 and starred Elisha Cuthbert and Jesse Bradford.

‘My Sassy Girl’ is predicted to become a new craze once converted into a drama series, and it will be interesting to see what kind of original material many talented writers all across the world will be submitting.

All writers regardless of experience or lack thereof are welcome to submit their work, and collaboration work is also permitted. The title must still remain ‘My Sassy Girl’, and contestants must submit synopses for 16 episodes, and full-length scripts for two. Writers must also include production goals, main characters, and an overall summary of the story. There are no specific restrictions when it comes to content, however, it must follow the original story. The submissions may be made via e-mail, or mail.

A representative from Lemon rain remarked, “[I]In order to create a drama series that will be a greater hit than the movie, we need fresh ideas and fresh, entertaining content. We expect that the drama series will once again be a big hit in Asia with the help of the many applicants.

Allkpop
ohh!!! I laughed a lot watching the movie, although it isn't one of my favorites :) I hope the drama will be good, I'll definitely give it a try
Sleepninja wrote: EXO Teaser #9

Can they release they(SM) MV already? They have 12 members, released 9 teasers but has only revealed about 5 members.
SM to hold ’2012 Global Auditions’ in five countries!

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/20111123_smtownlivenyc_28-460x306.jpg[/IMG]

SM Entertainment has just revealed to allkpop that they’ll be holding their SM Global Auditions in five different countries this year!

SM is famous for producing many of Korea’s top K-Pop stars, such as BoA, TVXQ, Super Junior, Girls’ Generation, SHINee, and f(x). A few of those stars were discovered through the SM Global Auditions, such as Super Junior-M‘s Henry, a finalist of the 2006 Global Auditions, and f(x)‘s Amber, who participated in the 2007 U.S. auditions.

For this year, SM will be holding auditions in South Korea, Japan, China, Canada, and the United States. The American audition dates and locations are as follows:

- Saturday, February 18th: New York, New York

- Monday, February 20th: Chicago, Illinois

- Sunday, February 26th: San Francisco, California

- Saturday, March 3rd: Los Angeles, California

Auditions are open to anyone and there is no application fee.

Applications can be sent via e-mail to: [I][email protected]
, [email protected], or YouTube (www.youtube.com/audition)

Finalists will be given the opportunity to sign an exclusive contract with SM Entertainment. This contract will cover all initial costs in launching a musical career.

For more details and information, please check the SMTOWN official website.

Good luck to all applicants!

Source: allkpop
SHINee’s Key shares a group photo of the ’91-line’ = MBLAQ, INFINITE, F.T. Island

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120101_91line.jpg[/IMG]

SHINee‘s Key gave fans some great eye-candy in the form of a group photo featuring the members of the ’91-line. (The 91-line is comprised of idols who were born in 1991.)

On January 1st, Key shared his New Year’s greetings with fans through me2day, where he also posted this picture. He wrote, “[I]Happy New Year! Been a while since the 91-line got together keke. Of course, the leader must upload the photo kyakya
.”

‘The leader’ can be seen posing backstage at the MBC Gayo Daejaejun with fellow member Minho, MBLAQ‘s Mir, INFINITE‘s Woohyun, and F.T. Island‘s Jaejin.

Netizens commented, “My God, you boys are always so stylish!” and “Happy New Year! SHINee, make a comeback soon!

Source + Image: Star News |via: Nate & allkpop
MOGEF slams Huh Gak, Kim Hyun Joong, and more for dangerous content in MVs

The Ministry of Gender Equality and Family (?MOGEF?) have just revealed their first batch of ?dangerous material? for 2012.

On January 16th, the MOGEF announced that they?ve censored the music videos for Huh Gak?s ?Hello? and Kim Hyun Joong?s ?Lucky Guy? due to its inappropriate content for minors.

The MOGEF claims that Huh Gak?s ?Hello? is too violent, while Kim Hyun Joong?s ?Lucky Guy? encourages recklessness.

Joining Huh Gak and Kim Hyun Joong on the list are Simon D, Tablo, and Yoon Mi Rae. Simon D?s ?Cheerz? has been censored because of the MV?s inclusion of ?hazardous substances? and ?immoral lodgings?, while Tablo?s ?Bad? contains ?portrayals of violence and appearance of hazardous substances?. Yoon Mi Rae?s ?Get It In? has likewise been struck out for its scenes of violence.

The censorship will go into effect starting January 23rd.

Allkpop
Awww so many videos on youtube aren´t avaible for my country...;( I really wanted to watch them ....^^*refers to EXO teaser...*
christypop wrote: MOGEF slams Huh Gak, Kim Hyun Joong, and more for dangerous content in MVs

The Ministry of Gender Equality and Family (?MOGEF?) have just revealed their first batch of ?dangerous material? for 2012.

On January 16th, the MOGEF announced that they?ve censored the music videos for Huh Gak?s ?Hello? and Kim Hyun Joong?s ?Lucky Guy? due to its inappropriate content for minors.

The MOGEF claims that Huh Gak?s ?Hello? is too violent, while Kim Hyun Joong?s ?Lucky Guy? encourages recklessness.

Joining Huh Gak and Kim Hyun Joong on the list are Simon D, Tablo, and Yoon Mi Rae. Simon D?s ?Cheerz? has been censored because of the MV?s inclusion of ?hazardous substances? and ?immoral lodgings?, while Tablo?s ?Bad? contains ?portrayals of violence and appearance of hazardous substances?. Yoon Mi Rae?s ?Get It In? has likewise been struck out for its scenes of violence.

The censorship will go into effect starting January 23rd.

Allkpop

I seriously don't know what is there to slam about KHJ's song ''Lucky Guy''. I think these guys are just pretending to do their jobs by picking on rising stars and stars that their agencies are still finding their place in the Korean Music Industry. If they are so sure about themselves, they can start by tagging 2NE1's song I am the Best as having scenes with violence in it. I love 2NE1 no doubt, but they should try to be fair.
Celebrities’ expensive homes are revealed to the public

Ever wonder which Korean celebrities own the most expensive homes?

On an episode of KBSYeoYooManMan‘ that aired on January 16th, the celebrities living in the most expensive and lavish homes were revealed to the public.

According to the reports filed by the Ministry of Land for 2010, in third place was couple Kwon Sang Woo & Son Tae Young who live in the Samsundong Apartments. Their home is estimated to be worth 3.4 million US dollars, and among one of the most high-priced common apartments in Korea.

In second place was actress Han Chae Young and her husband who live in a 6,000 sq. ft home that is estimated to be worth around 5 million US dollars. Their home is labeled as a ‘Dream Villa’ by many.

And at #1 was the home of singer Cho Young Nam, who cherishes many high end Asian paintings within his home. His home is estimated to be worth well over 5 million US dollars, and looks over the Han River. Within his home is an indoor golfing range, a movie theater, fitness club, and more.

Source & Image: HanKyung |via: Nate & allkpop
Winners from the 21st Seoul Music Awards

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120119_seoulmusicawards_ceremony_18.jpg[/IMG]

On January 19th, K-Pop stars flocked to the Seoul Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium to attend the 21st Seoul Music Awards .

The awards show first began in 1990 and is held annually by Sports Seoul to recognize outstanding achievements in the Korean music industry. It is one of the big four music award ceremonies in Korea, alongside the Mnet Asian Music Awards, Golden Disk Awards, and Melon Music Awards.

Check out the list of winners below!

====

[I]Note: The ‘Bonsang award’ winners are chosen through voting (20%), digital/album sales (50%), research (10%), and panel judgement (20%). One artist is then chosen from the group of Bonsang winners for the prestigious ‘Daesang’.

Daesang
- Super Junior

Bonsang
SISTAR | F.T. Island | SECRET | 4minute | IU | B2ST | KARA | miss A | T-ara | Girls’ Generation | Lee Seung Gi | Super Junior

=====

Note: Judging for the other categories are based on mobile poll results (20%), Sports Seoul popularity level (10%), album and music sales (50%), and panel judgement (20%).

=====

Rookie
- B1A4
- A Pink
- Boyfriend

Popularity
- Girls’ Generation
- Lee Seung Gi

Performance Culture Award
YB (Yoon Do Hyun Band)

Best Album
- IU (‘Last Fantasy’)

Digital Music Award
- T-ara

Hallyu Special Award
- KARA

R&B/Ballad Award
- 4Men

Hip Hop Award
- Clover

Best OST Award
- Baek Ji Young

=====

Congratulations to all of the winners!

source: allkpop
Lee Seung Gi :D :D :D :D
2PM Junsu's father passes away unexpectedly

wrote: 2PM Junsu lost his father.

2PM Entertainment company JYP associate stated "Junsu lost his father on January 19th due to myocardial infarction".

He added "Because 2PM is currently on vacation Junsu is in Daegu. The managers also just heard the news and are on their way to Daegu."

2PM member Taec Yeon posted on his Twitter on the 20th "Hottest all around the world, pray for Junsu".

Junsu is currently keeping the funeral sight of his father at a hospital located in Daegu.

Source

This is so sad. :( Poor Junsu!
Teen Nick releases an excerpt from ‘THE WONDER GIRLS’ movie

Having released a slew of trailers, behind-the-scenes photos and other teasers these past few weeks, Teen Nick has just released an excerpt of the upcoming movie, ‘THE WONDER GIRLS‘ on their official website.

The scene unfolds with J.Y. Park as well as Sun, Yenny, Yubin, Sohee and Lim aboard a private jet en route to New York City. J.Y. Park gathers the girls around him and gives them advice on leaving the best first impression in the States.

Watch the scene on Teen Nick’s website here!

Allkpop