miss A's Suzy Considering the Drama "Big" by the "Hong Sisters"

miss A’s Suzy is considering the drama “Big.” (Temporary Title) The drama will be released in June. “Big” will be written by the “Hong Sisters” (Korean Romanization: Hong Ja Mae). The “Hong Sisters” are famous sisters that are a drama writing team. They have written the drama for “You Are Beautiful,” and “Greatest Love.”

A representative of Suzy stated on March 19 through “Star News,” “Suzy has received the casting offer from ‘Big.’ She is reviewing the drama in a positive light. However, she has not decided yet if she will appear on the drama.

Suzy has showed off her acting skills through “Dream High.” Suzy will appear in the film “Architecture 101” that will be held on March 22.

Link

------------
It's not really big news, but it makes me giggle a little. As much as I like miss A and Suzy, I highly doubt whether
she's already fit for a Hong Sister drama. Are we going to see another Go Hye Mi? :p

If she decides to go with it, I will wish her good luck and hope that she makes a giant step in terms of improving her
acting skills - but I partly wish she's going to reject "Big".
Suzy is only seventeen and it's rumoured that the lead role goes to Gong Yoo. Suzy and Gong Yoo? No, please.
oooh Gong Yoo...i would love to see him in a drama...*completely ignoring Suzy* lol
BtoB makes an “Insane” debut with “Imagine” on ‘M! Countdown’!

Cube Entertainment‘s newest face, BtoB, just released their debut title tracks!

As previously announced, the group will be promoting double title tracks: “Insane” (a dance track), and “Imagine” (a ballad).

The rookie group left fans speechless with their recent release of the two tracks. The boys continued to impress on today’s episode of ‘M! Countdown,’ where they performed both “Insane” and “Imagine”.

Check out their live stages below, and be sure to check out the rest of today’s performances from ‘M! Countdown’ here (coming soon)!

Allkpop

Original song:

BTOB also released their MV for "Insane" yesterday as well

SM Entertainment releases teaser video for upcoming film, ‘I Am’

‘I Am‘, the upcoming film featuring the stories of SM Entertainment artists BoA, TVXQ, Girls’ Generation, Super Junior, SHINee, and f(x) has released teaser videos.

The film features the day and events surrounding SMTOWN LIVE WORLD TOUR in Madison Square Garden back in October of 2011. Fans can look forward to everything from stage performances of ‘SM Town Live World Tour in New York’ to some of their day-to-day activities.

SM Entertainment assured, “It will be the real story behind SM Town like never seen before.”

The movie is slated for release in May, in the mean time check out the teasers below!

Allkpop
KamZ wrote: oooh Gong Yoo...i would love to see him in a drama...*completely ignoring Suzy* lol

lol Agreed! I want him to do a new drama. I'm loving Bisquick Teacher. :D
North Korea’s dehumanizing treatment of its citizens is hiding in plain sight

With President Obama in Korea this week, we will hear a lot about the dangers of North Korea’s nuclear aspirations.

We’re unlikely to be hear about a young man named Shin Dong-hyuk, who was bred, like a farm animal, inside a North Korean prison camp after guards ordered his prisoner-parents to mate. But Shin arguably has as much to teach about Korea’s past and future as about the cycle of negotiation, bluster and broken promises over the nuclear issue.

“Shin was born a slave and raised behind a high-voltage barbed-wire fence.”

So writes Blaine Harden, a former East Asia correspondent for The Post, in a soon-to-be-published account of Shin’s life, “Escape from Camp 14.”

Harden describes a closed world of unimaginable bleakness. We often speak of someone so unfortunate as to grow up “not knowing love.” Shin grew up literally not understanding concepts such as love, trust or kindness. His life consisted of beatings, hunger and labor. His only ethos was to obey guards, snitch on fellow inmates and steal food when he could. At age 14, he watched his mother and older brother executed, a display that elicited in him no pity or regret. He was raised to work until he died, probably around age 40. He knew no contemporaries who had experienced life outside Camp 14.

At 23, Shin escaped and managed, over the course of four years, to make his way through a hungry North Korea — a larger, more chaotic version of Camp 14 — into China and, eventually, the United States. He is, as far as is known, the only person born in the North Korean gulag to escape to freedom.

Improbably, his tale becomes even more gripping after his unprecedented journey, after he realizes that he has been raised as something less than human. He gradually, haltingly — and, so far, with mixed success — sets out to remake himself as a moral, feeling human being.

How is this tale even possible in the 21st century, the era of “Never Again,” of the United Nations proudly (in 2005) declaring that all nations have a “responsibility to protect” civilian populations abused by their own governments?

“Fashioning a comprehensive policy to deal with North Korea’s nuclear programs, its human rights abuses, and its failed economy is hardly child’s play,” explains Victor Cha, a Georgetown University professor, in his forthcoming book, “The Impossible State.” “No administration thus far has been successful at addressing one, let alone all three.”

Cha, who helped shaped Korea policy on the National Security Council under President George W. Bush, describes a nation where schoolchildren learn grammatical conjugations by reciting “We killed Americans,” “We are killing Americans,” “We will kill Americans.”

With 25 million people, it is a failed state in every way but one, which is coddling the regime and a small elite that resembles a criminal syndicate more than a traditional bureaucracy. While cautioning that predictions are risky, Cha argues that “the end is near.” The next U.S. presidential term, he predicts, is likely to face “a major crisis of the state in North Korea, and potentially unification.”

When that happens, “what is likely to be revealed is one of the worst human rights disasters in modern times.”

Only, as both books make clear, it won’t be much of a revelation. Harden points out that North Korea’s labor camps “have now existed twice as long as the Soviet gulag and about twelve times longer than the Nazi concentration camps.” They are easily identified in satellite photographs. One is larger than the city of Los Angeles. Altogether they house about 200,000 people.

They are visible, in other words, but people do not want to see them, and Shin’s story helps explain why.

It’s no surprise that China, with its own gulag archipelago, objects to any suggestion that a government can’t abuse its citizens as it pleases.

But South Koreans, living in freedom, also fear a North Korean collapse — not only for the potential financial cost but also because they sense how different their erstwhile countrymen have become. Not all North Koreans live as stunted a life as Shin did inside Camp 14, but generations of isolation, propaganda and warped morality take a toll. And 20 years of post-Soviet experience have taught us that civic virtues can be far more difficult to rekindle than private markets or democratic forms.

When he watched his teacher beat a six-year-old classmate to death for stealing five grains of corn, Shin says he “didn’t think much about it.”

“I did not know about sympathy or sadness,” he says. “Now that I am out, I am learning to be emotional. I have learned to cry. I feel like I am becoming human.”

But seven years after his escape, Harden writes, Shin does not believe he has reached that goal. “I escaped physically,” he says. “I haven’t escaped psychologically.”

Washington Post

Wow!
very powerful and inspiring. hard to believe that these atrocities still exist
Wow is right. What North Korea does to its citizens is wrong, period. I could say a lot, but then this would turn into something ugly, so I will leave it be...
Gong Yoo confirmed for this year's Hong sisters drama

Looks like our favorite oppa is back on the small screen, along with Suzy(from Miss A) and Lee Min Jung!
Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! :DDDD
Here's the link:
http://koalasplayground.com/2012/04/14/hong-sisters-land-gong-yoo-lee-min-jung-and-suzy-for-upcoming-k-drama/
beca256 wrote: Gong Yoo confirmed for this year's Hong sisters drama

Looks like our favorite oppa is back on the small screen, along with Suzy(from Miss A) and Lee Min Jung!
Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! :DDDD
Here's the link:
http://koalasplayground.com/2012/04/14/hong-sisters-land-gong-yoo-lee-min-jung-and-suzy-for-upcoming-k-drama/

haha I flailed when I saw it too, then immediately posted it in his thread. Seems no one else was interested since they never commented about it. :(
Sleepninja wrote: haha I flailed when I saw it too, then immediately posted it in his thread. Seems no one else was interested since they never commented about it. :(

I just saw it and I'm like flipping right now!!! I was so waiting for this year's Hong sisters drama and then I go and find out that it's with freaking GONG YOO!!!!! I mean the plot is kind of weird, even for a Hong sisters drama but still, I'm sure it'll be AWESOME!!! :DDDD
And btwsorry SN I'm not around here much but if I had seen it posted I DEFINITELY would've posted a comment about it because well....it's FREAKING GONG YOO! XDDD
beca256 wrote: I just saw it and I'm like flipping right now!!! I was so waiting for this year's Hong sisters drama and then I go and find out that it's with freaking GONG YOO!!!!! I mean the plot is kind of weird, even for a Hong sisters drama but still, I'm sure it'll be AWESOME!!! :DDDD
And btwsorry SN I'm not around here much but if I had seen it posted I DEFINITELY would've posted a comment about it because well....it's FREAKING GONG YOO! XDDD

I KNOW!!!!! I LOVE THE HONG SISTERs AND GONG YOO! WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE SPAZZING OVER THIS??????
Sleepninja wrote: I KNOW!!!!! I LOVE THE HONG SISTERs AND GONG YOO! WHY AREN'T MORE PEOPLE SPAZZING OVER THIS??????

YEAH I KNOW RIGHT??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I READ IT!!!!!!!!
lol people sometimes don't know how to appreciate dramas until they're airing! XD