oh god please spare us from Chinese drama i don't know what to say i hate or i love them there are many dramas which is worth to watch it doesn't matter how long it is like princess agent, general and i, ten miles of peach blossom, love lost in time , princess wei young etc and in other side some worst drama also available which as long as others that frustrate me cause of that i hesitate to  watch long drama if in the end it doesn't meet to my expectation it ruin my mood being college student and working person i manage my valuable time for them   

here i can see  many users rated it above 9 

and in home page review section only its flashing 

so friends is it  worth to spend my time on it :)

thankyou

Well, put it this way, Ashes of Love has the highest rating among all Fantasy cdramas in the last ten years on Douban, 7.3/10 from over 120k users. If you know how picky Douban users are, most of above dramas you mentioned did not even reach 6. The best is Ten Miles, 6.7/10. 

General thoughts about cons:

1. Most viewers agree that this drama has the best CGI among all fantasy cdramas so far. For me, this totally raised the bar of my next fantasy cdrama. The ending war scene is a mind blower. 

2. The pace is very good. I did not see any complains about slow starting. Most viewers were dragged in from ep1.

3. HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complains:

When the story comes to around ep30 or ep40, a lot of non-novel materials are added with the background story of the second male lead and the love story of second female lead. The opinions about it are extreme diverse.  Some are totally fine with it. Others especially the book fans are mad about it which caused the rating on Douban dropped dramatically from the starting 7.6/10 down to current 7.3/10. 

Other than that, the acting, the set, the costume, the music are all on the right spot which nearly nobody complains. 

So I would say, try it if you have some time. Warning, very addictive starting. I watched nearly 13 eps non-stop.

ninan:
So I would say, try it if you have some time. Warning, very addictive starting. I watched nearly 13 eps non-stop.

thanks alot

Now the rating on Douban goes up to 7.4/10. It looks like a lot of people changed their rating after the ending. The last few episodes are really well done. emotionally and visually powerful. a proper closure. :-)

BROAD OUTLINE OF THE SHOW FOR NEWCOMERS:-

This show can be said to be a combination of Romeo + Juliet and Game of Thrones.

The first half is generally full of sweetness and comedy, light-hearted and fluffy with some small build-up of plot threads. The romance development here is eminently ML-focused (he falls in love first and fast) and it runs the gamut of playful to moving as it progresses.

The 2nd half will start to bring together several plot threads introduced in the 1st half and so side/ supporting characters have more screen-time as the show fleshes their story arcs and motivations more (hence the Game of Thrones reference). The main couple will also encounter love trials along the line of star-crossed love/ ill-fated love (hence the Romeo + Juliet premise). The trials have sound basis and foundation though, so it's not stupid misunderstandings and noble idiocy type issues. But the trials eventually prove and confirm their love and in the end, they overcome them for a happy end.

I tried to broadly give this outline so that newcomers can have a rough idea of what the show is like and see if it fits any of your drama preferences, and also so that you can adjust your ideas/ expectations of the show accordingly. :)

Thankyou musicalveggies