I know that the novel isn't fully translated yet but I'm curious if the current chapters so far have discussed Chen Yuzhi's background? 

I read the prologue and the first couple of chapters but it didn't seem to state anything specific other than Chen Yuzhi growing up with a Master and a Madam? I don't know if that's supposed to be his parents or if he was like an apprentice. If someone could explain, that would be great.

Jina:

I know that the novel isn't fully translated yet but I'm curious if the current chapters so far have discussed Chen Yuzhi's background? 

I read the prologue and the first couple of chapters but it didn't seem to state anything specific other than Chen Yuzhi growing up with a Master and a Madam? I don't know if that's supposed to be his parents or if he was like an apprentice. If someone could explain, that would be great.

It will be revealed later on in the novel, but if you still want to know...

Chen Yu Zhi' was left outside a hospital when he was just a baby. Master and Madam are his adopted parents. He never met his real parents and Keying is the biological daughter of Master and Madam.

Alysia_ Nevermore:

It will be revealed later on in the novel, but if you still want to know...

Chen Yu Zhi' was left outside a hospital when he was just a baby. Master and Madam are his adopted parents. He never met his real parents and Keying is the biological daughter of Master and Madam.

Thank you so much! Appreciate it. I am so sad for our Chen Yuzhi now but am glad he was adopted by a good family. 

I've been binge reading the released chapters and have finally caught up! You guys are doing an incredible job, keep up the good work! There are quite a few differences to the series but I don't mind it too much. 

Chu Ran seems to me to not have as major a role compared to the series atm. 

Certainly Yu Zhi and Yue Lou's relationship also seems to be progressing a lot quicker. Thanks for the footnotes as well, I found them very interesting to read. 

Btw Yongren is adorable - he cracks me up so much! 

I totally agree with the other comments. I am now reading chapter 10 (I just started it recently and couldn't stop reading) and you did a more than just decent job regarding the translation. I am so happy that you give us "non" ....or "not yet speaking chinese" people the chance to enjoy the novel. Thanks so much. I didn't watch the two last episodes of the drama. Right now I'm thinkink of reading the whole novel before finishing watching the show because your translation reads very smoothly. I wish for the ending of the novel not be the same as in the drama. Until now I have high hopes that the author will not torture us more but many scenes seem to be very similar between the drama and the novel ... Anyway many many thanks again for the translation.   Oh and by the way. May I ask what your native language is if you don't mind answering? I'am just a bit curious. 

Li Man Man:

I totally agree with the other comments. I am now reading chapter 10 (I just started it recently and couldn't stop reading) and you did a more than just decent job regarding the translation. I am so happy that you give us "non" ....or "not yet speaking chinese" people the chance to enjoy the novel. Thanks so much. I didn't watch the two last episodes of the drama. Right now I'm thinkink of reading the whole novel before finishing watching the show because your translation reads very smoothly. I wish for the ending of the novel not be the same as in the drama. Until now I have high hopes that the author will not torture us more but many scenes seem to be very similar between the drama and the novel ... Anyway many many thanks again for the translation.   Oh and by the way. May I ask what your native language is if you don't mind answering? I'am just a bit curious. 

You're welcome,  thank you so much! Really happy that you like the novel! We get so much more details in the novel and so many cute CYZ and JYL moments! I understand you for not watching the last 2 episodes yet, it is too painful I'm still trying to forget about it... Yes in the book 1 there are many scenes similar to the drama and even more!  And for my mother tongue it's French and for Alysia it's Bangla. What about yours ?

Hi there, my mother tongue is German. Nice to see that people from so many different nations share the same interests. I hope you two stay motivated to translate the whole novel. If not many people will be veeeerryyyyy sad or maybe even kind of like devastated I'm sure ... just joking. Thanks again for all the effort. I hope tomorrow I can read the next chapter. I'm looking forward to it. 

Li Man Man:

Hi there, my mother tongue is German. Nice to see that people from so many different nations share the same interests. I hope you two stay motivated to translate the whole novel. If not many people will be veeeerryyyyy sad or maybe even kind of like devastated I'm sure ... just joking. Thanks again for all the effort. I hope tomorrow I can read the next chapter. I'm looking forward to it. 

Thank you so much you're very kind!! Don't worry we love this novel and the drama so much that we don't want to give it up on it! Hope you'll love the next chapters, some of them are fantastic with some little cute scenes completely new and absent from the drama!

Thank you for translating this novel. And dropping snippets in twitter. 

P Non Portraitist:

Thank you for translating this novel. And dropping snippets in twitter. 

Thank you so much!  For the teaser on twitter this chapter is so good and so crazy we get to excited reading it and couldn't wait share a little part of it!!! And maybe we would be able to post it tomorrow! Hope you'll like it!

Wishing for tomorrow!!!

Yes... and so I am also excited for it to come out :)

Hi, thank you so much for the translation! I'm at chapter 13 and it's amazing! I love the drama, but it seems like I will love the novel even more thanks to you!
Btw, is the novel BL (Yu Zhi and Yue Lou will fall in love) or is it like in the drama - "just the soulmates"??

Chrystelle:

Hi, thank you so much for the translation! I'm at chapter 13 and it's amazing! I love the drama, but it seems like I will love the novel even more thanks to you!
Btw, is the novel BL (Yu Zhi and Yue Lou will fall in love) or is it like in the drama - "just the soulmates"??

I am at Book 1 Chapter 15 of the translation by the OP. There is no direct line saying "I like you" yet. BUT the inner monologue of the main characters and the way they react to each other greatly hinted their feelings towards each other.

For example, in YL's case, his inner monologue commented that the "song being sang in the opera is more beautiful" after he and YZ had already talked with each other after a misunderstanding.  And that inner monologue often happens in the novel.

P Non Portraitist:

I am at Book 1 Chapter 15 of the translation by the OP. There is no direct line saying "I like you" yet. BUT the inner monologue of the main characters and the way they react to each other greatly hinted their feelings towards each other.

For example, in YL's case, his inner monologue commented that the "song being sang in the opera is more beautiful" after he and YZ had already talked with each other after a misunderstanding.  And that inner monologue often happens in the novel.

Thank you for your answer! To tell the truth...I have no doubt that they are in love even in the drama. :D The actors plays the characters marvelously. This serie is my favourite BL story, although it's not even officially BL, haha.  So I wondered if the novel is.

Have you guys read ch 16? I know I'm a bit behind but... 

Jiang Yue Lou's face was bathed in the brilliant moonlight, prompting him to remember Chen Yu Zhi's tender and slightly moist lips. This wasn’t a kiss. It was blunt and brief and the only way to get the medicine in. Anyone would have done the same.

In the meantime, he felt as if he had figured something out, but at the same time felt like he didn’t.

Yea..  I wonder what he figured out :P