Thanks!!!. I went on the kimchi sites and honestly I did not know how easy it was to make kimchi..gotta try that- I have the Napa cabbage ..I loved when she said if you like it mild to add a ”cup” of the chili seasoning and spicy add two cups.. OMO I was like..2 tablespoons maybe..hehe..I am so bad with spicy and  my brother uses the hottest hot sauce you can find and makes the spiciest foods..  but I am going to try that recipe..modified:):). Oh and I found a recipe for rice porridge that looks good ... and i may try this for my hair. Kottakal... it looks good.

. in Ayurveda I’m like 80 % Vata and 19%  pitta and my hair is all kappa;:) I’m not complaining, and I haven’t been able to cut it for 2 months so there’s a lot of it.  It says it helps Keep your color so  I am going to try that ..have you ever used it?  Oh andRight next to the kimchi was a  recipe for a coconut smoothie so I had to check that out..looked really good.. made me hungry 

o, gonna send this so I don’t loose it when i go off this site

So with my grandma and the planting of the phases of the moon.. never heard anyone talk about it.  & one day I finally got one of ,my favorite skin care lines into our spa to sell it (Eminence SkinCare) alll natural organic smells amazing they plant trees help humanity feed children in the hospital ..do so much..) anyhoo they came in  to  Train us and the lecturer starts talking about how they have this ultra organic line that they grow only certain times of the year and they do it by the phases of the moon! I was like huh?  Seriously.. so my grandma was spot on. They actually were one of the first ones that I know about that developed  a moisturizer/ that -protects you from the blue light of the computer bc it breaks down your collagen (yes I KR.. is nothing sacred!! Must our skin be assaulted when we are watching our dramas!!!  It’s crazy.. it’s from a plant  called Lilikoi  but it’s sooo white when i put it on it looks odd..so I use it at nite before bed.  I use so many different things on my face my husband is like...”that’s green is that from our  garden” ? hehe  makes life more interesting:):D

now there are a number of skin care lines that offer that protection for the blue light..as well as supplements..  I try not to get to crazy with these things bc skin care changes a t such a quick pace.  I do like the traditional things that have been around for a long time.. like what you use with the turmeric.. my grandmother swore by olive oil  rosemary for her hair and mixed up plants and herbs.. and We all know someone whose older but has used simple skin care for years and still looks great.. my mom is soo bad she uses literally nothing but simple stuff  and she looks great.  So I take everything with a grain of salt. I think what we eat, heredity, how we handle stress , our gut health bone structure .and Genes all come into play .

That’s one of the reasons I like the 5 element practice and how  ayurveda looks at things..we are all a mix of  so many things which is why I like learning about other things.. i also approach skin for a gentler way, I was talking to someone whos had alot of work done and they were telling me how the skin repairs itself after certain harsh treatments. . and I said.. that requires energy, the energy of the skin ..what do you do to help the skin stay healthy and how many times do you want to damage the skin to get a response.. but it was interesting bc we all look at things differently..  I think you can evoke a change in skin by being gentle and supportive  I’ve seen tremendous changes in people who approach their skin in a healthier way.. . And all these low fat diets are so high in sugar and mess with our hormones 

oh my gosh.. I’m sorry I just went off on a bit of a rant.., little peeve of mine,..nobody wants to eat anything nourishing and enjoy their food.  I’m salivating at the recipes your sending over and ever since you mentioned  the fluffy rolls I’ve been thinking about how delicious they look:)  and my daughter wants to try the Japanese egg rolls!!!

ok  gotta go to sleep now (I’m like a kid... Im a night owl and we e been going to bed late) but I gotta work tomorrow and help get the spa ready to go back... waaaaaahhhh...   I’m ready but I’m not..

I gotta go back &check out more of the sites you sent me .. hmm maybe I could cut and paste the pages I want to save With the info you sent me .. I want to check them all. out..  and then we could start a new  conversation  page

stay safe!!!!! Enjoy the day!!!

HyesoosPartnerLawyer:

@Cheerful Smiles ; Idk If you have ingredients to make Kimchi Jjigae, It heard sour kimchi is the best to make Kimchi Jjigae. I see you from Kerala, I'm originally from Sri Lanka and can relate the things you talked about house warming ceremonies. hahaah  I see you rewatching classic old Movies of SRK lol 

@ srk... Oh hehe you caught me! :D Who better than 90s SRK to make a good bolly romcom eye candy, right ?! Hehe ;D I actually like SRK mostly in first 2 movies + Kabhi kushi khabi gham... :) 

Btw have you watched these movies? Last 2 in the list are Imtiyaz Ali's (Director) movies and have different heroes ... He generally makes good romcoms (err last few ones were bad though... Hehe).  If you have not, then do chk it out, they are fun! 'Jab we met' has Shahid & Kareena Kapoor and 'Socha na tha' has Abhay Deol & Ayesha Takia... Old movies, so everyone is slightly more cute and naive looking instead of the machos & zero sizes they look today! :D

And we are actually neighbours?! So cool !! :) I am actually more from Tamil Nadu than Kerala actually... I was born and brought up in TN and went to Kerala only during my school summer holidays to visit my grandparents... which are kind of distant memories now... :) 

Anyways talking about Kerala, we (my parents & me) visited Sri Lanka around 3 yrs back and my parents just couldn't stop saying how Sri Lanka reminded them of Kerala!! They literally felt at home there! :) 

Sri Lanka is a very beautiful place! :) And apart from the beautiful sceneries, I  especially loved the food there (being a huge foodie and all :D). I loved the pol sambol, pol roti, some kind of spl Sri Lankan veg noodles they served in each and every hotel, yellow color coconut based veg curry and that yummy kale with coconut stir fry! *drooling here :D *. 

I think South Indian cuisine in general and Sri Lankan cuisine have so much in common that I actually didn't feel like I has having food in a different country, it all felt very homely actually! <3 Btw we have string hoppers too, we call it Idiyappam. :) But having it with pol sambol was a new experience and totally yummy! :)

And Kimchi Jjigae is a pancake like thing right? I wanted to make something like that but mine was beyond sour so didn't attempt that... But anyway just yesterday I finished it all after I started eating it with my Maggi noodles (masala ramen brand) everytime. :D 

Nowadays we aren't getting those cabbages here because only local produces are available now in corona times, so I was planning on making(experimenting) Korean style yellow pickled radishes next! :D 

Hi M, 

It's really cool that you know your vata/pita/kapha status so precisely! The Ayurvedic doc I had visited many years back for sprain had done a thorough analysis and given me the report on my v/p/k status but sadly I don't remember anything now...  :/ 

Here in India, cosmetic procedures are quite costly, so only mostly celebrities do it and we normal folk stick to good old good skin care regimen because of that! :D Actually most of us do not use many creams either, it is just few yrs back I myself started using a moisturiser which is still the only cream I use... My mom uses it very rarely and my grandmom and all, I don't think she has ever put any cream on her face! And rarely anyone puts on a sunscreen too even though it's super hot here! I too started using it recently and even basic makeup like lipstick, I started using it very very recently and my mom and her whole generation has never even used it! :) 

Btw I don't know whether I wrote it earlier, but I found out while watching all those Japanese egg roll vids that the key to fluffy egg rolls is... adding a little bit of milk to the egg mix and beating it throughly! Milk makes it both fluffy and also reduces that strong eggy taste slightly. So nowadays, I add it for normal omelettes too! :) 

Oh you should definitely try that kimchi! It's super easy especially that mak kimchi recipe! But yeah, do a taste test every day to prevent sour kimchi like mine because the mistake I made was thinking it wasn’t fermented enough just by sight and smell alone instead of actually doing a taste test everyday and as a result I over fermented it... :/

Btw what I actually want to eat everytime I watch a kdrama is Jajjangmeyon, tobokki and that mixed rice(forgot the name)! My mouth keeps watering everytime it comes on screen (even now as I write!)! Hehe :D

Tc! Have a great day! :) 

I only saw 'Jab we met' haven't watched other one. I haven't watched any BW movies in ages, Kdramas and Jdramas occupied me mostly now.  

Aw.. You know many SL dishes hahaha. i quiet not sure which dish you mean by " yummy kale with coconut stir fry ".  String hoppers are the English name otherwise in Sinhalese we called it Indiyappa , kind of similar to Idiyappam hahaha. 

Kimchi Jjigae is Kimchi stew, not pancakes. https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchi-jjigae  Oh you finished it already. I never tried making kimchi, I think it takes much work to make kimchi :D

I'm craving for pol sambol but I don't have a coconut scraper so I haven't cooked much of Sri Lankan food after I came here, mostly cooking food from other countries especially Korean and Japanese food because the place I live in US there is no Indian store to buy necessary spices and ingredients I need, but there are Asian stores ingredients from other countries. 

Hi CF:)

ive been at work the last two days because we ‘have all new protocols and have to set the rooms up a certain way...there is  soo much to get ready for us and the  clients.. 

I’m checking on you, i was watching the news and I heard there was a cyclone that hit India.. are you ok?  There was very little information.  I saw it briefly on the news 

Oh and my husband taught  me  to put milk in omlettes. it makes them fluffier.. when I was a kid my grandmother would beat an egg for like 5 minutes until it was one big fluff and make an omelette in  olive oil. and add peppers onions tomatoes and Parmesan cheese (soo good) it was like a meal

i would visit her and open the fridge and say that there was nothing in there and she would be like “what are you talking about??” and proceed to make a four course meal.. (with like nothing in there...how do they do it?? ) although honestly she could make shoe leather taste good.. so can my mom..... me.. not so much .  Although I have got ramen down to an art. Hehe

hey.. what is a coconut scraper? I saw hyesoos partnerslawyer wrote about it.  also where I am there is a  larger population  of  people from India, so we have a really good Indian grocery store that has lots of stuff nearby.  a lot of my clients talk about it.  I’m gonna visit it one of these days and let you know:) 

“Oh  my Baby“ is awesome. Each episode gets better and better. Ive Had to cut down on my drama watching time .So I was happy it’s as good as it is.. but I’m missing my free time.  oh well, happy to be working again :)

ok let me know how you are. Hope everything is ok:)

Hi M! I'm fine, thanks! :) We were kind of afraid that cyclone will hit our state but it moved further up in the  Bay of Bengal sea and hit West Bengal state... It caused quite a lot of damage there sadly... :/

And it's good that you are getting ready to go back to work! Getting back to normal routine is a different kind of fun in its own way... Wish you Good luck! :) 

And coconut scraper is a mechanical device used to grate the coconut from its shell. Since coconut is curved after we break it into half, we can only use special device to remove the white flesh from the shell or carve it with knife which can be dangerous as knife may slip off! We have traditional wooden scapper with a flat curved blade in the end which is used while sitting on the floor! But there's a different one available nowadays that can be kept on kitchen counter. I was actually going to give her the link for that in my reply.  Maybe she can get that kitchen counter one in US too. :) 

Oh your grandma's omelette recipe sounds yummm! I am going to try it soon! :) 

And I'm surely going to chk out 'oh my baby' 2day! :) 

Tc good night! :) 

Thanks for getting back to me, I was like a mother hen worried about you and your family, glad you’re ok:) sad for anyone who got hurt though,.  normally we don’t hear too much about wordly news so when I saw the info about the storm I got concerned.  
When I was in New York we heard about everything here in. North  Carolina its not as metropolitan.  Ok gotta go to bed early now (12 is early for me..I’m a night owl!!!) stay safe TTYS:)

HyesoosPartnerLawyer:

I only saw 'Jab we met' haven't watched other one. I haven't watched any BW movies in ages, Kdramas and Jdramas occupied me mostly now.  

Aw.. You know many SL dishes hahaha. i quiet not sure which dish you mean by " yummy kale with coconut stir fry ".  String hoppers are the English name otherwise in Sinhalese we called it Indiyappa , kind of similar to Idiyappam hahaha. 

Kimchi Jjigae is Kimchi stew, not pancakes. https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchi-jjigae  Oh you finished it already. I never tried making kimchi, I think it takes much work to make kimchi :D

I'm craving for pol sambol but I don't have a coconut scraper so I haven't cooked much of Sri Lankan food after I came here, mostly cooking food from other countries especially Korean and Japanese food because the place I live in US there is no Indian store to buy necessary spices and ingredients I need, but there are Asian stores ingredients from other countries. 

Oh me too, it's been so long I saw a good bollywood movie... I'm not feeling that magic in new ones, so I am just rewatching old classics now... Btw if you can find it then do chk out that 'socha na tha' too. It's a really cute one. :) 

And kimchi jigae is a soup? Oh sry I got confused with the names! :) I'll chk the recipe for future use but I think it must be something like I did with the instant noodle broth... I made it into a soup like consistency and that's the only way mine was edible... Btw you should chk out this kimchi recipe,  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jfWGj02dMtg

It is just 2 or 3 steps! Cut cabbage into small squares and salt them and then blend ginger, garlic, onion, lil fish sauce and korean chilli powder along with rice powder paste and apply the mix on the salted cabbage! That's all! That's the recipe I followed! It's super easy! :) 

Btw we at home use the traditional coconut scraper and sometimes I use a counter top one from a brand called Anjali which we bought from a local shop in India. I guess you might get a similar looking one from some other brand online in US too... This is pic of the one I use - https://www.amazon.in/Anjali-Padmini-Stainless-Coconut-Scrapper/dp/B00F2GI4SW :) 

And about the kale stir fry... It was a simple stir fry of some green leafy vegetable with coconut and lime juice! It was there in every restaurant we stopped for lunch there and I liked it a lot, so I had asked my guide its name and he said the leaves are called kale... Are they not kale leaves? :) 

KenshinKaoru:

Thanks for getting back to me, I was like a mother hen worried about you and your family, glad you’re ok:) sad for anyone who got hurt though,.  normally we don’t hear too much about wordly news so when I saw the info about the storm I got concerned.  
When I was in New York we heard about everything here in. North  Carolina its not as metropolitan.  Ok gotta go to bed early now (12 is early for me..I’m a night owl!!!) stay safe TTYS:)

Awww thank you so much for the concern M! <3  <3 Thankfully we all are fine here... <3  :) 

I'm usually a night owl too! :D And in these corona days it's become more worse... plus the drama binge watching obsession I'm having these days, doesn't help the cause either! Hehehe  :D

Tc, good night! :) 

Hi:)

been busy at work:0Dit’s actually great to be back I missed everyone:) hope all is good by you.

. we are going to try the Japanese Egg Rolls so I have to get the ingredients , I’ll let you know how it goes..oh also wanted to remind you that sweet munchies and Dinner mate started today.. I was looking forward to these two so I’ll let you know how they are.. hey  are you 12 hours behind or 12 hours ahead? today is Monday and it’s 4:31.. just curious.   i have a busy week but I will try to check in with you ... should we start a new conversation  for the new dramas? I thought you had mentioned  you were going to watch Dinner mate too. If not that’s ok.. I still have those movies you sent me to watch so I have to keep access to this conversation

.. I’ll see if I can figure out how to start a conversation.. ..if not I’ll e mail back to you on this site

OK off  to the store:)  enjoy the day

@Cheerful Smiles

Do you know any website where i can watch BW movies with English subs, I kind of want to watch old SRK movies but not sure where to watch.

No Kimchi jigae  is actually kimchi stew, but there is a different recipe that u can make Soup using Kimchi called Kimchi-guk. I will try to make kimchi using that recipe thankyou. Yeh i know this type of coconut scrapers but I didn't buy it as I don't want to have too much stuff when i moving out.

I still no idea which dish you talking about lol. I wonder if it's like Knol-khol leaves stirfry lol 

ps: Nevermind my mom told me it is Kale. 

oh man, it's been a while since I last posted here. Went back to my office with limited capacity (i'm in Texas) so now I'm a bit more occupied than I was at home lol. 

Been binge watching a lot of new shows, esp Tower of God *.* (based off on a Korean webtoon -> adapted into an anime). 

Started watching Mystic Pop Up on netflix (pretty new), seems interesting. I actually like the actress there (Hwang Jung Eum)

Hi Stars,
 I’m back at work too as of Saturday. I’m in a Spa and do skin care.   Sooooo many protocols :) masks and gloves etc..... I’m in North Carolina.. I think both of  our states didn’t have too many cases.  Which is good.
Happy to hear you are back at work.  Did you like  Mystic Pop up? I was wondering if that was good.  Looked interesting.  I’m watching Oh My Baby (hysterically funny and so real ..all the actors are great in this one) ..
Date nite? I think that’s the name of it.. it’s good .. I like the leads ..I’m not wowed yet so Im waiting to see how goes as it moves forward.  
i Want to watch sweet munchies (love the ML) he was excellent in Cinderella and the 4 knights and Haichi.?.. period drama.  Also King with LeeMin Ho is turning out to be really really good. it was a bit confusing at first and now I’m hooked.  I’ll check out Mystic when I’m done with King.  I’ve noticed Netflix is putting a lot of, Chinese and Korean dramas on and I’m loving it.   

good to hear from you stay safe:):)

Nice to know you're good! Mystic Pop Up seems good so far. It's a little bit of romance; more fantasy. Very healing I heard from others. 

I'm watching Oh My Baby, too! Jang Nara's acting is sooo gooood. I love her character a lot and the themes surrounding infertility and single parents. Very touching T^T I'm also swooning for the 1st male lead looool.

And yeah, Netflix be adding a lot of asian shows to attract more markets which is a double-whammy for me since I watch a lot of chinese, japanese and thai shows, too, haha.