It is so damn hard for asian to grow beard, I know this cause I tried and also failed. Actors with beard are not common in asia so I find most of them cool, Ironically all of them are great actors.....SOME ARE LEGENDS

My list of most baddass beards in japanese cinema( no particular order )

Toshiro Mifune

Tatsuya Nakadai

Koji Yakusho

Watanabe Ken
Hiroshi Abe

Odagiri Joe

Tadanobou Asano

Hiroyuki Sanada
Yamada Takayuki

Nobuaki Kaneko

ALL OF THEM IN ONE FILM WILL BE EPIC!!!! though toshiro mifune is dead....but still there is nakadai...how about ganster movie Nakadai is the godfather.
Hamada Takayuki made me burst out laughing. I love facial hair, I think it makes men sexier but sorry not that man. He is the exception to that rule.
wrote: Hamada Takayuki made me burst out laughing. I love facial hair, I think it makes men sexier but sorry not that man. He is the exception to that rule.

your a girl right??? As a guy I want to have beard like him...sexy is not the word here...I mean baddass. I know girl and guys have different opinion about this things....It was like smaller version of james harden and harden's beard is my favorite of all time.

here is james harden
realdeal wrote: ALL OF THEM IN ONE FILM WILL BE EPIC!!!! though toshiro mifune is dead....but still there is nakadai...how about ganster movie Nakadai is the godfather.

Nakadai was already the godfather in "Onimasa" (if I good remember) and being few other times pretty nice badass (Hitokiri! He wasn't so often on the screen but role was really important and did a great work with Katsu Shintaro). Btw, when he was younger, he hadn't had so often facial hair, mostly badass without beard like in "Yojimbo". Oh, wait... "Seppuku". He was was over 30 years old but played man like 20 years older.

Mifune with a beard, especially in Kurosawa's films like "Yojimbo" and "Sanjuro", is my definition of a ronin.
wrote: Nakadai was already the godfather in "Onimasa"

ok Ill check that...

wrote: Mifune with a beard, especially in Kurosawa's films like "Yojimbo" and "Sanjuro", is my definition of a ronin.

yeah!! that why he's on top LOL....and he's the best IMO

Mifune = POWER, intensity

Nakadai = VERSATILITY

SuedeGirl for you who is the best actor mifune or nakadai??
You read my mind 'cause I think the same about Mifune and Nakadai. First one is pure power and Nakadai very versatile. For a long time I had a problem who's my number one but Nakadai won 'cause he's more calm and concentrated. Mifune was so full of energy that sometimes I thought he'll jump out the screen. Mifune was born for roles of ronins, very energetic people. Nakadai is more versatile, he can act every role, sometimes a bit too calm but really, his Tsukue in "The Sword of Doom", really, he was not the person who I'd like to meet face to face. Nakadai have also this cold attitude which is great to play evil roles (and as far as I know, in real life he's a very nice and sweet person, what you can even see from his pictures). So for me Nakadai but it's purely my personal opnion, it's very hard to pick and decide who's better 'cause it's... imposssible. They're the best on their own ways and off the screen they were friends, not rivals.
realdeal wrote: your a girl right??? As a guy I want to have beard like him...sexy is not the word here...I mean baddass. I know girl and guys have different opinion about this things....It was like smaller version of james harden and harden's beard is my favorite of all time.

here is james harden

i like this beard. it's sexy and badass. takuyuki's beard is not cool. that thing on his face should not exist.
wrote: i like this beard. it's sexy and badass. takuyuki's beard is not cool. that thing on his face should not exist.

lol hair is a hair, that thing on his face is just a hair.....that is shorter but definitely the same style...I cant achieve hardens beard but atleast i want takayuki's. LOL we share different opinion. ^^....but atleast you said hardens beard is cool

wrote: For a long time I had a problem who's my number one but Nakadai won 'cause he's more calm and concentrated. Mifune was so full of energy that sometimes I thought he'll jump out the screen. Mifune was born for roles of ronins, very energetic people. Nakadai is more versatile, he can act every role, sometimes a bit too calm but really, his Tsukue in "The Sword of Doom", really, he was not the person who I'd like to meet face to face. Nakadai have also this cold attitude which is great to play evil roles (and as far as I know, in real life he's a very nice and sweet person, what you can even see from his pictures). So for me Nakadai but it's purely my personal opnion, it's very hard to pick and decide who's better 'cause it's... imposssible. They're the best on their own ways and off the screen they were friends, not rivals.

lol we too dont share the same opinion, i think toshiro is better actor...maybe because I like violent movies. Those two are legendary actors.......young japanese actors should learn. I hate seing japan now is conquered by fangirl actors..some are talented but most are not. T_T
Yamada Takayukis beard is great, he just really needs to trim it. There's just something really weird about the beard basically growing up to his eyebags.
If you want violent films, check ones with Katsu Shintaro like Hanzo the Razor. Katsu had no beard (maybe, I don't remember, but I think mostly he was clean shaven) but still, he's one of the badasses of Japanese Cinema (he was Zatoichi from 60' till 80' so well). Mifune sometimes is a way too energetic, but similar I can say with Nakadai, a way too calm. Anyway, lately I've seen Mifune in Samurai Trilogy by Inagaki Hiroshi, and he acted stunningly. He kept his energy inside and thanks to it he portrayed Miyamoto Musashi amazingly. Whole trilogy is not the best but really entertaining.
I love beards ! But God, I can't take my eyes off Odagiri Joe, he is gorgeous ! *.* I don't know why but I thought of a koala when I saw Yamada Takayuki xD And btw, James Harden is so cool !
if yamada trims his beard he was like this

but am I the only one who likes the full bearded one than this??

I will add Hiroyuki Ikeuchi to my list ( this guy is badass in IP man)

BTW:
guess who is this??
realdeal wrote: if yamada trims his beard he was like this

+1 !

realdeal wrote:
BTW:
guess who is this??

omg -1 !