This only keeps getting worse and worse.. I need to see them now <3 I think I'll go with Zenkai girl first though..I Love, No, I absolutely adore dark ryo.. However, I still have yet to see a nice ryo without a dark side.. Since I first saw his acting in 1 litre of tears, His talent has captured me and kept me interested in his dramas.. And as too now having seen 1 litre of tears, the special and Niini.. Well, Lets just say that ryo brings out my tears effortlessly.. No I guess it would be wrong to put it like that too.. He gives it his best everytime he acts. It shows in his characters.. His efforts.. They all pay off.. And thanks Juniko.. Now I'm in a new dilemma.. After Zenkai girl, Should I watch Last friends or ORTHROS NO INU first? Dilemma, Dilemmas.. Why do Ryo have to be such a great actor.. These Dilemma's are litterately killing me.
boutux wrote: zenkai girls won't make u cry. u will laugh and u will get annoyed at both lead(ryo's character is way too nice in this drama).

There were definitely parts that made me want to cry. Possible spoiler: Remember the episode when her father comes to visit????

But truth be told, I didn't cry while watching either Last Friends or Zenkai Girl. I rarely really cry when watching a drama.

MonjaElisa wrote: Now I'm in a new dilemma.. After Zenkai girl, Should I watch Last friends or ORTHROS NO INU first?

Hmm, I liked Orthos No Inu better than Last Friends, but I'm not sure which one I would suggest for a Ryo lover, hehe. I would say that his character in Last Friends is the darkest I've seen him play. So if you want to see him in a more positive light, then maybe Orthos no Inu would be better (although his character isn't 100% good in that drama either, hehe).
Yeah that's the thing about Orthros no Inu (the more I talk about it, the more I want to rewatch it...), he's not entirely good...well I don't want to spoil. Personnally, I watched Last Friend and then after that Orthros no Inu (because his acting in Last Friend put me in a Ryo marathon, I needed to watch all his dramas^^) and both those dramas are in my favorites, but Orthros is still better for me. In Last friends, there is no actual story I'd say, it's just : you have those people, they are different, see how they interact with each other. Love, hate, friendship, violence, etc. And all this brings a story, because the actors are just that good. There isn't just one male and one female lead and the other bystanding, all the characters are important. In Orthros no Inu, you have a story : something happenned, and two people who are apparently really different are involved. You have in the same time a confrontation between moral good and evil, a search for truth, and a strange kind of bond between the characters. The two male leads are just amazing actors and it's also part of the drama's beauty. And I can't say in which drama Ryo acts best, because in my point of view both the characters are perfectly portrayed. In Last Friends, you want to believe that there is good in him, and in Orthros, sometimes you can see the darkness inside that kind person.
Kawaikochan wrote: There were definitely parts that made me want to cry. Possible spoiler: Remember the episode when her father comes to visit????

But truth be told, I didn't cry while watching either Last Friends or Zenkai Girl. I rarely really cry when watching a drama.

girl don't even get me started on ur possible spoiler. the only emotion i felt during that epi was anger towards wakaba. u need to go to the zenkai girl discussion thread to read everyone ranting about that epi. overall i really loved that drama and i think it was one of the best for 2011 cuz it had everyone talking and really dissecting the actors, the characters and the story and still loving it all.
Sorry if I seem to be butting in on the convo. But since I'm currently watching Zenkai Girl I want to add my imput. XD I think Zenkai Girl is a good drama a lot better than I expected. I originally planned on skipping it because I thought it sounded too cliche, but that drama really does pull on your heartstrings. I felt like crying several times. Just because it was really touching and showed just how deep the love between family really is. I guess I'm just a big sap, but it really made realize how much love I have for my own family.

And to MonjaElisa let me first say high five to another Ryo fan. Lol. I agree with you Ryo is a really great actor. I really wish his roles weren't mostly supportive because he really puts a lot of clear emotion in his acting. As for which drama to watch I think both were really great. Ryo's acting in Last Friends was so convincing that it was chilling at times. And I thought overall the drama was really emotional and well written. And I ended up having a stronger connection to a different storyline than Ryo's, but I don't want to give anything away. I also remeber that I did cry during it. But I honest can't remeber why because I watched it a few years ago. XD
I also really enjoyed Orthos No Inu. I love how everything was perfectly connected and I love how it was written because I honestly believe that's how that situation would be handled in real life. I do admit that some things in the drama were easy to figure out, but that didn't really keep me from enjoying it from start to finish.
@AimxAim Don't worry girl, You're not butting in on anything here, Everyone is always welcome in the MDL forum.. :D
Omg, You are so right.. Ryo is an amazing actor.. He is underated by far..
I haven't seen all of Ryo's shows yet, But I am planning on seeing each and every one of his editions.
even where he is but a supporting role in the actual dramas.. With the kind of talent he has he leaves you with an
impression so good of him that he actually even outshine the main lead sometimes..
Love your profile picture.. Sorry, I just had to say it.. Ryo is so hot <3

Also find his acting by being so good it is nearly heartbreaking at some point..
He litterately made me cry myself to sleep with the love letter scene in 1 litre of tears..
<3
Yeah, but I still kinda feel awkward since I'm so new. ><

He really is underrated. I can't believe that he got his first lead role just last year. He's one of the most talented actors in JE, his talent seems to be a bit wasted though. I haven't seen all of his roles either. I only watch his dramas that interest me. But I do agree that sometimes his acting does outshine the lead. It was most noticeable in Last Friends. I actually feel kind of bad about it. Since they made his role larger then it was intended to be just because he increased the ratings. The other actors apparently didn't like that too much. But he was really great in that drama so I can't fully complain. Lol.
Thanks glad you like it. Love your profile picture too. :] He really is. One of the best looking Japanese celebrities in my opinion.

Ah, I haven't seen 1 Litre of Tears yet. It's definitely on my to watch list though. I've heard such good things about that drama. I have a feeling that that drama is going to make me cry. Such a sad storyline.
@AimxAim
Well, What can I say? As I first picked up 1 litre of tears I had never cried before in a movie in my entire life..
Actually, I had only cried once before, And that was in Koizora.. Well, As a Ryofan, If you truly love Ryo-kun..
Yep, I can promise you that Ryo will make you cry here..
He does also have a lead role for another drama which is really sad though.. By my opinion it reminds you alot of 1 Litre of Tears..
You should truly check it out.. It was only a drama special though @ 1 episode lasting for 2 hours..
Also based on a true story, Just like 1 litre of tears..
Niini no koto wo wasurenaide is the name of the other drama.
Please watch them both.. They were the reason as to why I fell in love with Ryo <3 :3
Yeah, And watch with a box of tissues..

Thank you<3 So true, Ryo is the best looking Japanese Ikemen out there :D

If you'd like the promo for Niini, Here it is.. This isn't subbed, but the actual special already is :D
I actually never really cry during movies or TV shows either. It wasn't until I started watching dramas that they made me pretty emotional. I don't know even though dramas are really short they still manage to put a lot of emotion in them. Oh, and I want to see Koizora it's one my to watch lsit. :]

I've heard of Niini no koto wo wasurenaide it was the drama Ryo did for 24 Hour TV when NEWS were the main personalities a few years back. I always meant to watch it put honestly I've forgotten all about it. >< So, both of them are at the top of my to watch list. And hopefully I don't cry too hard when I watch them. Lol.

Yeah, he really is. ;]
@AimxAim
Yep, I thought the same way when I stared watching the both of them.. Like, I bet these won't make me cry..Nearly nothing ever did.
Yep, I was wrong for sure, you bet... I surely hope you'll enjoy them as much as I did both..
Same thing about Koizora.. Allthough its not a Ryo drama, It managed to make me cry effortlessly.. It has a slow start to it, However once it all begins, It doesn't stop.

Been watching some Zenkai Girl.. I LOVE IT!
Why is it that as an actor, I still have yet to have Ryo dissapoint me?
Gosh, I don't think it is possible to fall for a guy as much as Ryo has me down inside of his palm..
Yeah. After watching sad dramas I realized I'm much more than a sap that I thought I was. I mean, I'm pretty emotional but I just had never seen anything that invoked such a sad reaction in me. Lol. So, I can imagine what these will do the same. Maybe it's better if I don't watch sad things? Lol.

Glad you like it so much. :] Because he's a good actor and he really seems to choose such interesting roles. He's never disappointed me either.<3
I've fallen for Ryo too, but there are still a bunch of other singers and actors I love. Lol.
@AimxAim
Well, I doubt that we are the only ones out there.. Probably a thousand others out there who think the same way we do..
Maybe not as extreme as me though, lol.. My RyoObsession is leading me over to the Stalkerpath.., lol just kidding :D

Yes, We say that everytime.. But as time goes by.. Things always change..
Saying you'll never watch a sad drama ever again, Still ending up crying your eyes out.. Maybe even as early as in the day after..
Gosh I feel almost emo for saying this.. But thanks to ryo... I think tragedy and sad romance dramas has become my new fave drama genres..
I'm wondering how Ryo will be in Last friends.. Keep hearing rumors about him being the perfect mix between nice and heartbreaker there..
Just know it for sure, this one will also leave me in tears..
Yeah, we are totally not alone. There really are thousands of Ryo fans out there. But they should obviously just get in line. Lol. There's nothing wrong with having a healthy obsession with Ryo, just as long as it doesn't turn creepy. XD

Yeah, I'll never actually do it. I hate how sad dramas make me cry but at the same time I can't get enough of sad dramas. I just love touching stories they are my favorite type. Who doesn't love a bitter sweet romance drama?

It doesn't really make you emo because I'm in the same boat here. Lol.

Ryo was absolutely amazing in Last Friends. It was hands down his best performance. He was the perfect mix of sweet and evil. You hated him, but at the same time the other said of you was still rooting for him. It was absolutely chilling!
It might, but probably not the type of tears you're expecting. But I don't want to ruin it. :P You should really watch it after Zenkai Girl though. You won't be disapointed. Not that Ryo could ever really disappoint. ;]
@AimxAim
So True, Even now to this point I am still waiting for that to happen.. But his skills are just too good.. I am unable to stop watching his dramas.. I plan to watch Last friends after having finished Zenkai Girl Indeed.. And after that one, Othoros no Inu..
Well, If its happy tears that'll be cried I will not complain about it :D
Well, You would be surprised just how easily it is not to hate a person you've decided to site with..
I had the same dilemma with Sako Katsumi from the japanese drama Life.. Allthough I guess these two won't really categorize the same way.
Sako was actually psycologically ill due to his father, While Ryo was unlucky by a choice of wife.. Atleast this is how much I know right now..
My Ryoobsession.. Well, Lets just say..
If Ryo ever kills someone in a drama, I don't think I'd be able to get mad at him anyhow..
Yep, That is just how big my obsession is.

Yep, two ryo-crazed girls on a worldwide convo about Ryo <3
Lol. Well than I guess Ryo will always been number one for you. Awesome. Both dramas were really good and really worth watching. Ryusei no Kizuna was also a great Ryo drama.

I've never really cried happy tears before. Touching tears, but not happy ones. Lol.

I'm not really familiar with the drama Life. I don't really know what happens in that drama to really get your comparison. XD But after reading what that drama is about it seems interesting, so onto my list it goes. XD

Killing someone, I think that's a bit much even for me. Lol. Disliking the character has nothing to do with the actor. If anything it shows how good of an actor he is, that his acting is so convincing you don't like him. Though I haven't disliked one of his characters yet. He's never really played anyone truly evil yet, that's probably why.

Haha, totally.<3