MDL Movie Page[/URL]

Usagi Drop (うさぎドロップ Usagi Doroppu) is a 2011 Japanese drama film based on the manga of the same name by Yumi Unita.

The film is about Daikichi, an unmarried office worker with no girlfriend, who ends up living with the six-year-old illegitimate child of his dead grandfather. This girl is called Rin, and Daikichi suddenly declares that he will raise her himself while his relatives discuss arrangements to put her in a foster home. --Wikipedia

[U]Cast
Kenichi Matsuyama as Daikichi Kawachi
Mana Ashida as Rin Kaga
Mirei Kiritani as Kazumi Kawachi, Daikichi's sister
Mayu Kitaki as Masako Yoshii, Rin's mother
Ruiki Sato as Koki Nitani, Rin's classmate in kindergarten.
Karina as Yukari Nitani, Koki's mother
Go Ayano as Kyoichi
Ryo Kimura as Yuichi Suzuki
Atsuko Takahata as Yumiko Sugiyama
Chizuru Ikewaki as Yuki Goto
Jun Fubuki as Yoshie Kawachi, Daikichi's mother
Baijaku Nakamura II as Minoru Kawachi, Daikichi's father

Trailer

Who has watched this movie or plans to?

I watched the anime and loved it and am waiting for subs to appear for it.
The hacker deleted the original thread for this? :/ It looks cute and I want to give it a try. Isn't it based on a manga?
Sleepninja wrote: The hacker deleted the original thread for this? :/ It looks cute and I want to give it a try. Isn't it based on a manga?

I guess so, I didn't find any thread for it.

LisNoir wrote:
Usagi Drop (うさぎドロップ Usagi Doroppu) is a 2011 Japanese drama film based on the manga of the same name by Yumi Unita.
LisNoir wrote: I guess so, I didn't find any thread for it.

Haha Sorry, I should have paid better attention to your first post :p I tend to skim a lot.........it's one of my faults.
Sleepninja wrote: Haha Sorry, I should have paid better attention to your first post :p I tend to skim a lot.........it's one of my faults.

LOL, I do the same thing....just ask Jeanie, where I kept asking questions about things she had posted in the first post of Always...Jajaja
ive waiting this for years.. need srt srt srt sub sub sub
Wow I have even seen the anime to this here :p Seems quite interesting :) Lol maybe I should show it my Animefan friend who doesn´t really watch Dramas ....:p
bokami wrote: ive waiting this for years..

need srt srt srt sub sub sub

Lol bokami...you really like the child actor Mana Ashida right? :p
Mirichan wrote: Wow I have even seen the anime to this here :p
Seems quite interesting :) Lol maybe I should show it my Animefan friend who doesn´t really watch Dramas ....:p

Yeah, I also made the anime version since anime and live actions sometimes tend to differ in some things.
LisNoir wrote: Yeah, I also made the anime version since anime and live actions sometimes tend to differ in some things.

I guess it would be boring if it were the same all the time :)
The raw is out now. I wonder if it'll get subbed fast.
Good news, I requested at DarkSmurf for this to be subbed and they have started already :]
pandabear wrote: Good news, I requested at DarkSmurf for this to be subbed and they have started already :]

Can I give you a virtual huggle? LOL
Yoy, watched it today and its amazing!

The way the manga was turned into a movie is really great. Some of the scenes feel like you really look into the life of real ppl.

The actors are all very good and fit in the role. >>>>>>> To think that in the manga Daikichi and Rin fall in love makes me feel nervous.<<<<<<
Still this movie should be put a must watch list!
pandabear wrote: Good news, I requested at DarkSmurf for this to be subbed and they have started already :]

Yay! Thank you ♥