Moon Child

MDL Link[/url]

Type: Movie
Released Date: April 19, 2003
Average Duration 2 hr. 0 min.
Genres: Action, Friendship, Vampire

[u]Synopsis:

A sleek action thriller starring superstars Hyde, Gackt, and Wang Lee Hom, and set in the near future in a fictional Asian city called Maleppa. A hotbed of crime and drugs, the city is the home to Sho (Gackt) and his gang of desperate criminal associates. Into this group comes Kei (Hyde), a pale, vampirish young man who has deep ties to Sho. Kei joins the group, which now also includes Son (Wong) and his younger sister Yi-che (Zeny Kwok), until a grisly event at once reaffirms the bond between Kei and Sho, but also forces Kei to once again flee Maleppa. Years pass and allegiances are switched, but the worlds of Kei and Sho are on course for one last collision...

Cast:

- Camui Gackt as Sho
- Takarai Hideto as Kei
- Suzuki Anne as Hana
- Wang Leehom as Son
- Yamamoto Taro as Toshi
- Hongo Kanata as Young Sho

Trailer:

I know others have seen this movie, haha. What are your thoughts? I plan on watching it soon (it's already downloaded (:
It's been a long time since I watched it, but it isn't a movie that really stood out to me. It isn't one I plan to watch again.
Thanks for making the thread! I loved Moon Child. It was very different from what most people consider a "vampire" movie. I found it very unique and there were some really emotional scenes in it. And the relationship between Sho and Kei was very special. haha They were almost like best friends, father/son, brothers, even love rivals all at the same time. It's hard to describe why I liked this movie so much, just that the relationships between the characters, the setting, and the unique storyline drew me in.

Also the opium fish! XD
It also had a great soundtrack. I loved the music. ♥♥

Orange no Taiyo - Gackt and Hyde

I watched the Moon Child first time 2006 year.... and now couple years ago I bought the dvd. I really like this movie.
Sleepninja wrote: Thanks for making the thread! I loved Moon Child. It was very different from what most people consider a "vampire" movie. I found it very unique and there were some really emotional scenes in it. And the relationship between Sho and Kei was very special. haha They were almost like best friends, father/son, brothers, even love rivals all at the same time. It's hard to describe why I liked this movie so much, just that the relationships between the characters, the setting, and the unique storyline drew me in.

Also the opium fish! XD

agree with all of that :D it's not the best movie out there, the acting isn't spectacular, but yeah the storyline is interesting, the characters are interesting and their relationships are pretty complex.. and there's eyecandy if you're a fan of HYDE, Gackt or Wang Leehom :)
and of course the soundtrack is great.. how could it not be with that combo of stars lol
One of my favourite Japanese movies. It's incredibly touching and well acted, with awesome music - not surprisingly - and a unique concept. I may be a little biased, I confess, by it's having Hyde in it... the fangirl in me raises her head now and then. ;)
This said, I agree with Sleep: the friendship between those two unlikely characters is moving and a pleasure to watch. I loved the general dark atmosphere splashed with flaming colours, and I appreciated the fact that the issue vampirism is treated with a sort of human delicacy.
Thanks for creating the thread. :)
^High 5! I also wanted to say, the little boy that plays Sho in the beginning was so adorable. He must be all grown up now, I wonder if he acted in anything else? *goes to investigate*
Sleepninja wrote: ^High 5! i also wanted to say, the little boy that plays Sho in the beginning was so adorable. He must be all grown up now, I wonder if he acted in anything else? *goes to investigate*

Kanata Hongo... he's been in lots... Shin in Nana2, GANTZ, Yankee-kun to megane-chan etc. He's 21 now.
kurinezumi wrote: Kanata Hongo... he's been in lots... Shin in Nana2, GANTZ, Yankee-kun to megane-chan etc. He's 21 now.

Hm well, back when I first watched it I really LOVED this movie - Because I was a huge Gackt- and Hyde-Fangirly. Now looking back at it and rewatching it, it's not my taste at all and not that well-done either. It still has a very emotional taste for me because I watched it so often back then that I just can't say it's bad. :D
kurinezumi wrote: Kanata Hongo... he's been in lots... Shin in Nana2, GANTZ, Yankee-kun to megane-chan etc. He's 21 now.

21.... wow. i feel old T____T
ladyfaile wrote: 21.... wow. i feel old T____T

haha I was surprised that he is so close to my age. Looking at the pic they used, he looks much younger. XD

Wow is still pretty young:) He really is one of my favorite actors!>_
I loved it!! I watched it originally because i had heard that Kanata Hongo was in it but i got really into the story and enjoyed it soo much.