Really good drama thus far.(ep6) Have been putting it off for a very long time. It's been around 2 years. I was looking for a drama and I might as well with this and hopefully get some insignificant amout of revision in. Its amazing how time in medicine changes your perspective of medicine and resultant decision-making. Hopefully this time around there is no other "official" name thread around. LOL. After all, code blue really means cardiac arrest... A highly recommended drama. Whether it can outdo its predecessor remains to be seen.
Decided to split my posts do that I don't spoil stuff for people who haven't watched it yet. Warning this is episode 6. I rely completely on subs for this sort of dramas. Unless the doc is talking to a kid. So it could just be a translation error. Since I already noted some errors with stuff. Like. Brain surgery department. Lol. But I was surprised that shirokawa sensei mentions a 1/3 resection rate for lung cancer. He's stage 4... Surgery shouldn't be an option. Maybe for palliative care. But he mentions it as if it's a treatment. And stage 4 lung cancer is probably one month survival. I didn know a marker was TTP1 tho. And of course the little girl had an epidural hematoma on scan. Because it was a biconvex shape. And curiously liver cancer popped up. Gave me a good revision on ascies and espphageal varic bleeding. And overall lots of very interesting life lessons that I can somewhat agree with. Good stuff. Not quite sure if there is a big fan base for Japanese medical drama tho. Since MDL is predominantly Korean and romance. Hahaha. No love triangle here. Doctors have no time to be in love. We only have time to kill ourselves. Lol. Highest suicide rate. Lol. Woooo!
I have seen the first season and really enjoyed it. :D

Main Cast:

Yamashita Tomohisa as Aizawa Kosaku (Flight doctor-in-training)
Aragaki Yui as Shiraishi Megumi (Flight doctor-in-training)
Toda Erika as Hiyama Mihoko (Flight doctor-in-training)
Higa Manami as Saejima Haruka (Flight nurse)
Asari Yosuke as Fujikawa Kazuo (Flight doctor-in-training)
I'm watching this right now, though I just finished episode 5 so I won't read the spoiler for episode 6. :D I looove it. Watched the first season, the special and the first 5 episodes of the second season within the last few days. Normally I get tired after a while, but Code Blue seems to be different. xD The second season is much more serious than the first and I'm crying all the time because it has so much sad scenes. ^^' But I love dramas like that - And I think the acting is really good. Can't say anything about how realistic it is, but for me (who has no idea of medicine and doctors) it's believable. ;D
devitto wrote: I'm watching this right now, though I just finished episode 5 so I won't read the spoiler for episode 6. :D

I looove it. Watched the first season, the special and the first 5 episodes of the second season within the last few days. Normally I get tired after a while, but Code Blue seems to be different. xD

The second season is much more serious than the first and I'm crying all the time because it has so much sad scenes. ^^'
But I love dramas like that - And I think the acting is really good.

Can't say anything about how realistic it is, but for me (who has no idea of medicine and doctors) it's believable. ;D

Haha. It is AMAZING isn't it.

And I totally agree. It has gotten a lot more serious.

The first season had a fair focus on the work of the doctors and the cases and the accidents. Of course fitting perfectly with character development.

The second season seems more focused on character development now. Makin it way more intense. Not in a bad way of course.

Amazing show.

And by no means am I saying its unrealistic. It's been very realistic up till now. Hahaha.

Hahah pretty cool we are both watching the same drama at the same time at pretty much the same episode. When it was released two years ago.

Everythin is very real and the feelings are real. It's very nice. And the song. HANABI. So perfect. Absolutely. Lol.
Now I watched Episode 6 and read your spoiler and well, I could've just as well read it before watching. Don't understand a thing. You're a doctor, too? ^^ People keep dying right now and it's way too sad! They should have some successful operations once in a while please or my room will flood. T_T (I'm wondering if we'll see the young mother and her tiny little baby boy again someday.. :O) And I'm now going to watch Ep. 7 and see what kind of huge trouble she's in.. @_@
devitto wrote: Now I watched Episode 6 and read your spoiler and well, I could've just as well read it before watching. Don't understand a thing. You're a doctor, too? ^^

People keep dying right now and it's way too sad! They should have some successful operations once in a while please or my room will flood. T_T

(I'm wondering if we'll see the young mother and her tiny little baby boy again someday.. :O)

And I'm now going to watch Ep. 7 and see what kind of huge trouble she's in.. @_@

Wish I was a doctor, only a medical student. (Clueless about most things to do with medicine) LOL

Haha... I'm watching it SLOW... if not I'll be taking too much time away from studying =(
So are you going to become a doctor? Sorry, I'm clueless. xD I finished Code Blue now. I hate that it's over. T_T Let's see if I'll watch Jin next, maybe I need something different first. :)