Manga and anime has been a solid source for a lot of splendid dramas over the years, but there are certain works that just wouldn't be suitable for a live action cast. What drama would you never want to see be made, or even what drama do you wish was never made? For me, I never want to see animes such as One Piece, Naruto and Bleach be made into dramas for obvious reasons. My number one fear, however, is Vampire Knight. I cannot, in any way, accept that if that ever was to happen. As for dramas that never should have been made, I have to say Meteor Garden. I may be very unfair since it was the first adaption of HYD and it was indeed a long time ago, but it was just.. so.. bad.
I'm surprised. Meteor Garden is possibly the first ever TW hit that I heard of back in the days. It was über big. Whether in TW or in CHN. I recall F4 and all that hoolabaloo with Pepsi. And I didn't ever watch it because I disliked F4. But nevertheless I was still exposed to most the songs and enjoyed them. For me, rabu com was absolutely terrible. And detective Conan specials have been very disappointing too. I think it's a tall order to follow a successful anime because there are much less limitations in anime. However I'm sure that there are successful ports.
I agree with bannie love com's live action was horrible. I've never watched Meteor Garden and not really a fan of Detective Conan so I havent watched the live action.

However I think that any anime adaptation for a movie so far has all ruined the anime. Just like Prince of Tennis. The live action totally ruined my whole image of the story. The only successful ones I've seen was Hana Yori Dango. Both the Japanese one and Korean one was not bad to me. And maybe Mei-chan No shitsuji. I liked the live action drama it wasn't so bad.

Anyways, back to topic. I really do not want to see ANY of my favourite mangas and animes in live action. Lol. I may sound cynical but I really don't like that idea. That's because once you have actually read a manga and watched an anime series you have a different perspective of the show and your expectations will be really different. Like the Skip Beat drama. I totally hated how the plot was rushed and in live action the main lead actually seemed annoying to me lol whereas in the manga she is my favourite. I have to admit I liked Absolute Boyfriend [Japanese version. Have yet to watch the Taiwanese one] but the ending totally ruined it. The same goes for the movie NANA. Omg it was totally boring in real life.

So that says it. No live action dramas/movies for any of my favourite mangas or animes.IMO. It kills my image of the story <.< maybe in the future I might change my opinions if an anime or manga was adapted into a film or drama series and was actually really nice. For now I'll stay this way lol
I can't imagine to see any of those fighting animes like Naruto either. That would look so weird, no matter how good the effects were. We've seen it all with the Dragon Ball movie. Lol. xD
Urgh my worst possible to turn was already made in a live-action.Ok to be truth I loved the live-action-movie of Prince of Tennis...But the series to it was horrible >_< I don´t like Animes like Naruto,One Piece anyway...but it would annoy me even more when they have live-actions so it :p I can already imagine the whole thing (T.T) I bet it would seem very fake...
one piece, for sure...NO WAY! and hunter x hunter... i saw some pics about hunter x hunter musical live action and i don't like it.. T_T
I don't ever want to see Naruto or Bleach in any kind of drama or action movie (I've heard rumors about an American Bleach adaptation UGH!) they're both too long and I know that for a drama the plot will be rushed, incomplete and I haven't seen many people who can pull of pink or orange hair. Also I like Vampire Knight and I'd rather not see it like a drama, unlike Bleach and Naruto, it has more romance in it and I'm sure that the drama adaptation will concentrate on that instead of the awesome vamp action going on in the manga.
I'd just have to say a very generalized "anything they wouldn't be able to afford making correctly". Meaning all those over-the-top supernatural/sci-fi/fantasy shows that would require a higher budget than they'd be willing to spend, because I doubt anyone would want one of those massacred! Some shows are just better (and less ridiculous) when they stay animated, haha.
It's been said, but if there ever is a Bleach, Naruto, etc. live action in the U.S., I'm moving to Canada.