wrote: http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/92/maou

Title: Maou | Native title: 魔王 | Also Known as: The Devil Remake

Genres: Romance, Drama, Suspense
Synopsis: This drama is a remake of the popular suspense drama The Devil that was aired in Korea last year. Ohno Satoshi will be playing the role of a two-faced lawyer, one of which is a kind hearted soul and the other who is plotting revenge, using his brilliant mind, on the person who killed his relative. On the other hand, Ikuta Toma will play the double lead role of the man, who has become a detective due to his dark past, who is pursuing the mysterious series of murders and fighting against the devil (maou).

Cast:
Ohno Satoshi ~ (Naruse Ryo) ~ Main Role
Ikuta Toma ~ (Serizawa Naoto) ~ Main Role
Kobayashi Ryoko ~ (Sakita Shiori) ~ Supporting Role

Drama Opening:

-------
I've only seen a few episodes of the show, And I am already completely in love with it..
I Can't believe this awesome drama didn't have any MAL discussion at the forum earlier..
Guess its better with late than never however.. So, Have you seen Maou? Are you planning to?
I have seen it, rated it a perfect 10 and it will stay my favorite drama forever. I'm rewatching it right now. <3
I got this movie from friend but I don't watch it yet. so, maybe I will try :)
I-Sera wrote: I got this movie from friend but I don't watch it yet. so, maybe I will try :)

you should try this drama..It's good:-)

I rated it 10!!!
I always recommend it to everyone. It's pretty high rated, but it could be higher.. :D It's amazing. <3
devitto wrote: I always recommend it to everyone. It's pretty high rated, but it could be higher.. :D
It's amazing. <3

I've got the chance to watched it because it got high rate on DC(before I used their Most Popular list as a reference on what to watch..and their list doesn't disappoint me)...

Like it's twist and turn:-)
I did that, too. That's why I started with You're Beautiful once I started watching on DC.. because it was No. 1 :D But there are mostly idol dramas in their top 10, the really good ones are further down. :/
I just finished watching Maou not to long ago.. This is such an unbelievably amazing drama.
Even now as I have completed the drama, I still can't feel satisfied.. Ohno and Ikuta Toma did an incredible job.
I cried like a baby in the last episode.. Gosh, this nearly beats 1 litre of tears.. But only almost.. <\3

I certainly didn't see that ending coming.. It was worth every minute I watched it.. It was never booring..
Its soundtrack is even now replaying in my head.. I'll probably end up buying this drama..
Ohno Satoshi is seriously an amazing actor.. I have never seen anyone like him. He seems to master all kinds of characters nomatter what personalities\things they do.
Naruse Ryou is indeed a unforgettable character.. <3

I watched 2 epsiodes of the Korean original The Devil & dropped it as I found it slow & boring....
i want to give it a try.....
ayeaye2011 wrote: i want to give it a try.....

You really should give it a try.. Maou is amazing.. I doubt you'll regret it..
It doesn't get all the credit it really deserves out there.. :)

---
Seriously, This instrumental from the Maou OST brings tears to my eyes. Nostalgia= Grace..
It was a very good show. Well written. Kinda disappointed it was from Korea, but top dramas always end up with multiple versions.
I'll try my luck again - Does someone know the name of the melody Naruse's music box plays? Shiori tends to hum it, too. I can't find the information anywhere. :/
bannie wrote: It was a very good show.
Well written.
Kinda disappointed it was from Korea, but top dramas always end up with multiple versions.

why disapointed?
devitto wrote: I'll try my luck again - Does someone know the name of the melody Naruse's music box plays? Shiori tends to hum it, too. I can't find the information anywhere. :/

I'm pretty sure that would be Over the rainbow.. Early in the drama Shiori and Ryou took a drive, That's how she found out it was ryou's favorite song. It is a beautiful music box indeed. Not that fond of the original version however.