http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Japanese_Drama_Season_-_Summer_2018

wow half of year is gone!

what will you be watching and what will you recommend?

I'll be looking out for Eerie Mienai Kao --- Odagiri Joe, always a fan. Also, Gibo to Musume no Blues is something I'll check out for Ayase Haruka alone, but idk if it's something I will stick with.

Takane no Hana, maybe. I'll see what other think of it. I may look at In This Corner of the World, too.

Summer season is SUPER strong this year and I'm so excited!

Dramas I'm planning to watch:
Cheer Dan --> Any Tsuchiya Tao drama is an automatic watch for me! Can't wait!
Takane no Hana --> This drama looks hilarious and the cast is super good. I see it advertised everywhere around Tokyo so I'm expecting good things 

Dramas I'll probably check out:
Good Doctor --> I don't like medical dramas but might just have to watch this one for YamaKen
Gibo to Musume no Blues --> Interesting plot + Ayase Haruka + TBS = Potential for a great drama
In This Corner of the World --> It definitely has potential to be a standout this season as it's based on the incredibly popular manga/animated movie of the same name. Cast is also good so hopefully it does well

Recommended summer dramas based on the first 1-2 episodes so far (in no particular order):

• Kenkou de Bunkateki na Saiteigendo no Seikatsu
    • social drama, no bullshit, great lead actress, even better supporting cast, topical, timely, neat, fresh
  • Takane no Hana
    • for Ishihara Satomi fans (me), writing/story is still kinda meh, but I hope it will gradually get better
  • Gibo to Musume no Blues
    • charming family drama with a charming cast; very simple, but fun
  • Good Doctor
    • remake, great performances all around, great writing, surprisingly good lead actor
  • Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
    • live-action adaptation of the popular anime, great production, as charming as the anime, lovable characters, sweet, educational (realistic depiction of an era), great score
  • Toumei na Yurikago
    • perfect j-drama, very human, heart-warming, heart-wrenching (such a tearjerker), incredible lead actress (maybe best of the season), good supporting cast, wonderful sounddesign

Still looking forward to dele and Himomen.

Mediocre: Hagetaka, Survival Wedding, Cheer Dan

Not watched yet: Last Chance, Zero Ikkaku Senkin Game, Bakabon no Papa Yori

Not recommended: Zettai Reido 3

• dele
  • Himomen
  • The Vultures
  • Kasane
  • Saimon & Tada Takashi
  • When I Get Home My Wife Pretends to be Dead

I need subs for the ones that are airing/ aired!!! ugh

I was looking forward to quite a few shows this summer but ended up missing the first couple of episodes of literally everything except dele, so in the end that's all I'll be watching as it airs, I guess... unless you count the Code Blue specials promoting the new film.

so a few episodes in, any recs?

i dropped good doctor and i cannot find subs for takane no hana or zettai reido 3

kinda lame season

I'm enjoying a lot Dele and Sachiiro no One Room.

Gibo to Musume no Blues is alright so far.

I watched the first episode of Survival Wedding but it didn't seemed that interesting.

And I'm looking forward to Saimon & Tada Takashi, Shoplifters and Kasane.

• Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
  • Takane no Hana
  • Cheer Dan

Im watching Sachiiro no One Room at the moment and Im really enjoying it this far!

love:

Im watching Sachiiro no One Room at the moment and Im really enjoying it this far!

me2