Hanaoni 

I want an updated version with a bigger budget OR possibly a series

Kids on the Slope

I quite enjoyed it... thought all 3 actors are cute and expressive. The music can be a bit better, but this live action is one of the better adaptions in recent years. 

The Fable. 

Movie is really good. Especially the action sequences

Under Your Bed

Weird and freaky with some scenes that were uncomfortable to watch yet I still liked it; very unique premise.

Soshite, Baton wa Watasareta.

Beautiful movie, highly recommend

Aimer_is_life:

Soshite, Baton wa Watasareta.

Beautiful movie, highly recommend

Ditto! I just did, too, and wanted to recommend it here! I can only underscore your comment...! 10/10 

One additional recommendation would be to only read the linked synopsis and watch the trailer (+comments) only after watching the movie, IMO it is a little too spoilerish! Trust us, the cinematography and acting is great, you won't have to check that beforehand.  

Love Like the Falling Petals
I was well aware of the content when I added it to my list, in November last year. I thought I was suitably prepared for what was to come... I am an advocate of Happy Ending, that's what I like to tell. :|

Junihitoe wo Kita Akuma
Took me by surprise. I can't even remember why and when I added this to my ptw., but it puts a fresh and different air to the Genji Monogatari.
[5/27/2022]

The Lies She Loved
Could've been better, not bad.
[5/28/2022]

Kiokuya
This was a good watch. I wasn't supposed to watch this movie today. I just added a movie in our mdl database with a similar kind of plot just yesterday, that one will be out in 2023. Strange coincidence, the movie found me.
Also, the leads here also lead in an ongoing drama that I'm watching atm.
[31/5/2022]

the most recent one that i saw was a movie titled Homestay

i enjoyed it more than i thought i would lol.

The Many Faces of Ito
Decent. But, not gonna check the drama version
[3/6/2022]

Crybaby Pierrot's Wedding
Predictable storyline but, good enough.
I just realized this young Shida Mirai kinda looks like Arimura Kasumi. I'm Team Shida Mirai for now.
[7/6/2022]

Assassination Classroom

I really enjoyed it this film, I didn't know what to expect but it was a really fun watch. 

Life Back Then
At 110 minutes
Me: Yes. I like it.. that's how it should go
At 115 minutes
Me: Don't. No, don't. Don't do this to me movie...don't

Even though my love Eikura Nana has one of the brightest smiles, I always find her in this kinda way, why?

One in a Hundred Thousand
Typical Japanese movie with a terminal illness, this one is set on school premises. But I won't get tired of this trope

Elite:
The Many Faces of Ito
Decent. But, not gonna check the drama version
[3/6/2022]

I found the drama to actually be better than the movie; it's been a couple years since I watched them both but as usual the drama has more plot than the movie.