jeanie65jh wrote: I'm glad you're liking it. I really does get funnier. I just adore Matsuda Shota. My big weakness is an actor who can play intense roles and then turn around and do comedy just as well, or visa/versa. He just rocks this part. ♥♥♥

Agree, he's an awesome actor!
phoenixtearz9 wrote: I can't agree with you more about Matsuda Shota.. I think I am going to take your recommendations more seriously, I haven't been disappointed yet in a drama you have suggested.. btw getting ready to watch ep 4 now...

I consider that a great compliment...and so very sweet. Thank you muchly! (Watch..you will hate the next thing I recommend! lol!)

LisNoir wrote: Agree, he's an awesome actor!

*sigh* he's very awesome and Gawjuss! I blame You, Rita and Kawaii for making me crazy over him. Have you noticed how once someone watches something he has acted in they start to become hooked as well? Not all the time but about 99% of the time? I can't even imagine how many fans he has in Japan.
jeanie65jh wrote: I consider that a great compliment...and so very sweet. Thank you muchly! (Watch..you will hate the next thing I recommend! lol!)

Well, get ready to think of another good one, please. I got up to 7 last night and am half way done with that one.. so will probably finish this show tonight, and kinda at a loss right now as to what to watch next.. I hate that I just can't randomly pick one to watch...
phoenixtearz9 wrote: Well, get ready to think of another good one, please. I got up to 7 last night and am half way done with that one.. so will probably finish this show tonight, and kinda at a loss right now as to what to watch next.. I hate that I just can't randomly pick one to watch...

Well..so much for trying to look at your list to sneak a peak at what you've already seen. Grrrr! that particular glitch needs to be fixed SOON. Personally, I'd recommend another Shota Drama. I would go for a k-drama but I don't know what you haven't seen!

Love Shuffle is very good. It has more adult subject matter and mature themes but is very well done. The first episode is a bit slow but the plot ramps up fast as it's only ..9 to 11 eps? (I don't remember..I think 11 at most) If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it highly.

There are a few older dramas that I love. The reason is that they are written well and not geared toward those in their teens or early 20's. Not that there is anything wrong with that (I loved You're Beautiful), but I am 31 and sometimes I like to watch dramas geared more toward my age group.

so I'm recommending blindly here but...

"What's Up Fox" is very good. Same writer of MNIKSS and Me Too Flower. It's about a 32 year old woman and a 23 year old man who fall in love. Witty, smart, touching and very well done. Nice little details to the characters and plot make it special. Chun Myung Jung does an amazing job as Chul Soo.

Have you seen "The City Hall" yet? wow...Again..First episode...Hmmm..but man does the rest of this drama make up for it! So so good.

Let me know if there is anything you have been hesitating to watch and maybe I can give you my opinion? Not that it's any good mind you... I know everyone has their own tastes. Mine isn't always the greatest. ...wow I'm kinda gabby aren't I? Shuuuuup Jeanie.
jeanie65jh wrote: Well..so much for trying to look at your list to sneak a peak at what you've already seen. Grrrr! that particular glitch needs to be fixed SOON. Personally, I'd recommend another Shota Drama. I would go for a k-drama but I don't know what you haven't seen!

Love Shuffle is very good. It has more adult subject matter and mature themes but is very well done. The first episode is a bit slow but the plot ramps up fast as it's only ..9 to 11 eps? (I don't remember..I think 11 at most) If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it highly.

There are a few older dramas that I love. The reason is that they are written well and not geared toward those in their teens or early 20's. Not that there is anything wrong with that (I loved You're Beautiful), but I am 31 and sometimes I like to watch dramas geared more toward my age group.

so I'm recommending blindly here but...

"What's Up Fox" is very good. Same writer of MNIKSS and Me Too Flower. It's about a 32 year old woman and a 23 year old man who fall in love. Witty, smart, touching and very well done. Nice little details to the characters and plot make it special. Chun Myung Jung does an amazing job as Chul Soo.

Have you seen "The City Hall" yet? wow...Again..First episode...Hmmm..but man does the rest of this drama make up for it! So so good.

Let me know if there is anything you have been hesitating to watch and maybe I can give you my opinion? Not that it's any good mind you... I know everyone has their own tastes. Mine isn't always the greatest. ...wow I'm kinda gabby aren't I? Shuuuuup Jeanie.

Well, what do ya know, I am 31 too. I don't have any trouble looking at others lists.. hmmm wonder why folks have trouble looking at mine.. let me look... I have completed 134 drama's.. I watched Love Shuffle because I had a thread for suggestions not to long ago, and more than one person suggested Love Shuffle, I enjoyed it, especially the 'Yay Panda' ... I have tried watching City Hall, but I really can't get thru the first episode... What's Up Fox, I think I remember once upon a time wanting to watch it, but got side tracked with something else.. lol, happens a lot.. Think I will give it a try...

Just looked at yer list, and wow I think you have dropped more drama's than me, or its a really close call.. You have a lot of good drama's in your ptw list... And quite a few in your completed that either I haven't heard of or haven't watched.. wow..
Finished, this awesome drama this morning.. and I soooo hope they will make a season 2..
phoenixtearz9 wrote: Well, what do ya know, I am 31 too. I have tried watching City Hall, but I really can't get thru the first episode...

Well...like I said..The first episode of The City Hall is a bit boring but trust me when I say..This drama is amazing and you should push past that episode and keep going. It has an amazing love story. tons of humor, smartly written dialog and Cha Seung Wona & Kim Sun Ah have the best chemistry. This drama is a 10 10 10 ...I promise. Try it again...if you care to.

phoenixtearz9 wrote: Finished, this awesome drama this morning.. and I soooo hope they will make a season 2..

I know a few ladies on here that would be extremely happy if they made a season 2. I wonder how they'd work out the 'freaky friday' element to it all though... so glad you liked it!
jeanie65jh wrote: . Try it again...if you care to.

I know a few ladies on here that would be extremely happy if they made a season 2. I wonder how they'd work out the 'freaky friday' element to it all though... so glad you liked it!

I might give City Hall a try again... If they remade it, they would have to have all the same actors, and I think it would be fun if either Nishy-san or Sachiko were the "good guys" and Ayumi or the 2nd guy (can't remember his name it ends with -do) for the gangsters... I would really want to see Sachiko & Ayumi, I think that would be hilarious.. seemed to me there was an attraction on her part towards Shirota...
jeanie65jh wrote: Well...like I said..The first episode of The City Hall is a bit boring but trust me when I say..This drama is amazing and you should push past that episode and keep going. It has an amazing love story. tons of humor, smartly written dialog and Cha Seung Wona & Kim Sun Ah have the best chemistry. This drama is a 10 10 10 ...I promise. Try it again...if you care to.

I second that!

I am loving the Don Quixote drama it;s fantastic...I dread at the mere thought of sequeles, however. It wouldnlt be so fresh and the learning concepot would be lost...although I do have a feeling for the momen t that MAtsuda's character has a lot to elarn (I am at episode 4 at the moment...) But it;s really hilarious and touching at the same time I love it.
City hall is a really fabulous drama.

Oh, you mean that the second season would be like: the females exchange places? Could work!
But then remeber what happened with Quiz Show, it;s really the same situation here.
I really like hiw well the yakuuza boss does his role as the child care worker; hes like more interesting than the "first" time we see that guy. I can;t stop laughing, this drama is really entertaining and I really recognize the talent here, the two actors play off each other so darn well! I love, love this!
Bladey wrote: City hall is a really fabulous drama.

Oh, you mean that the second season would be like: the females exchange places? Could work!

Yeah, I meant about 2nd season of Don Quixote.. I think it would be awesome if the girls switched..
I've just finished it! Watched it one afternoon today, but it was such a fun ride! I'm just glad I didnlt have anything else to do. Both did a wonderful job, but I am now a fan of Matsuda shota, he sure has SOMETHING and he really bought me with this role, as if I wasnlt convinced enough by liar Game or Nagareboshi, I really like the roles he has. And the ending does indicate a potentially interesting spin off.. And I loved hiow he portrayed the yakuuza boss, very cool. I loved Ayumi. Wonderful, wonderful drama, very good use of the body swap. I love friendship driven stories and male bonding coupled with learning process and also the sense of loyalty. It was a fantastic ride! ^^
Both of them were just so darn funny! But the stories they deal with were so sad. My God. I really like what they were trying to achieve here.