http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/8071/garasu-no-ie

Starring:

Saito Takumi
Igawa Haruka
Nagayama Kento
Fujimoto Takahiro

Summary:

When Rei Tamaki (Haruka Igawa) was a child, her parents died in an airplane accident in France. She grew up in a difficult environment and money was always hard to come by. Now in her 30's, Rei visits the accident site where her parents died. There, she meets Kazunari Shibusawa (Takahiro Fujimoto) who lost his wife in the same accident. Kazunari is the budget director for the Ministry of Finance. Rei falls in love with Kazunari and marries him. Kazunari has two sons who are now adults. His first son Hitoshi (Takumi Saito) follows in his father's path. Hitoshi works in the Ministry of Finance. His second son Kenji (Kento Nagayama) graduated from law school and is now preparing for the bar exam. Because of Rei, who tries to get close to Hitoshi and Kenji, and her beautiful appearance, the Shibusawa family begins have friction. Hitoshi is attracted to Rei. Rei begins to realize that what she wants from Kazunari is not love, but her late father's shadow.

My thoughts:
I watched this drama on a whim. Turned out to be pretty good! I admit I hate flashbacks so the first episode annoyed me a little bit, but I guess flashbacks can't be avoided when past events are an important part of the story line. It's a melodrama so it's not so quick moving, but the pace is steady enough to keep you hooked. As far as the pacing, I found it similar to dramas like Utsukushii Rinjin or Mitsu no Aji. Many have expressed that this year's current dramas have been kind of dull, but I think this one stands out, definitely. Also, Nagayama Kento, who is Eita's younger brother is really cute! They look so much alike. I look forward to seeing him in more dramas.

For me, a lot of the currently airing dramas I have watched this year failed to get me interested in the first episode, but this one did, so that definitely says something. So far three episodes are out. Anyone else watching?
It's in my queue & I'll watch it once all the episodes have been released & subbed. Definitely looks interesting. I just hope it has a good ending that isn't too depressing. :)
I am currently watching this and I like it. I think it's pretty well done but I agree with anyone who says that this is not directed for everyone.
I have watched the beginning of the first episode. So far I'm not sure what I think about it, but I'm interested enough to keep watching.
It's definitely one of those "forbidded love" type dramas...but I definitely do have a feeling that it's going to get crazy as it goes on, especially judging by the husband/father's behavior.
The synopsis is very interesting. I'm debating whether or not I should watch it.

I have watched the first episode now. Generally I like "forbidden love" type of stories. I also don't mind if it gets a bit crazy (last drama I completed was Koukou kyoushi, full of crazy!), but already in the first episode, the father gives me the creeps...
SPOILER****Okay episode 5...that is probably the first time I have ever seen people properly kissing in a j-drama. They actually moved their lips! Gasp! LOL But I do wonder what will happen next...
I watched until ep. 6 and I have mixed feelings. I like some elements of the plot but I think they are not used to their full potential. And I don't like the character of Rei-san, the heroine. I find her too much dependent of men and I think she lacks of personnality.
Pamela wrote: I watched until ep. 6 and I have mixed feelings. I like some elements of the plot but I think they are not used to their full potential. And I don't like the character of Rei-san, the heroine. I find her too much dependent of men and I think she lacks of personnality.

Yeah I agree. I feel like the characters could express more emotion. Like wouldn't a man be more furious to find out that his own son slept with his wife? I was honestly expecting a fist fight. And I don't really get the vibe of a torrid love affair either. And about Rei being dependent on men, it changes within the next couple of episodes.
Panda-san wrote: Yeah I agree. I feel like the characters could express more emotion. Like wouldn't a man be more furious to find out that his own son slept with his wife? I was honestly expecting a fist fight. And I don't really get the vibe of a torrid love affair either.

That's exactly what I feel! It could have been more intense.

My husband thinks "it's a drama for Japanese old women to watch while folding laundries" :)
Great drama. Forbidden love.