kura2ninja:

Hey, guys, how are you doing? I hope everyone is doing well. What are you guys watching and how do you like them so far?

I've managed to shirk my RL responsibilities finish some Japanese dramas in December-January. Objectively, I think the best of them is Zenkamono, which is about a rookie probation officer, played by Arimura Kasumi. While watching it, sometimes her character would piss me off so much because of her naivety and high-sounding idealism--but that's to be expected, because she's still new on the job. I'm glad that it's only 6 episodes long, about 30 minutes each, because it went to some dark places and I don't think I could handle it if it's longer. It's a very well-written, solidly-acted drama with excellent production value, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Be sure to check out the tags for trigger warning, though.

Hi, what is a trigger warning? 

plainforgiven:
Hi, what is a trigger warning?

A trigger is when something specific upsets someone. Like if someone doesn't like seeing gore scenes, then they can avoid it by checking if anyone added the word ''Gore'' to the page in tags. This is how a tag can function as a ''trigger warning'' by showing what themes are displayed in the show. A drama-tag can warn that there is something triggering/upsetting in the show. 

RandomUsagi:

A trigger is when something specific upsets someone. Like if someone doesn't like seeing gore scenes, then they can avoid it by checking if anyone added the word ''Gore'' to the page in tags. This is how a tag can function as a ''trigger warning'' by showing what themes are displayed in the show. A drama-tag can warn that there is something triggering/upsetting in the show. 

HI RandomUsagi, thank you for your great explanation. Got it!

Hi all,

Managed to run through the entire thread. 

First, thank you all so much for the lists, recommendations and so on. I've starred the pages on my home tab in Google.

Quite the noob here.

1. So to reply, I use the quote function only right?
2. Unsure about badges, banners, but I'll familiarise myself with them
3. I'll be sure to contribute but uhm... for reviews, I'll probably give two lines on why I like a Jdrama. :-P

Thank you all again! Lovely to finally chance upon a forum group on Jdramas.

plainforgiven:
1. So to reply, I use the quote function only right?

Yes if you're using pc you can just select a sentence of the other person and the quote option should pop up. 

plainforgiven:
2. Unsure about badges, banners, but I'll familiarise myself with them

Essentially you can choose either a badge or a banner (whatever you like more) and display it on your MDL profile bio. You can access your profile bio in Settings of MDL and add the picture. 

RandomUsagi:

Yes if you're using pc you can just select a sentence of the other person and the quote option should pop up. 

Essentially you can choose either a badge or a banner (whatever you like more) and display it on your MDL profile bio. You can access your profile bio in Settings of MDL and add the picture. 

Hi RandomUsagi,

Thank you! You can see from my profile that I am CMI (cannot make it) at the moment. Ha ha ha! Cheers!

looking for a drama where the male gets tape mouth/ gagged scene?

I'd like to join! I want to watch more doramas as I was a big otaku as well! :) But can anyone make a badge with Dori Sakurada please? ;-; 

I’m will be making some fan/addict badges soon.

here’s a sample, if you’re interested in having this type of badge to display on your profile you can post an image, color and text (Fan or Addict) preference here: https://mydramalist.com/profile/Rien/feeds/eL0R2iy and I will try to make it :)

Hello fellow dorama fans!

This post is not totally related to Japanese dramas and movies, but I thought this might interest some of you. 

The NFAJ (National Film Archive of Japan) has recently launched a website (Film IS a Document) featuring many silent films (mostly documentaries I think) from the first part of XXth century.

The website is only in Japanese for now but we can hope they'll translate it as they've done for the Japanese Animated Film Classics in the past. 

Here is the link for the film website : https://filmisadocument.jp/

My apologies if the news has already been mentioned, and let me know if you think there's a better forum for this post.

Nice I like it thanks sumi

SumiTheCat:

Hello fellow dorama fans!

This post is not totally related to Japanese dramas and movies, but I thought this might interest some of you. 

The NFAJ (National Film Archive of Japan) has recently launched a website (Film IS a Document) featuring many silent films (mostly documentaries I think) from the first part of XXth century.

The website is only in Japanese for now but we can hope they'll translate it as they've done for the Japanese Animated Film Classics in the past. 

Here is the link for the film website : https://filmisadocument.jp/

My apologies if the news has already been mentioned, and let me know if you think there's a better forum for this post.

Made a few simple banners :)

Rien:
Made a few simple banners :)

Thank you. These are all fantastic!

I would like to join, please :)

I cannot make banners etc, but I hope I can actively contribute in discussions about shows and movies.

Off to watch Watashi no oyome-kun ep 4 to start the day off right :D

Thyella:

I would like to join, please :)

I cannot make banners etc, but I hope I can actively contribute in discussions about shows and movies.

Off to watch Watashi no oyome-kun ep 4 to start the day off right :D

Then welcome to the club!

Feel free to post your thoughts or whatever you want about Jdramas/Jmovies.