punk pop JUDY AND MARY 1996 single そばかす (Sobakasu/Freckles) - they also recorded an English version for western audiences. Both versions used as the  opening theme for SamuraiX (Rurouni Kenshin).

It's here Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Season 2 ED
Yuzurenai (ゆずれない)  by Chiai Fujikawa

PLASTIC LOVE - Mariya Takeuchi

This iconic song, which heavily influenced the genre CITY POP,  got it's official music video 4 months ago,  40 years after it's release! Someone in the YT comments wrote : "This was one of the first songs released by Mariya Takeuchi after her return from her hiatus. During her absence, she worked on making a demo tape with the equipment she had at home.
When she played her completed song to her husband, Tatsuro Yamashita, he was surprised to hear that she could create such a high quality work by herself."

Director Kyotaro Hayashi Comments (The original text in Japanese is in the description):
In this year of REIWA period, this masterpiece, which has never been lost in the wave of times, has been released to the world once again. It was a great honor for me to be involved in this as a director.
We worked together to create this film with respect for the era in which this song was born, and also with the interpretation of our generation. I hope you enjoy it.

^ This music video was appearing on my Youtube homepage often. I listened to it and wondered why they tried to make it like those 80-90s pop songs, but the old pop genre isn't exactly my type so I didn't look further. Well now I know, also learned the new term CITY POP. Great info. there

鈴木愛理-『真夜中のメリーゴーランド』Airi Susuki - Midnight Merry-Go-Round

This song/MV (released 2020) has a similar vibe.

As you can see I fell into a rabbit hole (... or should i say PLASTIC HOLE?)

This is the husband of Mariya Takeuchi, Tatsuro Yamashita (Active since the 1970s, Yamashita is considered an important contributor to Japanese music, ranked by HMV Japan as sixth in the Top 100 Japanese Artists) and his Coke Commercial [1979]

Here is the full "Coca Cola" song: 山下達郎コカコーラ '79

Journalist:

As you can see I fell into a rabbit hole (... or should i say PLASTIC HOLE?)

This is the husband of Mariya Takeuchi, Tatsuro Yamashita (Active since the 1970s, Yamashita is considered an important contributor to Japanese music, ranked by HMV Japan as sixth in the Top 100 Japanese Artists) and his Coke Commercial [1979]

Here is the full "Coca Cola" song: 山下達郎コカコーラ '79

This Tatsuro Yamashita right? >> https://mydramalist.com/profile/lordcrystas/feeds/rZxg0I5
This is my post from last year, just before x-mas. I'll say Tetsuro Yamashita's one of the most iconic songs if not the most. I went on watching all the possible CM of X-mas express with this song. I went on watching all the possible CM of X-mas express with this song.

Le chant de roma - composed by Iwasaki Taku

OG from  Akame ga kill

コタニキンヤ | Kotani Kinya 「Glaring Dream」(Live Version)

Journalist:

コタニキンヤ | Kotani Kinya 「Glaring Dream」(Live Version)

thanks Journalist - me too :D right now.

Wish Upon A Star:

Forever

Sorimachi Takashi and waifu Hirosue Ryoko!! From Beach Boys, right?