Why continue with this pointless conversation? Neither side is willing to be persuaded, so all it will do is lead to frustration.

I actually just saw the post, never joined the discussion but i couldn't stop myself from stating my opinion on that comment

Lotus Eater:

No.
I see Fan Xian's point so far.
To him, all human lives are equal. He wants basic fundamental rights for each citizen.

I criticize because upto now FX fails to realize i) its okay to have "ideals" but ii) he lacks "power" to establish his "ideal" world

Firstly, this is fiction. You're going a little too deep into this.

Secondly, Fan Xian just wanted to live a peaceful life, but everytime he had to see others suffering an injustice, he wanted to take revenge. Now, forget about eating chicken, is he supposed to go take revenge on the man who killed that chicken and hence made its mother sad? You understand how ridiculous that is, right?

I'm a vegetarian myself. But I do not find myself agreeing with you. Fan Xian never believed that he was the only person who could uphold justice. He just could not stand to see the people he loved suffering. 

Period_addict:

Why continue with this pointless conversation? Neither side is willing to be persuaded, so all it will do is lead to frustration.

This is actually not frustrating. It made me laugh very hard. It's like the vegan vs non vegetarian debate, but at the wrong place. You cannot expect a fictional character to not have their minor flaws lol

Please go out and touch some grass🤣🤣🤣🤣

Multiverse:

We do so because there something exists in nature since the beginning and it is called “survival”.

I would kill the tiger because I would like to survive.

and law would not punish me also because, it would fall under  “ I  was trying to defend myself and which is my right“

( I am not talking anything about the drama JOL)

Pui !
What makes you think a human life is more precious than a tiger's life?

Law ? What law ? Law made by your distant human uncles to protect yourself ?

Be honest and say you want to live and don't care about the tiger's life/death.

Lotus Eater:

Pui !
What makes you think a human life is more precious than a tiger's life?

Law ? What law ? Law made by your distant human uncles to protect yourself ?

Be honest and say you want to live and don't care about the tiger's life/death.

Who said a human's life is more precious than a tigers? it seems you do not understand what survival is , both a human and a tiger would like to survive and, in a situation, where one of them would die to the other, both of them would be willing to kill for a lot of things. in survival both are equal whoever wins 

Lotus Eater:
Cow , sheep , goat have memories and intelligence too, although inferior to humanity.

If you don't protest eating meat, what right you have to talk about "justice" ?

These cows, goats, sheep , chicken you eat, they had families too. Yet your local butcher tied them up, put a knife in their throats, bled them dry and hanged their organs and meat. You go supermarket and buy them, make Youtube videos about how to cook meat.
But when an Emperor kills a troublesome servant, Fan Xian loses his sanity.

Joy of Life is a top level Cdrama , I love it, especially its political clashes.

I wish the author Mao Ni ( I guess) made Fan Xian into a practical young man.

Its totally OKAY for Fan Xian to have moral perspectives by his own style. But I wish he believed that without "power" he can't change sheet.
I hate the hypocirsy in FX, not FX himself.

He has never ever seen his mother, but he talks big about establishing a little bit of his mom's ideal world.

When I saw the title of the discussion I thought you had some serious insight about Fan Xian's character but when I saw this I couldn't stop laughing . 😂🤣🤣. 

Fan Xian is a human , if you watched the drama ,he admit that several times both in season 1 & 2 . Humans are not perfect. Fan Xian is trying his best to live a happy life so the title of the drama is joy of life, if you want to see a perfect character go watch Indian tv series like Buddha , Ramayana or a Hollywood movie about Jesus

Lotus Eater:

Why would you shoot a hungry tiger if it wants to eat you? Do you deny Budha and believe you as a human, are superior , therefore, tiger's hunger is lesser than yours ?

If all life is equal, we shouldn't stop carnivore animals when they try to eat us. 

Since you even mentioned Buddha, here's another saying of Buddha - "sabbe kuthakjana unmattaka" , it translates to -  all beings(except who attained nirvana) are hypocrites 

Lotus Eater:
Why would you shoot a hungry tiger if it wants to eat you? Do you deny Budha and believe you as a human, are superior , therefore, tiger's hunger is lesser than yours ?

I have not watched this drama but happened to stumble on this thread.

Yes, yes I would definitely shoot a hungry tiger if it wants to eat me tf are you talking about 😭 

People discussing non-sense things be like. LMAO

Are you fr ;-;