In the second season, Yan Bing Yun will have a much more significant role, it would be a shame if XZ didn’t take on the role. His presence would only make the sequel more popular.

I pretty sure XZ understand the important role as Yan BingYun and hope he'll make a wise decision. If ego is taking most of decision, he'd probably not participate with it. Love Zhang RuoYun here while I don't like so much of his dramas , but he's magnifying Fang Xian so accurately, love him with Hai Tang Duo Duo - they're perfect.  I also love Wang Qi Nian...oh boy can't wait!!!

To those in the US that are not able to locate wetv/tencent this is how i do it. i go to https://wetv.vip/ the way i pay for it is from a wetvip app on my phone(go figure). I cant pay for it via my pc but it lets me pay via phone subscription  from the app store. I then log into the computer and watch it till i pass out each night. Although I really really like XZ in this the one that cant be replaced is ZRY.  As for his agents, if they really think on it even as a co-star this role is going to mega boost his ratings. So dont lose hope until it they say it is hopeless. If you look at all the platforms that did Joy of Life season 1 you will know that it makes good business sense to be connected to this series no matter the role

Xtinew:

I pretty sure XZ understand the important role as Yan BingYun and hope he'll make a wise decision. If ego is taking most of decision, he'd probably not participate with it. Love Zhang RuoYun here while I don't like so much of his dramas , but he's magnifying Fang Xian so accurately, love him with Hai Tang Duo Duo - they're perfect.  I also love Wang Qi Nian...oh boy can't wait!!!

I agree !!! XZ would be icing on the cake but I think if he is replaced it wouldn't be the end of the world at this point. It still makes me sad though. The ensemble will hopefully make up for it.

ldwmonkey:

To those in the US that are not able to locate wetv/tencent this is how i do it. i go to https://wetv.vip/ the way i pay for it is from a wetvip app on my phone(go figure). I cant pay for it via my pc but it lets me pay via phone subscription  from the app store. I then log into the computer and watch it till i pass out each night. Although I really really like XZ in this the one that cant be replaced is ZRY.  As for his agents, if they really think on it even as a co-star this role is going to mega boost his ratings. So dont lose hope until it they say it is hopeless. If you look at all the platforms that did Joy of Life season 1 you will know that it makes good business sense to be connected to this series no matter the role

I agree, XZ played a minor role in the first season. Would be a shame to replace him but a new actor can be brought in for the new season without disrupting the feel. ZRY shouldn't be replaced, his portrayal of Fan Xian is impeccable.

I do hope joy of life season 2 will release along an XZ drama ( if he avoid JOL2) and crush it to show what he has missed in his acting career.  Pity how many actors start to chase wealth once they earn a name rather than chasing quality and name.

Edit : I do like XZ but I am against his decision if he and his management choose to opt out of the project. 

Just to add to everybody's wish - I hope XZ comes back in season 2 as well and I can't wait for this sequel. Come on people what's the hold up :D

XZ only makes very little since he was consider an extra only for JOL season 1. They used him to market this drama.  If you check you tube, they put his name together with ZRY and Li Qin. I don't think he should come back for season 2.  He went thru hell ( cyberbully ) for one year after the ending of JOL 1.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the drama ending. 

Well I watched this drama not because of XZ as I don't even know him.  I watched this show because of its storyline and of course loved every casts that were in it as the story progressed.  

According to the book, Yan BingYun will have important role in Fan Xian's work so his appearance is more crucial and frequent than JOL 1, don't know about the drama  though, whoever taking over Xiao Zhan role as Yan BingYun - he would have full plate to fill - that person will be on the 'critical watch list' for us fans. I think the production team understand that, Xiao Zhan know that too - for him not coming back to JOL 2/3 will be his slippery slope in whatever his next dramas. If he's in 'flop' drama, he'll be criticized for not taking an establish role like BingYun Or more speculation around as JOL 2/3 would be better with Xiao Zhan in it. The production team obviously would know the discussion between the fans will be focusing on Xiao Zhan and Zhang Ruo Yun.  A fan like me is NOT just loving JOL but also Xiao Zhan so I want the whole package. 

There are a lot of rumors that other main stars may not come back ( Li Qin and Tommy Tong ). Why not talk about them.? Why keep talking about Xiao Zhan ?  You guys keep mentioning that his role is minor and he can be replace.  Xiao Zhan did very well with the Untamed, the Wolf and the Doulou Continent. He does not really need JOL 2.  He only makes $500 ( rumor ) on JOL 1 and he lost millions in endorsement in 2020 for all the backlash he got from JOL1.  

If XZ didn't consider JOL important, why did he include JOL (21st billed) in his Weibo description? Why didn't he include Super Star Academy (1st billed), Oh My Emperor (3rd billed), Jade Dynasty (1st billed), or Douluo Continent (1st billed)? 

Nowadays you can't even criticize an actor's acting. Fans will call it "cyberbullying" and "backlash" lol

Xiao Zhan does not have a weibo account. He cancelled it because of anti-fan. He has no anti-fan before JOL1. After JOL1, he has to cancelled his weibo account. That must be a fake one. 

tigermom:

Xiao Zhan does not have a weibo account. He cancelled it because of anti-fan. He has no anti-fan before JOL1. After JOL1, he has to cancelled his weibo account. That must be a fake one. 

It is his real account lmao

Weibo verified it and his own studio interacts with it. Do you have any source to prove that he deactivated his Weibo account?