Shame he was probably my favorite character. The way he was portrayed was brilliant. At least it seems we will have a second season. Thank you so much for all the hopeful details

I can't lie, I'm really upset about the news regarding chen daoming. He was the best actor in this cast full of talented actors, in my opinion...and his performance really left a huge impression on me. Idk whether I'll be able to accept somebody else as the emperor. But I truly do adore this show, so I will continue to wish for the best. On the good side, I like that ZRY still remains faithful to this project. I hope he continues to do that. Cus he is my last straw. Anyways thx for the update! 

achuland:

Thank you sjadvocate , for the update. It is sad for Chen Dao Ming, he was wonderful as the emperor, I really hope they will find someone as great as him. 

Thanks for sharing it and about ZRY, he is truly amazing and one of my favorite one's since JOL. 

Yes, thank you sjadvocate for the updates.   It's disappointing to know Chen Dao Ming won't the continuing with JOL2.  I hope he changes his mind!

Assistant Director of JOL says on his account/social media: .”This time [JOL2] is really coming” and hash tagged “JOL production company official announcement.” 

I really hope this is true. Below is screenshoot of him saying this:

https://img9.doubanio.com/view/richtext/large/public/p448460218.jpg

The link says "Access to img9.doubanio.com was denied"

But thanks for the info!! This is awesome!

damasco:

Shame he was probably my favorite character. The way he was portrayed was brilliant. At least it seems we will have a second season. Thank you so much for all the hopeful details

Me too! But at the very least we're getting a season 2! Because of the quality of cast I'm sure we'll get a good King ?? but Chen Dao's King ahard stares is going to be hard to replicate and replace. 

I think I am more disappointed that Uncle Wang's actor won't be in JOL 2 from what I read somewhere I loved Uncle Wang :(

I agree with Illen, it will be difficult to replicate Chen Dao Ming's stares, facial expressions and manner of speaking...he really showed the air of a ruler and blended it with a "cool guy character".

Erin:

I think I am more disappointed that Uncle Wang's actor won't be in JOL 2 from what I read somewhere I loved Uncle Wang :(

I didn’t see/hear any news saying Uncle Wang will not be in JOL so it is likely to be a rumor instead of fact. Can you provide a link to where you saw this? Thanks.

sjadvocate:

I didn’t see/hear any news saying Uncle Wang will not be in JOL so it is likely to be a rumor instead of fact. Can you provide a link to where you saw this? Thanks.

Sorry I tried to go back and see where I found it but I couldn't find anything I don't even remember where I read it it as it was quite some time ago.

Hi everyone. Haven’t posted for a while so wanted to write something. I know there are tons of rumors out there right now on Chinese websites of who will be in JOL2 and when will filming start. Right now, the only official confirmed actor is our ML. Don’t want to over speculate who will be in it until something official from the production company comes out or we hear from the actor/actress themselves. Like actor who plays Chen Ping Ping wrote he will be in it when a fan directly asked him. Actress who plays Princess Lee Yun Rui and actress who plays Fan Ruo Ruo will also most likely be in it cause they have been providing updates on status of JOL2 preparations all this this and wouldn’t have access to this information (or actually be interested in sharing) if they were not in it. This is especially true for Song Yi who plays Fan Ruo Ruo since she already told fans she left her availability open for JOL2. 

I know there are also rumors that Chen Daoming…actor who plays our emperor will be in JOL2. As much as I would love for this to be true, the rumor that Chen Daoming will be returning is most likely false because when asked for proof the original poster did not respond and actually left the conversation. We also never heard from the actor himself refute the claim he won’t be in JOL2 after his assistant share he won’t be in it so chances are he won’t be in it. But we won’t know for sure until production company confirms the cast for JOL2 and JOL3 which will be filmed together. 

In regards to when filming will start, there has not been any official announcement yet by the production team so until there is I won’t try to predict when it will happen cause that just adds to the disappointment if it doesn’t happen by that time. I personally don’t think we will know for sure because even our ML has been  lied to for the longest time on when filming will start so any rumors out there are all rumors until something more official comes out. 

Lastly, I know JOL2 comments section people are asking when JOL2 will air. Given filming has not started yet no one really know when it will air but we know given JOL2 and JOL3 will be filmed together it will take at least 1 year and even 1.5 years to film (JOL1 took 7 to 8 months to film alone). Thus, filming won’t finish until 2024 and then if you factor in time for post production and approval by censorship bureau (which won’t be fast given all the conflicts the plot of this drama has with censorship rules which might require further edits and cuts), earliest it willl happen is 2025 but most likely we are looking at 2026. Wanted to put this out there so we are all on the same page.

Thank you for the update but Honestly this makes me so sad ?.  

Thank you for the update. Make sense, I think the frustration also coming from the actors and production team because things has been delayed for the longest time. 2025 is another full 2 years and 10 months to go...

Are we that patience waiting or we move on to something else going on...by the year of 2025 we might have lost the excitement.

Thanks for letting us know. The wait has been crazy and it seems to  still be  a far away hope.

Erin:

Thank you for the update but Honestly this makes me so sad ?.  

I know it is sad given we all have waited so long and I don’t like to be the messenger of bad news. But I really am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Hope along the way I am proven wrong somehow.