Hello, everyone.
Thank you for sharing your opinions and thoughts about movies/dramas and actors/actresses here. I have learnt so much by reading your lists and articles.
Do you watch because you want to enjoy a good story, or do you watch because the actor/actress in there is an eye candy factor for you?
I made my list for Korean male actors I watch: https://mydramalist.com/list/l4jMNAP3. Even though if the story is not the best, I would still be able to find the time to finish them :)
What do you think?

I personally start watching a drama because of a story, I've never started watching a movie/drama because of a certain actor/actress, but many times a certain actor/actress helped me into making a decision if I should watch it or not (if the plot doesn't sound that interesting for example), but even then It's not just because they're eye candy but also and mostly because I think they're good actors/actresses (an eye-candy yet not memorable actor is not eye-candy to me). 

For me, it's almost completely about the characters and stories. Eye candy doesn't hurt, and I am conscious of the attractiveness of the actors. But as is the case with domestic television/movies - nearly all of the main characters are going to be played by exceptionally beautiful people. It's not as if that is unusual. lol Almost any drama is going to feature attractive actors. A good plot and interesting characters are what make shows worth watching. A great OST helps, too. :D

If I didn't know the actor in the first place then there is no way I'm watching it because they are eye candy. I only consider dramas when I'm familiar with the actor (which are attractive, not gonna lie) after they impressed me OR I've liked a role they played before. But they usually don't last more than a few months... 

It's what I call eye candy but not my style. This is me with 90% of the actors.

Usually I choose b/c of the storyline but if it is a show with  multiple versions ie Korean, Chinese, Tai etc then I choose based off of who is the more attractive male lead.

If I could, both but I say story. Watching a drama just for eye candy could be boring af!

I usually go for story, but not gonna lie, there are a few actors/actresses out there that I will automatically watch something if I find out they're in it (not, technically eye candy, but sort of).  Lee Seung Gi, Oguri Shun,  Kim Tae Hee, Oh Ji Ho, and Lee Young Ah.   If I see any of them in a cast list for a show, Im pretty much certain to watch it regardless.

I feel like a shallow person now y'all. 

Hmm, for me it's a mix of both. I've discovered a lot of new genres because of "eýecandies", and I've discovered a lot of eyecandies while choosing a drama because of the story! 

I tend to search up more dramas where the "eyecandy" has starred in right after I finish a drama and I can dive right into it without reading the synopsis at all and then drop it if I don't like it.

AhRa:

I feel like a shallow person now y'all. 

it is more bearable if the main role is worth watching ;) I always go for the actor and then do as Kaiweii - drop it if the story is too boring.

I mainly watch something for the plot, why bother watching something horrible just because of one or two good looking actors? 

Kanha:

I mainly watch something for the plot, why bother watching something horrible just because of one or two good looking actors? 

Kanha, that is true. I tried to watch "The General and I" (Cdrama) or "The Heirs", but it was not possible after ep. 3 - I was not interested at all. I have to admit I'm no fan of the main leads, maybe that is why.

NiandNa:

Kanha, that is true. I tried to watch "The General and I" (Cdrama) or "The Heirs", but it was not possible after ep. 3 - I was not interested at all. I have to admit I'm no fan of the main leads, maybe that is why.

Ahh I've had situations like that too, sometimes I really can't finish a drama because I can't come to like the lead actor/actress even though the story is good.

NiandNa:

Of course the actors are very important too, it´s not easy spending hours watching  an actor that shows no appeal to you.  It would be too much of a waste of time watching a drama with a boring plot and actors that doesn´t even capture your interest.