I usually follow the show Hello Counselor on KBS worlds youtube channel. This week  Kang Gyunseong, Lee Sanggon, Lee Honggi & Mir were guests and I got so mad at how they handled the last concern about the uncle the likes men and how the were all "its not what we think, right?". I felt so sad about that what is your thoughts about Hello Counselor do you think they are able to help anyone or is it solely for entertainment?  

Its the last concern 

Hi Malin, 
Actually I never heard of this show, but as soon as I finish my finals I'll give it a try thanks to you.
I think if the point is about people reaction about finding out someone is gay, don't get too upset. It's probably a way to show people that being gay is fine, especially in a very traditional country. Other people might not have had an opinion before, but after watching this they might have your same reaction and feel mad that someone should be treated so poorly for being gay.
Hi Malin, 
Actually I never heard of this show, but as soon as I finish my finals I'll give it a try thanks to you.
I think if the point is about people reaction about finding out someone is gay, don't get too upset. It's probably a way to show people that being gay is fine, especially in a very traditional country. Other people might not have had an opinion before, but after watching this they might have your same reaction and feel mad that someone should be treated so poorly for being gay.
Me too Malin I'm so glad you mentioned this especially the way they keep reiterating the idea  of a 'real man' is someone who should be macho and such it angered me when yronja asks him 'if he was?' and that 'it couldn't be? ' the only one who seems to be any way accepting of homosexuality among them all is dongyeop.japan and China are quite accepting but Korea is still so homophobic it's sad ????
I feel like most of the time (i am not talking about last concern) people who came to show need serious psychological help but instead of recognizing the problem,show deals them as quirks or simple obsessions.It is a variety show after all and i think they are more concerned about the fun part instead of helping people
Oh, Korea, everyday in your life is like an episode from Mad Men

@blg, I get the feeling that Korean society generally looks at psychological problems as some sort of taboo and tend to shrug it off .
@blg I feel that way too. Concerns about alcoholism gets turned into a debet over how much they can take before they are drunk and concerns about people getting bullied in school gets turned into a debet over if its not the victims fault and that he/she should change personalty to get accepted. On the other hand concerns about a mom that is to busy with work that she don't have time to cook gets everyone in the studio aggravated. 
I was shocked by that.    
Ya some of the stories dealing with women being treated harshly by men are less criticised than the other way around and at the end of it most of the problems aren't solved the people don't change so what's the point! I mostly watch it for shin dongyeop cause he seems to be the most accepting and understanding to me 
This is exploitative, and Korea is stuck at least 100 years in the past with their attitudes towards mental health concerns.