didn’t get the hype over CLOY either dropped it halfway, too boring for me except maybe for that one scene at the end of ep 6? I found DOTS storyline more fun to watch. That screenwriter’s dramas are a hit or miss for me I thought MLFAS was overrated too but I enjoyed LOTBS a lot until that last ep with the unnecessary melodrama when they could’ve just ended it with a happy reunion party with all the characters. 

Eulachacha Waikiki  Season 2 is better than Season 1!

I belong to the minority here where I actually did not enjoy Season 1 and really avoided Season 2 based on that, but as it turned out that Season 2 was better. I felt that the 2nd season was more balanced in terms of comedy and emotion and that all characters had their time to shine, were likeable and no one felt underdeveloped. I will admit it was a slow start, but soon enough the characters warm up to you and you feel for them! 

In season 1 I really found the jokes kind of dumb, cringy, stupid and all over the place! Season 2 although it had some dumb, silly, slapstick type of jokes (and most of them repeated from Season 1), they weren’t as many and therefore did not make the show overwhelming and uncomfortable to watch.

The 2nd season had some great balance between comedy and some emotional scenes that made the characters feel more human and not cartoony like, like in season 1! At first you felt that some characters were left behind and not given enough time but as the show progresses everyone takes centre stage thus making all the characters more developed and more well-rounded than Season 1 characters.  

to each their own I guess, but I wish I could unsee S2 of that drama - I was bored because it felt too slice of life for me and barely laughed at all during the entire drama. I hated that the writer broke Jun Ki and Seo Jin my favourite couple. It doesn't make sense to me since they were so lovey dovey and they even tried to get back together in the last episode too they could've been in a long distance relationship, him ending up with the new girl at the ending who they had no romantic scenes/chemistry with.  

Humor might be subjective but it felt more forced in S2 like it was trying too hard to make us laugh and re-hash of S1 jokes like another reviewer doki doki stated which I agree with their entire review. That scene of Jun Ki farting in front of someone else's face was so forced/dumb not even a 5 year old would do that, plus downgrading his character back to where he started felt repetitive it could've showed him being more successful during S2. The moment they had that sheep episode I knew what was going to happen later. The original cast had better chemistry/bromance together that I even remember their visuals more than S2 cast who was too ordinary, I loved their bickering and Kim Jung Hyun had this resting bitch face during the drama that I found unintentionally funny, plus with the baby Sol who added onto that EW vibe. The over the top humor was what made EW unique/stand out from other comedies (the main factor I was looking for in the drama but felt lazily written in that department) otherwise S2 just felt like some ordinary SOL drama with humor in it, which you could find in other usual dramas. EW S1 did have some cringe moments like dripping snot into someone's mouth (or was that 2?) but it definitely had a lot more memorable scenes than S2. Jun Ki shaving Chewbacca's facial hair was one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a k-drama. 

now Zombie Detective was my favourite comedy that EW2 could've learned from, it actually felt original even though the FL was kinda annoying at first. CJH was so fun to watch and hot as a zombie with those contact lenses. Unpopular opinion I actually enjoyed it more than Mr. Queen which I couldn't get into the hype over it, even Vincenzo humor felt forced/cringy sometimes. It could've been slick if it had more of beginning ep 1 vibes, I find it amusing watching foreign actors in k-dramas they are unintentionally funny for me, that transition into showing the FL holding the cake was just awkward ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) the drama had some good moments here and there and I loved SJK too but there were a lot of boring eps as well, the episode time length made it even more draggy for me which is why I don't like 1hr 50min lakorns

Sukai:

Another unpopular opinion: (or maybe not-so-unpopular)

Those childhood flashback connections where the FL came across with the ML during their childhood days should stop. It is so cringey and unnecessary. They just keep on repeating the same scenario for over a decade now. 

I was watching a drama and the premise was so interesting and I was really into it then they threw in that trope and my interest literally went out the window. When I tell you I am sick and tired of it... I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT!! It's such lazy writing and quite frankly a slap to the face of the audience.

I think childhood friends romance is kinda sweet though :3 

ShotaSidePart:

I was watching a drama and the premise was so interesting and I was really into it then they threw in that trope and my interest literally went out the window. When I tell you I am sick and tired of it... I AM SICK AND TIRED OF IT!! It's such lazy writing and quite frankly a slap to the face of the audience.

what drama is that? lol

Sunset:

I think childhood friends romance is kinda sweet though :3 

what drama is that? lol

It's sweet the first couple of dramas you see but then it gets tired REAL quick

The drama is My Holo Love

ShotaSidePart:

It's sweet the first couple of dramas you see but then it gets tired REAL quick

The drama is My Holo Love

oh I heard of that. I don't really like the FL actress (unpopular opinion) so I didn't watch it. 

South Korea must be a small world xD

The last time I remember one was in Devilish Joy  their childhood scene only showed up near the end of the drama, revealed that he saved her when she was a kid that's why she was scared of water.. I think it kinda made sense there, even though they could've just met as adults but I didn't mind it since I loved their chemistry. I want to re-watch that drama someday T_T I'm still pissed that all of the instrumental BGM in the drama was so beautiful/nostalgic but they never released any of them! I even made edited unreleased music of those and uploaded them on YT just to listen to those tracks. 

I wasn't able to understand the hype for Happiness, the first ep was lowkey boring and I slept through almost three quarters of the second ep. And now it peacefully resides in my dropped list.

justanotherrey:

I wasn't able to understand the hype for Happiness, the first ep was lowkey boring and I slept through almost three quarters of the second ep. And now it peacefully resides in my dropped list. 

Me neither. It's more of #Alive vibes than the constant chasing scenes like in Train to Busan or Kingdom (which I find more exciting). As I quote from another user: "It's basically a slice of life, with zombies in it." lol https://mydramalist.com/690709-happiness#comment-8040931  

(I find slice of life boring btw. Unpopular opinion I guess.)  

Makjang > Slice of life. I don't know why but I find villains unintentionally funny to watch than good guys especially with A Hundred Year's Inheritance, the antagonist family was hilarious while I felt like skipping the "good" family parts sometimes. 

I got bored of Love Twist fast so I am passing this one and will wait for the next makjang daily drama to air after that one. That timeslot was supposed to be for revenge dramas but I have no idea why they aired some random SOL show there (and the screenwriter wrote A Place in the Sun which I found boring). But if taking a break will give writers a chance to write more exciting dailies than the previous 2 then I'll wait for it. Red Shoes was so-so, but Miss Montecristo sucked from beginning to end. 

Finally, I have found somewhere to vent my frustration. I am tired, so tired of the leads falling in love and then something catastrophic happens to break them up. I can not stand the OMG they kissed me and I’m so shocked I can’t close my eyes (that is creepy AF). I hate the not so happily ever afters, they really didn’t have to die for that. These catty or just plain ole crazy/ obsessed characters that can’t let go of the Ml or the FL and are always causing trouble until they get caught and then act like they are so surprised when somebody wants to chop off their head. I’m really tired of the ML and FL being so benevolent and forgiving  when you know good and well them people are still crazy and are gonna come back to try and hurt you again (which they always do). I love historical dramas, have since I was a kid but they are so repetitive now like no one has any ideas for a new story line, they just keep riding off the coat tales of their predecessors repeating the same story lines and tropes.

So may dramas I’ve dropped that people are praising  for all of the afore mentioned reasons. 

And I will definitely have to say I agree with most people some of these dramas have been drawn out way too long. Long does not mean good.  We did not need 48 episodes of him chasing her and her trying to fight how she really feels. Even some of the scenes in each episode are just drawn out ridiculously. It doesn’t take 10 minutes to watch somebody cry because they are sad or to have a flashback. I find myself skipping ALOT. 

Thank you for reading my rant…carry on. 

Idk if this is an unpopular opinion, but I’m not a fan of the enemies-to-lovers trope. I’d much rather watch a drama where there’s instant attraction and chemistry (a la DOTS or Strong Woman Do Bong Soon) or where the characters are friends to lovers (like Fight For My Way).  

ShotaSidePart:

I call this "kindergarten kismet", and it is in my Top 3 "kill me now" tropes. Le sigh!

I find it superhard to look at actors/actresses who've had super obvious plastic surgery. Especially the ones who have a shaved jaw. It's super weird to see a person whose neck is wider than their face. 

Also can't stand mls that look like children. There is nothing wrong with having a pretty face, but I cannot see someone as a valid romantic interest when they look like teenagers. Especially if the character he is supposed to play is an adult with some amount of influence.

Also also, in dramas that people complain about the fl being annoying or badly written. 99% of the time the ml is also terribly written, but people don't see it because they're attracted to him lol. 

@Tova I usually notice plastic surgery more easily in women, I find it distracting when the FL has a nose that looks like their nostrils are pinched in. For example Park Min Young. She is pretty NGL but what a contrast her old high school pic was. 

Then there's some minor actresses I noticed like Yoon Ji Won (her nose looked bad in The Game: Towards Zero) Kim Min Young (Uncontrollably Fond) her pointed nose does not match her round face, and Lee Sook (Red Shoes) no one will know what I'm talking about since this is some obscure 100 ep daily drama less people watch. But I found her quite unattractive in that drama I couldn't avoid looking at her, no offense. 

I love The One And Only right now, but the way the ML lead talks irks me. Its low, almost like a whisper, and i feel like he's barely getting the words out. Idk if its supposed to come off as smooth and mysterious, but rn i just want to tell the boy to speak up bc the vibrations in his vocal cords are louder than his words