Annyeong everyone :) !
Recently I noticed something changing in Korean dramas, and I wanted to exchange with you about it.
It's gonna be hard to explain but let's go. I don't know if you feel the same way but, for the latest dramas I've watched, well.. I'm not satisfied, it's like they all do the same thing. Let me explain. Since korean dramas are now popular I like it how they have new ideas and amazing plots BUT everytime it begins SOOO well, I'm like super excited but once I reach the 8th, 9th or 10th episode the story become boring as the characters already kissed and they know they love each other. I mean, okay, sweet and perfect love is sweet but I prefered before when lead characters had a hard time before knowing they love each other. I don't know if you noticed also but the 2nd leads do not disturb that much the 1st leads' love story. 
NOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU BETTER GO BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING PART MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.
I want to illustrate with dramas example :
If you have completed "Doctors" then you can read that : I only watched until episode 6 and got bored because there's nothing disturbing the story and the guy already says he wants to date the girl.
Also, in "Descendants of the sun" : the leads date at the begining already...
Even if I loved this drama, "She was pretty" was super cool until the directors didn't know what to do anymore...
Well I am the only one thinking that way ? Tell me what you think about it ;)
I can't comment much about recent dramas, last 2-3 years, b/c i took a break from K-dramas and just returned to watch SH:Ryeo!
I understand and agree w/ some of the things you mention...

--- Formulas/Cliches: I can't comment about the boring love, or weaker 2nd lead ... But, I can tell you that I left K-dramas b/c I got tired of the cliches, the formula writing, the over-used tropes.... As a fan of romance, I especially felt unsatisfied w/ the overly idealized love, especially the nonsense about some ridiculous obsession w/ a 1st love from childhood.... and the lack of realistic passion.

---  Recent changes: While oh hiatus, I heard great things about Secret, KMHM, Secret Love Affair, Bad Guys, Incomplete Life, Signal and Six-Flying Dragons ... I still haven't seen them, but I noticed that there seems to be more originality, more venturing outside comfort Zone of formulas, trying sensitive subject matters....
Upon my return, watching SH:Ryeo, I was immediately reminded why I left K-dramas... the shallow sentimentality, the vanity ,and the obsession w/ choco abs and plastic surgery.... Not to mention the cliches, i.e.  the poor girl running from debt collectors or  the clumsy, childish yet cheerful heroine, etc...etc...

But, I was also reminded why K-dramas are so popular, something about their formulas has universal appeal ...  Due to that success, producers play it safe and replay the formulas to ensure popularity .... 

--- The System: idk what happened to the shows you mention, but I can tell you that S.Korea has a system where they shoot about 3-4 episodes before drama goes on air, and continue filming as the drama airs... Sometimes, scripts are not yet completed, often they undergo changes as more episodes air ... and sometimes, there is a change in the lead b/c fans prefer the 2nd lead actor (Queen of reversals, Empress Ki, etc..) ... Empress Ki is a perfect example of how a perfect script (up to Ep23) underwent change and plot became a bit chaotic, lowered quality....
Recently, there have been many complaints about this production method and how the industry treats its workers... So it is undergoing change... SH:Ryeo for example, is pre-produced.

---  Romance and Passion: Now, as to the boring or love w/out excitement, I much prefer the way the Chinese do romance... They keep the Romanticized Idealism of true Love, but without the formulas and cliches, and they combine it w/ the realism of J-doramas, without the stark pessimism.... Although idealized, romance develops in a more natural way, the lovers get to know each other's personalities, and they compliment each other, fulfill the other's needs.... More importantly, passion is portrayed more realistically, w/ real kisses, and acknowledgement of existing desire, that is often absent in K-dramas..... This may have to do w/ the very conservative K-society, although it is not the reality of the existing contemporary S.K. .... China is less prude.
Also, the hero is not always idealized as  pure, he is more complex, w/ a darker side, or a more realistic anti-hero ... That said, C-dramas have some of the most amazing male lead characters, that every woman dreams of ... They are idealized yet realistic enough to believe they can exist in RL.

I am not saying that C-dramas are not formula or don't have cliches, or don't have problems...  I am saying there are themes, tropes, and subjects not found in K-dramas... and a lot more passion....  So if you want exciting romance, try C-dramas.

--- O.C. I speak in general terms, and my top favorite Dramas are K-dramas ... as I said, there is a reason they are popular.

Hi ;)
I understand why you got bored of Korean dramas, the cliches are cool once but after watching it over and over again... Also the leads who have the same personnality traits in every dramas (silly girl, rich guy..).

I also forget to mention that I must not be the only one to see the change in Korean Dramas because when I see the rating, firsts episodes are really high rated (because people are excited by the story) and at the end it slowly lowered.

I noticed the growing popularity of Chinese dramas, and I watched some whereas I kind of felt devoted to Korean dramas. But I actually enjoyed C-dramas and I can see what you describe in them. But since I haven't watch a lot of them and you seem to know better then me, could you recommend me some chinese dramas that you liked ? 

Thank you for your answer, I'm glad you took it seriously.
I agree with you girl!
@KWorldLovers ...  Thank you, and  I am glad you started this thread.... As I said, K-dramas usually change direction or loose it in 2nd half, most likely due to their filming systems w/ script writers still writing an episode, as they are filming.

I assume u want romance? since you talk about lack of excitement and not aggressive 2nd lead:

My fave romantic C-dramas are:
--- Sound of the Desert --- very exciting passionate romance, and a strong love triangle, w/ angst and jealousy... One of my favorite Male Lead Characters ever, Wu Ji ... The actor is not very handsome, but once he starts in this role, he is irresistible... 
--- Too Late to Say I Love You ---  Very mature passionate romance .. lots of angst ... He is an anti-hero, he is not perfect... he is ambitious and can be selfish...but he also loves her unconditionally, passionately and expressed it ... This is a mature love, he is governor of N. provinces, when China was in Civil war, so he had other responsibilities to balance w/ love... He also had to be brutal as a warlord, in order to survive.

Other romances I think you will enjoy... to me, their major Flaw is a Weak Female .... But wonderful Male leads! ... Exciting angsty romance 
---  My Sunshine ---  Love/hate ... but still true love ...
--- Cruel Romance --- 
--- Cuo Dian Yuan Yang --- Love/Hate turns into ideal marriage ... Best husband.
--- Loving Never Forgetting ---  Love/hate turns real
--- Best Time --- Bickering turns to love ... 2 intelligent, fun, independent leads ... He is perfection!!! Best Male lead!! .... She has a stupid childish obsession w/ her 1st love, that does not make sense ... director/writer were confused a bit :(( ... but if you like Darcy & Lizzy bickering love, this is good!

Wuxia / Fantasy
--- Prince of Lan Ling --- real good story, strong leads, love triangle, forbidden love.

Not strong on romance but excellent:
--- Nirvana in Fire ---
--- Battle of Changsha ---
--- Disguiser --- 

--- A few that came out at end of 2015 and 2016 but I haven't watched, YET... Others rave about: Ode to Joy, Migratory Birds, Ice Fantasy, etc... 

Thank you @rainruma, I didn't know you would give me so much titles (with description ! I'm lucky) and well sorted, I'm really greatful and can't wait to watch them ! 
Hmm, rather than "Korean dramas these days are boring because they have become too formulaic", I'm guessing that the most popular Kdramas have always been formulaic (as in, having similar cliches/tropes) and you just get bored of them eventually.

Doesn't mean that the Kdrama industry never makes anything that is fresh and interesting, though I admit that they're not always easy to find. If you're willing to look beyond your preferred genre and the popular stuff, you can always find something that doesn't make you feel like tearing your hair out ;)
I also kind of wonder that, now that K-dramas are pretty much all legally subbed/streamed for a Western audience, if they're not... maybe written with that audience at least partially in mind now? Perhaps it has occurred to some of the writers that catering to the largest audience possible, which usually means being generic as possible & using lots of tropes, is the way to go in search of that sweet, sweet licensing money.
Also I think Johnson-Shampoo definitely has a point-- fans definitely appreciated everything more back when it was harder to get ahold of, both in terms of raw video and subtitles.  Forget streaming, I'm talking even pre-torrent days. Like downloading a bunch of .001-.002-.003 files and joining them to get one grainy, raw ~600MB video file because free hosting sites limited file sizes to 200MB. Ah, the good old days.

Also, you kids get off my lawn.
@kittyflumpin ... "Also, you kids get off my lawn... LMAO! ..Grumpy old man?
@rainruma-- My fandom predates streaming sites so whenever I talk about how it used to be "back in the day," I feel I need to add that phrase.
COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. Which is why I cleared My List and have started to watch Japanese dramas. 10 or 11 episodes and just 45 minutes each. Perfect! I know some think Japanese dramas are weird/sad/too realistic. But I disagree. Some are, but there are so many good ones with unique storylines! I recommend:

Date
Dear Sister
Ghostwriter
Tonbi
Mother
One Litre Of Tears
The Last Cinderella
Please Love The Useless Me
I'm Home
Mother Game
Priceless
Family's Form

And there are many more excellent Japanese dramas!
Totally agree ... last two kdramas that I've really enjoyed have been Signal (2016) and Reply 1988 from last year. Nothing else has kept my attention for more than an episode. 
:)
Even back in the day I found Kdrama was so cliche. It is hard to find something I like in Kdrama. But nowadays, it is extremely hard to find any interesting drama. Even to start something has been hard lately. I totally agree with @rainruma said. It is complicated. And given that not many audiences enjoy the tv drama these days, it is getting harder and harder to get a good one. The loyal audiences of Kdrama in Korea mostly are ahjumoni whom had to stays home all day. And they watch long series preferably. As of our favorites, which is mini series, getting neglected and neglected because the rating was not that good, even tough the share was high. To sum it up, it's been really boring. After signal earlier this year, I lost my taste :( (maybe because it was too good until everything seems bland)