Is the way the woman is portayed if they are strong and no a cry baby I'm IN! lol 
Also the plot... 

Maybe it only happens to me, but when everybody is in the wave of a drama and I start that drama that wave just drown me under the sea and I'm not interested lol. Just waiting for new dramas aka hwarang and The Legend of the Blue Sea... may the odds be in our favor hahahahahah 
I've been having the same problem and it usually leads to me forcing myself to start dramas only to put them on hold. And then I just turn back to my fave U.S. shows and rewatch them for the bajillionth time (Bones, House, Criminal Minds, etc). lol
@sleepninja that's so me HAHAH 
The problem with the dramas nowadays are so repetitive..same story, different cast. Am so tired of doctors, flight stewardess, student life, chaebol, arrogant male, poor girl...damn, can't they create one that is new and fresh for the eyes. 

I am addicted to K Dramas nowadays but am seeing the same thing all over again. I love how K Dramas are made but I think now they should step up.
Go to J-dramas ... more creative .... less romance ... good for slice-of-life or detective, crime, etc...
Also C-dramas .... Great at historicals, although getting better at modern.... women in historicals are often very smart, strong and brave .... Romance is very good usually, idealized love like K-dramas, but more realistic and natural development of the relationship.
@rainruma My problem with Chdrama is the quality, also you will watch always the same plot or content. I have a friend in china studying film as screenwriter and she always tell me, as government control all these dramas in tv so the content will be always the same... and is true! haha life is complicated even on hobbies 

@pinoydude that's true.. for example, every year or during a few months the same theme define most of dramas