Hi guys i'm debating on which I should start watching.
Have you guys watched it, what were your thoughts of any of the dramas or both?
Pros vs Cons etc.
I will watch both at some point but for now i'll start with one.
And I haven't watched any korean historical drama before. Ty for your time (:
scarlet-heart-goryeo-and-moonlight-drawn
Scarlet Heart hands down
Oh thanks for your opinion (:
How come you picked Scarlet Heart?
Scarlet Heart Ryeo.. story-wise it's much better, a lot more complex and has better romance..
you may want to watch LITM for Park Bo Gum though.. :))
If you're more into sweet relaxing dramas, watch Love in the moonlight first.
However,
If you like more dramatic dramas, watch Scarlet Heart first. In my opinion, I like Scarlet Heart better & I dropped LITM at around episode 12 but it's still a very good drama! Have fun watching xo
Thanks guys for all your replies!
So I think i'll go with Scarlet Heart since most people seem to recommend it (:
Scarlet Heart all the way! hahahah i dropped LITM half way through
Overall, I'd say Moonlight.

Scarlet Heart has a bit more momentum than Moonlight, with makes it a bit more engaging. However, that's because there's a lot of poorly-executed transitions, sub-plots that are over almost before they've been introduced, and lots of plot elements & character motivations are unexplained because the general trajectory of the drama follows the original Scarlet Heart, but Ryeo has 20 episodes vs 35, so it doesn't have time to fully deal with everything it wants to cover. Also some things don't make a lot of sense because they're trying to fit a Goryeo succession crisis into a plot written for a a Qing Dynasty succession crisis while changing very little.

OTOH, Moonlight is much more fleshed-out, but occasionally a bit draggy, especially towards the end.

Note also that the original Scarlet Heart is definitely a worthwhile watch, and it might be better to see it before the Korean version. They're different enough that watching both isn't a yawn-fest, and having seen the original will help fill in some of the gaps when you watch Ryeo.

SPOILER: (For the relative happiness of the endings)

----------------------

For a happy ending at the expense of historical accuracy, go with Love in the Moonlight

For historical accuracy at the expense of a happy ending, go with Scarlet Heart

If you're only going to watch one in the near future, I'd say Moonlight. If you're going to watch both fairly soon, maybe go with Scarlet Heart first, then Moonlight to heal your broken heart. Although personally, I couldn't watch any historical dramas for ages after Scarlet Heart, it was so depressing.
100% love in the moonlight! Love bogummy
If you're thinking of watching Scarlet Heart Ryeo then you need to prepare yourself mentally and emotionally. It has messed with my emotions so much that I still tear up while listening to the ost.
Scarlet Heart Ryeo All the way
Though LITM has better execution, but Scarlet Heart Ryeo has its strange charm that pulls you towards it. I have seen the chinese version, maybe the complexity of the story is what makes it good. I remind you not to expect the same with the Korean version as they mess the whole editing, it never hurts to try. It actually has very epic potential to be the "it" drama of the year.