I'm currently stuck right now and don't know what to watch next. I'm looking for a Romantic drama but without any sci fi/ fantasy but something realistic, something you would see in real life with mature characters that don't act over the top nor are there any unrealistic scenarios or overly cheesy aegyo scenes. Mature Characters that fall in love. Any help?? 

One Spring Night

Omg! I totally have been looking for realistic romance dramas that doesn't have sci-fi/magic, and have mature looking actors (25-45). As a heads up, Chinese romcoms tend to be very fluffy (not realistic). Thus, I tend to only watch Chinese historical/period dramas. I find that Korean romcoms are more realistic, but at the same time, they have toxic elements in it.

Below are my recommendations, but most are not romcoms:

VOTE: Best romantic chemistry in dramas that aired between 2016-2021, between the female and male lead characters, and or between the second lead characters.

Voting starts 07-22-2021
Voting ends 08-31-2021
Note: Each user can vote 3 times, and only the top 30 voted dramas will be shown. BTW, if the drama that you want to vote for is not listed in the top 30, you can vote for the drama by adding it to the blank spot [Is something missing on this list?] that is directly under the 30 most voted dramas; it's also above the comment area.

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO VOTE https://mydramalist.com/list/LAlGlYA1

I thing that Friends is pretty realistic. It is nice, old and short japan/korean life drama romance (4 eps) between japan girl and korean boy with many life problems to overcome.

Lou:

One Spring Night

I just started watching this drama, per your recommendation and it's so good! Thanks!

Something in the Rain. This is one of the most beautiful dramas I've seen. Some of the music is a bit much at times but if you can get through that, it's truly a gorgeous drama. I really didn't like One Spring Night, which has the same director and ML, but that's my personal preference. 

Just by reading your post I was reminded of Run On, so definitely that one! I would also recommend Romance is a bonus book, Because this is my first life and a chinese drama that I found particularly realistic is Le Coup de Foudre (+ Go Ahead! It's a "family" drama but has a romantic plotline and it's good!) . Also Reply 1988 (which might lack in "mature" characters due to the age of the characters but it's quite realistic and really good) and Hospital Playlist. They are not particularly romantic but there are some couples and both are really beautiful. All these might not be everyone's favorite dramas but I think they were overall pretty mature and a good watch. 

try:

• scent of a woman
  • just between lovers
  • Alone in Love
  • She would Never Know
  • My Unfamiliar Family
  • Live
  • Temperature of Love
  • teen/school dramas but feels like the characters are mature and without the usual cutesy teen bop dramas
    • Do you like Brahms
    • Moments of 18
  • Non-Kdrama
    • First Half of My Life
    • You Are My Hero
    • Buzzer Beater
    • Long Vacation
    • My Story of You
    • Dear Mayang Street

Are you human too    has got everything you mentioned above...

don't hesitate cuz this will b worth a watch of 18 hrs

One Spring Night 

Just Between Lovers

Be Melodramatic

What you are looking for is exactly my favourite genre and I am always looking for new series in this genre. I made a list of my own favourites, I hope it will be useful for you. I will definitely add other suggestions written in this thread to my watch list!

This is my list: https://mydramalist.com/list/4YW0EvKL

One realistic romantic drama from Pakistan that you might enjoy is "Zindagi Gulzar Hai." Set against the backdrop of contemporary Pakistani society, this series follows the story of Kashaf and Zaroon as they navigate the complexities of love, ambition, and societal expectations. With its well-developed characters, nuanced storytelling, and compelling performances, "Zindagi Gulzar Hai" offers a realistic portrayal of romance amidst the challenges of modern Pakistan.

You can watch "Zindagi Gulzar Hai" and other Pakistani dramas on Pak TV Dramas.

All these are pretty much realistic romantic dramas.  The last one might feel a bit slow but it's a good one. 

• Welcome to Samdal-ri
  • Our Blues
  • Are we in love?  <it's a movie>

I hope you have a good watch~