To my friends here who loves k-pop,

I decided to slowly get away from k-pop. Can you please help? How can I do it?

The reason is I feel too much for some idols. I can't handle it anymore. The thought of them dating someone, getting married to someone; these natural things...even the thought of it makes me extremely sad.  No matter how much I tell myself that they are human beings and it's none of my business, I keep feeling really sad in my heart. It really hurts. I just want to cry.

I never thought I would get in this deep when I started listening to k-pop a year ago. And I just saw a video title about their dating rumors. I didn't watch it but it really hit me then. How wrong I was doing by getting this attacted to them. I can't bear watching them with their partner. I know I'm really awful and terribly selfish but I'll only cry by looking at that picture. I don't want to suffer, so I have to stop what I'm doing.

Please don't judge me. I swear I'm sincere and unfortunately I'm not a teen :/

I'm only asking if you have something to say. To help me. 

Thank you.

Before I give you advice on getting away from KPOP... I just would like to let you know that 9 times out of 10 dating rumors are only rumors. If idols of the opposite sex act even somewhat friendly to each other or admit to being friends then fans and the media will automatically fabricate dating rumors. Most idols are far too busy [and scrutinized and blocked by their management] to maintain a relationship. So rest assured that most idols will not publicly date until they approach age 30 or leave KPOP--and even then official couples are rare. 

As for getting away from KPOP... I always find that finding another obsession to replace one is easest. Before KPOP I was obsessed with anime but then because of KPOP I didn't even look at anime again for years. Find something you enjoy, gaming, shows, drawing, etc. 

That being said, if KPOP is something that really has become a large part of your life, if you are not able to fully get away. I just recommend reminding yourself of the facts and remember that rumors are just word of mouth and can be completely false. And perhaps just stick to listening to music and watching shows of KPOP and do not engage in the community that you only get what you want to see/hear.

King Chu , Thank you very much.

✔️ Read books

✔️ Play sports

✔️ join clubs or actovitiea you like NOT related to k-pop

✔️ Travel

✔️ Go to restaurants 

✔️ Hiking 

✔️ Biking 

✔️ Go to the beach 

• Start listening again some old songs you liked (not kpop all the time)
  • cut on variety shows
  • don't follow koreaboo/allkpop etc
  • stay away from twitter
  • no idol dramas if the actors are from your bias group

Just alienate yourself from kpop for a moment, so that you'll get to to a healthier hobby level. It's still enjoyable even if you're not 100% commited to it.

Oh wow...well,first of all you need to know they're humans like us. You should try and get a new hobby,perhaps going to a cooking class,dance class? Or just do something you really enjoy apart from kpop and the most important thing is to stay away from the internet.

Good luck! 

I think replacing one addiction with another is a fast way of getting over your kpop obsession but it will just be transferring these feelings somewhere else and won't help in the long run. I hope this doesn't come off preachy and I really don't mean it to be, but if you're becoming this obsessed with kpop idols to the point it's affecting your mental health, there's going to be underlying issues causing this. You should absolutely go see a therapist if you're able to. I hope you don't take this as offensive or anything like that because there's nothing wrong with going to see a therapist. Sometimes we latch onto things to avoid dealing with other issues in our lives. I've struggled with my mental health for years and I get easily obsessed with things too to avoid dealing with it. Going to a therapist and confronting my issues head-on was the best thing I ever did for myself. 

What I'm saying is the most important thing you should do is take care of yourself. 

Another thing that may help that's more pertaining to this issue is to try putting yourself in your idol's shoes and try seeing how certain behaviour from fans may affect them. Humanising them as people same as you and me will hopefully stop you from placing them on pedestals and seeing them as something more. Yes, they're beautiful and talented, but they're not infallible to making mistakes and having faults. Just try it as an exercise? 

Good luck <3