While reading that B2st's "On Rainy Days" has been banned in South Korea today, I stumbled upon this other article. What do you guys think?

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/07/songs-by-b2st-jay-park-4minute-mblaq-more-banned-by-ministry-of-gender-equality-family
I think it's a little extreme. I mean, I dunno how you would get influenced to get drunk off of B2ST's "On Rainy Days." I haven't listened to all the songs they mentioned, but I don't think all of those songs deserved to get banned. I think they might read a little too much into some of it. I guess that shows how much of a culture difference there is
I'd be more annoyed if they were actually banned, but really they just have restrictions placed on them (must be 19 or older to buy them; can't be aired before a certain time; etc.). So, this just makes me shrug my shoulders. Anyway, these restrictions come well after the song has been released, so the majority of the youth they're trying to protect has already bought or heard the song anyway.
wrote: The ‘offensive businesses’ mentioned above is referring to none other than a club. Any song or music video that contains the word ‘club’ or a scene from a club will be hit with a ban.

I think this is ridiculous... So, I'm guessing none of the ones who ban the songs have gone to a club. Not even when they were young, right?
I just think of all the songs in the US and in Puerto Rico which talk about or reference clubs or anything "offensive"...We, pretty much, only be listening to Christian music.
Fluffy-Nee-san wrote: I'd be more annoyed if they were actually banned, but really they just have restrictions placed on them (must be 19 or older to buy them; can't be aired before a certain time; etc.). So, this just makes me shrug my shoulders. Anyway, these restrictions come well after the song has been released, so the majority of the youth they're trying to protect has already bought or heard the song anyway.

True, which makes it even more ridiculous...lol
pisxie wrote: I think this is ridiculous... So, I'm guessing none of the ones who ban the songs have gone to a club. Not even when they were young, right?
I just think of all the songs in the US and in Puerto Rico which talk about or reference clubs or anything "offensive"...We would have been, pretty much, only listening to Christian music.

Edit and while young I meant.
pisxie wrote: I think this is ridiculous... So, I'm guessing none of the ones who ban the songs have gone to a club. Not even when they were young, right?
I just think of all the songs in the US and in Puerto Rico which talk about or reference clubs or anything "offensive"...We, pretty much, only be listening to Christian music.

I know, I was thinking of all the songs out in the US, if they'd ban all the songs with references to anything "bad" there'd be practically nothing to listen to. I get why they do that, but if it's already out, the people have already heard it, so why ban it later? People tend to do what they want without the influence of music.
I'm sorry for my embarrasingly late reply, but koreans drink all the time. Sheesh, what they don't hear in the songs, they'll see in drinking parlors in the cities. Get over yourselves.
Firstly i think that the whole banning thing is kinda ridiculous since most of the songs have already been out for a while. Also if parents raise their kids right they wont need to follow what some lyrics from what a songs says. Sometimes i feel the way things are going these singers might as well sing some childrens song and call it a day. And those these people know that the more you take away a bone from a dog the more he fights you.
Don't know if banned but in Korea you have to be 19 to listen to e.via's music (so i read from somewhere. so i'm not sure whether it's true or not)
I do disagree with the "banning" but those are the rules o; I like a lot k-pop music because of the fact that it really isn't to suggestive/inappropriate like a lot of American and other countries songs are. It is kinda strict but there not completely banned..theres just rules set on the songs now. Such as like time it can be heard, and how old to buy the songs/cds.
I just wanted to say something... You're encouraged by your country to give your life at the age of 18. It's not just SK it's also the US, and most other Westernized countries. So why is it that you can't drink till you're 21? Or have sex/marriage, and do gambling for that matter in some countries... See I've never understood this global phenomenon. I mean really anybody that has two working brain cells could tell that Drinking/Sex/Gambling are all better off for you then getting yourself maimed... But yet you can't do any of these other things, before you hit 21 (Or at the very least it's frowned upon depending on where you live) So I think it's retarded that some of these songs got banned. I mean "Going Crazy" by Song Ji Eun? I mean has anybody listened to the song? I know I have, and I can somewhat relate... I'm sure others can too... All I'm saying is if you can go get maimed at 18. Then you sure as hell should be able to drink at 18...
sjackson41 wrote: While reading that B2st's "On Rainy Days" has been banned in South Korea today, I stumbled upon this other article. What do you guys think?

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/07/songs-by-b2st-jay-park-4minute-mblaq-more-banned-by-ministry-of-gender-equality-family

Noooo two of my favorite songs are banned (> <)
SECRET?s Song Ji Eun?s solo track, ?Going Crazy?, and B2ST?s ?Rainy Days?
I love this quote by Psy after his song Right Now got banned because of the line "Life is like toxic alcohol." His response was “This is exactly why life is like toxic alcohol.”
I didn't know there was such thing as 'banned song' in korea... we don't have such things in france. Some song aren't on TV or played on the radio, bot none are really "banned"