I’m actually a bit in doubt if it’s the proposal scene or the scene where they had their heart to heart talk, cos you can see Jing conjuring snowflakes, in which XY looked shocked how all of a sudden it’s snowing, not knowing it’s Jing’s doing lol.  Cos the proposal scene, he conjured flower petals not snow.

FTCU:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/5052029800809088

Ooohhh I am so excited about this. Thanks so much

FTCU:

I’m actually a bit in doubt if it’s the proposal scene or the scene where they had their heart to heart talk, cos you can see Jing conjuring snowflakes, in which XY looked shocked how all of a sudden it’s snowing, not knowing it’s Jing’s doing lol.  Cos the proposal scene, he conjured flower petals not snow.

It could after that heart to heart talk scene..🤔

But i still hope  there will also be proposal scene.

dtsj_sapphire:
hiiii!! 👋 welcome back!! yes true... just hope everything will be fine when it airs and we get a satisfying ending for all esp for yaojing... (⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠)

Thank you!   And yes! I hope all is well and makes sense. lol

Blueberries Field:

That would be disappointing. I agree with you that the changes would diminish the emotional impact and complexity that make the story memorable in the first place. 

Oh well, I can always reread the novel again over and over  until I feel better haha

Okay, if they REALLY deleted the proposal scene, then I wouldn’t be surprised if the fans gets angry. Cos what I’m seeing is that, the proposal scene has been deleted, then if there’s no proposal then people who’ll be watching will be confused to how YaoJing are all of a sudden engaged. Plus the novel readers will be disappointed too. Even if they deleted the scene of haoling king,Jing & XY meeting XY’s mother(which sucks by the way) then what the heck will make the viewers convinced that XY & Jing are engaged? Plus the war won’t take up 21 episodes,adding the most crucial & important parts in the story will make the drama more impactful since it’s the last season & expectations are high. Hopefully tong hua being part of production will be good or else I’ll be disappointed.

FTCU:

Okay, if they REALLY deleted the proposal scene, then I wouldn’t be surprised if the fans gets angry. Cos what I’m seeing is that, the proposal scene has been deleted, then if there’s no proposal then people who’ll be watching will be confused to how YaoJing are all of a sudden engaged. Plus the novel readers will be disappointed too. Even if they deleted the scene of haoling king,Jing & XY meeting XY’s mother(which sucks by the way) then what the heck will make the viewers convinced that XY & Jing are engaged? Plus the war won’t take up 21 episodes,adding the most crucial & important parts in the story will make the drama more impactful since it’s the last season & expectations are high. Hopefully tong hua being part of production will be good or else I’ll be disappointed.

I hope a proposal scene is not deleted..even if its not same as in novel..agree with all u said..

FTCU:

I've been avoiding reading the novel for some exciting surprises in S2 and my eyes caught proposal scene, Tusha fox proposed?!  That's electrifying.

oturanh_grinmjk:

I've been avoiding reading the novel for some exciting surprises in S2 and my eyes caught proposal scene, Tusha fox proposed?!  That's electrifying.

Yes its one of my most favourite scene from novel.

oturanh_grinmjk:

Yeah, he proposed to her. The part was my favorite part of the novel cos of what he told her before asking her hand in marriage.

Wheew the episodes are 23 now instead of 21. Yaaaayyyy 👏🏽 

FTCU:

Wheew the episodes are 23 now instead of 21. Yaaaayyyy ?? 

I'll take it. I was wondering already how they would adapt so much story left in just 21 episodes.

Sunbath12:

I'll take it. I was wondering already how they would adapt so much story left in just 21 episodes.

Same here, I’m glad they’ve been allowed to add 2 more episodes due to its immense popularity. I’m mostly excited about the proposal scene, xinyue & FengLong trying to kill XY & FengLong telling ZX about Jing being the mastermind behind his throne ascension & how he was able to garner support.

FTCU:

Same here, I’m glad they’ve been allowed to add 2 more episodes due to its immense popularity. I’m mostly excited about the proposal scene, xinyue & FengLong trying to kill XY & FengLong telling ZX about Jing being the mastermind behind his throne ascension & how he was able to garner support.

I'm trying temper my expectations. I think there will be changes from the novel, but I hope some key scenes are kept. 

Not sure how the whole XY and FL trying to kill XY arc will be done - it may be condensed and combined with Hou killing Jing. But yes, I agree FL telling CX the truth regarding Jing being the true strategic mastermind would be CRUCIAL in my eyes. I think the novel was clearer in displaying Jing's intelligence and rationality. He wasn't just a lovesick fool just pining away for XY. S2 needs to make up for it in my opinion and give him the credit that is due. Maybe they are saving it anyway for the end. It's definitely a storyline that has been developing throughout. In CX's eyes in S1, Jing is exactly as I said above: a lovesick, weak fool without other convictions in life. It's probably what some of the audience feel too.

Of course to us, Jing is more than that. He' s just still on his way in development when we leave him after S1. I think once his sis-in-law dies and he snaps out of his funk, he will gradually become more and more the confident/strategizing Jing that he is known for.

Some have posted on the main page their viewpoints on Jing being more a plot device rather than a true character that completes an arc/journey. I couldn't disagree more. While his core person never changes, the TSJ at the end of the story is not the same as the one before. He starts off his life as a privileged "merchant prince" as some have said, but everyone he knows and loves are taken away from him (including his relationship with his brother Hou). He effectively experiences trauma like so many of the characters in this story. He gets a new chance at life because of XY, but he is essentially running away from his past as Ye Shiqi. He would have happily remained YSQ , but life had other plans. His is forced to resume being TSJ and deal with his family and background and all that comes with it - including the forced engagement he has with FFYY, the duties of being clan leader, etc. Although he wants to be someone like YSQ, free from the entanglements of position and power and live a simple life with his beloved, he has to face his demons so to speak - the toxic family of his lol. It's not a super creative character journey, but I'd say it's a very classic one.

And yes, I would agree he does not do a great job of facing his past/demons for much of the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the novel. He wavers and doubts himself - he admits as much to FL in ep 34 that sometimes he is unsure of what to do and feels that FFB and FL would be better suited to XY. He'd also rather not cause additional harm to people including Hou and Yiying - but he doesn't know the extent of their malicious actions until after he is forced to marry Yiying.

After he and XY work together to catch Hou and YY, essentially Jing steps up and sorts things out one by one. He deals with the clan elders and comes up with a way to spare Hou and YY but at the same time not leave them off the hook. While CX is busy scheming ways to keep XY to himself by letting the whole world know about her parentage, Jing is by XY's side and helps her reconcile with her own past/parents and her father the Grand Emperor.

This has become a long essay LOL, and I will stop here. I hope for a satisfying conclusion to XY and Jing's story - they deserve it after all they go through in S1.

@Sunbath Even in s1, the viewers saw that all fenglong’s plans including the advice he gave to CX/ZX was from Jing. But off course Jing always told FengLong to tell CX the ideas came from him so CX thought fl’s help was his own ideas not knowing it was Jing’s. Even before I liked Jing, I saw how brilliant & strategic he was,he just chose to not take credit for it. As I always said,if Jing wanted to rule the entire plains,he’d have gotten support from all clans,cos they know how capable Jing is,but he doesn’t want that. 

He may be insecure when it comes to love cos it’s his first time he’s REALLY fallen for someone & he doesn’t want to do anything that’ll hurt his lover,which is understandable. Yeah he could’ve killed Hou & FFYY,but they would’ve won & the resentment cycle would’ve never end. It’s a shame his mother started this whole thing & Jing paid the price for it,while his grandmother was very selfish. Again it’s a shame he was born into such family. FL isn’t interested in XY,but her status as a princess cos that’ll elevate him & his clan,while xl/FFB won’t leave his adoptive father & soldiers for her,they’re more important than her plus XY isn’t stupid to run away with an enemy who tried to kill her cousin, also she doesn’t want to end up as a tragedy like her mother. People seem to forget how her mother died & even how she(XY) was killed cos her father was chi Chen. No woman would want to live such a tragic life or death even.