plor20:

Lol...hahaha XL probably pawn the diamonds for 37 years of rations. (@_@。

Oh you know he would!  Dude doesn't even have a hair pin.

plor20:

Shout out to the one and only Nath! She now has her own supertopic in Weibo and a dedicated hashtag #DisneyIllustratorWhoLearnedChineseForXiangLiu

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/gDLsJRhQc7ikqJ5L/?

(≧▽≦)

It's mind-blowing amazing ????? congratulations!!!

Friends but we really will not get this scene, where XL will be wounded and try go away, but XY will blocked him and forced him to drink her blood and heal first ??? it's such beautiful scene 

https://x.com/itslyna123/status/1812514348411011426

insideout91:

Friends but we really will not get this scene, where XL will be wounded and try go away, but XY will blocked him and forced him to drink her blood and heal first ??? it's such beautiful scene 

https://x.com/itslyna123/status/1812514348411011426

There are so many ways to adopt the story that doesn't make XY a wishy-washy fickle hearted FL....but the way the story is structure, XY always have been a wishy-washy character, sure of her requirements but unsure of she wanted actually wanted.

Becuase they have decided that YaoJing is the end game, they need to fake it til they make it, and that means cutting out some of the most beloved scenes that would visuay contradict and justify the end game.

So in the end, we have a poorly written and edited second half.

plor20:
Shout out to the one and only Nath! She now has her own supertopic in Weibo and a dedicated hashtag #DisneyIllustratorWhoLearnedChineseForXiangLiu

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/gDLsJRhQc7ikqJ5L/?

(≧▽≦)

Congratulations @nathsketch! You're making waves in China! 

There's actually two hashtags trending on Weibo - #Disney漫威画家为檀健次学中文 #DisneyMarvelArtistWhoLearntChineseForTanJianci and #Disney合作画师为相柳学中文 #DisneyCollaboratingArtistWhoLearntChineseForXiangLiu

plor20:

There are so many ways to adopt the story that doesn't make XY a wishy-washy fickle hearted FL....but the way the story is structure, XY always have been a wishy-washy character, sure of her requirements but unsure of she wanted actually wanted.

Becuase they have decided that YaoJing is the end game, they need to fake it til they make it, and that means cutting out some of the most beloved scenes that would visuay contradict and justify the end game.

So in the end, we have a poorly written and edited second half.

That's really sad to hear (( need accept it and enjoy what I have , it will end very soon anyway ..

If only we get another drama with similar XL character from TJC and different wedding, I will always think Winner is King will be compensation, but this one probably never 

Also director decisions very questionable , like Jing and XY romance completely anticlimactic and boring in that part , while they still give hints for YaoLiu, but still cut everything, it will leads to all viewers end up unsatisfied 

insideout91:

Also director decisions very questionable , like Jing and XY romance completely anticlimactic and boring in that part , while they still give hints for YaoLiu, but still cut everything, it will leads to all viewers end up unsatisfied 

My guess is a mixture of censorship and investors stake in different artists.

JC was only interested in the role for it's complexity, and poured his heart into it. Whether he became an A-lister or not, wasn't his goal...and like they say...."Its always when you least expect it, that things happen." 

And that's the magic of someone who just loves thier work, and lives for the art.

When I came to this fandom, I heard alot of melon that this was supposed to be ZWY and DW break out role, like it was big deal. And reguadless if they poured thier heart into thier roles, XL as a character had TH's love...unless she rewrote the whole novel, her love for XL was going to shine through, paired with JC acting, it was envitable that XL was going to reign.

plor20:

My guess is a mixture of censorship and investors stake in different artists.

JC was only interested in the role for it's complexity, and poured his heart into it. Whether he became an A-lister or not, wasn't his goal...and like they say...."Its always when you least expect it, that things happen." 

And that's the magic of someone who just loves thier work, and lives for the art.

When I came to this fandom, I heard alot of melon that this was supposed to be ZWY and DW break out role, like it was big deal. And reguadless if they poured thier heart into thier roles, XL as a character had TH's love...unless she rewrote the whole novel, her love for XL was going to shine through, paired with JC acting, it was envitable that XL was going to reign.

I didn't saw TJC in other roles before XL, and what he did with that role it's really a lot, not only acting, ost, mini theatres, artistic posters and so on, you can feel all his love for the character 

And I agree about XL character at himself, many people in comment section like talk how XL is typical bad boy grey character, but he is not, I wish I can find any movie or drama with character similar to XL 

liddi:

There's actually two hashtags trending on Weibo - #Disney漫威画家为檀健次学中文 #DisneyMarvelArtistWhoLearntChineseForTanJianci and #Disney合作画师为相柳学中文 #DisneyCollaboratingArtistWhoLearntChineseForXiangLiu

OMG wow. Do awesome! Congrats. Does she still visit here?

MengXiang:

OMG wow. Do awesome! Congrats. Does she still visit here?

She is currently studying in Beijing. She is there for two weeks.

liddi:

I had a dream last night, that Tan Jian Ci's team saw this and arranged for her to meet Tan Jian Ci at the DeBeers appearance and she gave him the original art of TanTan (TinTin) and her XL / FFB piece.

insideout91:
And I agree about XL character at himself, many people in comment section like talk how XL is typical bad boy grey character, but he is not, I wish I can find any movie or drama with character similar to XL

XL falls into the demon lover trope, rather than 'bad boy' trope.  He shares more in common with Beast, than Heathcliff.

He's also like Mr. Darcy.  Someone who comes across as cold and disliked, who doesn't speak about love, but who actually has the warmest heart.

Kokuto:
I had a dream last night, that Tan Jian Ci's team saw this and arranged for her to meet Tan Jian Ci at the DeBeers appearance and she gave him the original art of TanTan (TinTin) and her XL / FFB piece.

You never know - it might just happen, even though not during the DeBeers event! That would be so amazing for her. How much longer will she be in China for?

liddi:

You never know - it might just happen, even though not during the DeBeers event! That would be so amazing for her. How much longer will she be in China for?

I think for another ten days, at least.

Yes, the DeBeers event was in my brain from looking at the pics and video ... but keeping my fingers crossed for nathsketch!