atmospheres:

From what I've heard about Filter, and I think I mentioned this before, it kind of reminded me of the kmovie turned into a kdrama The Beauty Inside where a woman is able to shapeshift and change her appearance. However, in Filter it's done willingly by her through the means of some kind of magical bracelet, where as in The Beauty Inside it's a curse that she has to deal with once a month where she shapeshifts against her will and beyond her control into another person -- it could be man or woman, old or young. 

I'm curious to find out more about TJC's character so I can figure out why he took the role, aside from Tong Hua personally asking him to do the project.

I saw someone mention that about the Korean show / movie... well actually, they were being ugly about it.  But I was wondering about Tan Jian Ci's role too.  Because this seems to be weighted more to the female lead, much like LYF.  Which is fine, but other than being a romantic lead (and maybe not the only one given Gao Han Yu's casting), I'm not sure what the role offers him.

Of course, he may be looking for a drama with a reduced role, so he can finish up his album and do Hello Saturday and look at other projects.

nathsketch:

12 minutes?! Is this a cartoon? Hahahaha

Ok, agreed. It matches my interest level too :D

Yes.  It is a melodrama.  A trashy, hopefully sexy one. ;ppp

Kokuto:
Because this seems to be weighted more to the female lead, much like LYF.  Which is fine, but other than being a romantic lead (and maybe not the only one given Gao Han Yu's casting), I'm not sure what the role offers him.

You bring up an interesting point, one that has been frequently discussed online by domestic viewers and cnetizens -- that cdramas, especially idol dramas, in the past few years are trending more towards FL-centric, FL-driven, and reverse harem, with less ML-centric and ML-driven dramas being made (and most of them that were being made, pre-ban, were BL adaptations). However, the caveat is that, if so, it's hardly a win for women because the dramas are still by a vast majority written, directed, and produced by men resulting in weird and not empowering or accurate/representative characterizations and depictions of women. Personally, I don't know if this purported trend is true and as far as I know, nobody has actually sat down and tallied up how many FL-centric vs. ML-centric shows were made in the past 5 years, it is just an impression that cnetizens have been talking about. So it could very well be that because of where TJC is situated in the star hierarchy right now -- mid-tier liuliang not top-tier like a Xu Kai/Yang Yang/Cheng Yi/Xiao Zhan/Wang Hedi etc., he's probably not being offered a lot of ML-centric scripts with the exceptions of UTS2 (which is a bit different bc it's 2 MLs and not technically an idol drama) and maybe Go East.

atmospheres:
You bring up an interesting point, one that has been frequently discussed online by domestic viewers and cnetizens -- that cdramas, especially idol dramas, in the past few years are trending more towards FL-centric, FL-driven, and reverse harem, with less ML-centric and ML-driven dramas being made (and most of them that were being made, pre-ban, were BL adaptations). However, the caveat is that, if so, it's hardly a win for women because the dramas are still by a vast majority written, directed, and produced by men resulting in weird and not empowering or accurate/representative characterizations and depictions of women. Personally, I don't know if this purported trend is true and as far as I know, nobody has actually sat down and tallied up how many FL-centric vs. ML-centric shows were made in the past 5 years, it is just an impression that cnetizens have been talking about.

Yes.  It's like that in Western entertainment too.  If a few female centric shows / movies are successful, there's a lot of discussion, because some people lose their minds at that idea.  And yes, it doesn't always mean the best portrayal of women (looking at you Court Lady). 

That's one thing that infuriated me about the superficial criticism of LYF by people that I don't think even watched the show, that claimed to be 'feminist.'  Yet they trashed a drama that was produced, written, directed by women, and was female centric!

atmospheres:
So it could very well be that because of where TJC is situated in the star hierarchy right now -- mid-tier liuliang not top-tier like a Xu Kai/Yang Yang/Cheng Yi/Xiao Zhan/Wang Hedi etc., he's probably not being offered a lot of ML-centric scripts with the exceptions of UTS2 (which is a bit different bc it's 2 MLs and not technically an idol drama) and maybe Go East.

I'm cool with that, as long as his roles are interesting, different, and give him a chance to shine.  I mean, if you think about it, Under the Skin was actually female centric, despite having two male co-leads.  The cases mostly dealt with women, women's issues, and their first major enemy was a woman -- not to mention, all the competent people at the police station were women.

Though I STILL want to see a Wang Hedi / Tan Jian Ci buddy action movie... costume or otherwise.  That could be so funny.

Kokuto:

Sigh.  Maybe.  The last time I couldn't upload pics, there was site wide issue too.  I need to find another entry to try uploading pics.

Oh, did I tell you that Li Jiu Lin's new short drama, Rising Feather, started up?  Looks like hot trash -- though not as trashy as Circle of Love. ;pp

Oooh I‘m watching that right now. The first 2 Eps are intriguing. After that LMLMV sugar high, my brain needs to be stimulated constantly and these short drama is perfect for that. It‘s like watching clips of Eps highlight and not bother with the filler scenes =)

luv2bafangurl:

Oooh I‘m watching that right now. The first 2 Eps are intriguing. After that LMLMV sugar high, my brain needs to be stimulated constantly and these short drama is perfect for that. It‘s like watching clips of Eps highlight and not bother with the filler scenes =)

IKR?  It's a show of excesses, but nothing excess. ;p

And you can tell they are going to tease us unrelentingly.  I mean, they opened with that three person 'embrace.'  O_O

Some of the GQ pics are being posted ... I think Tan Jian Ci has taken this food thing a bit far.  It looks like he's wearing pepperoni on his chest.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220251031106388&set=g.807434947498079

And who invited this guy?!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=743543074466892&set=g.807434947498079

At least we have this bit of suggestiveness.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10161108078290768&set=g.807434947498079

Kokuto:

Some of the GQ pics are being posted ... I think Tan Jian Ci has taken this food thing a bit far.  It looks like he's wearing pepperoni on his chest.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220251031106388&set=g.807434947498079

And who invited this guy?!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=743543074466892&set=g.807434947498079

At least we have this bit of suggestiveness.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10161108078290768&set=g.807434947498079

Came here specifically to comment thisssss

What is this outfit helppppppppp

I’m going to die young at this rate. 

SOFT AND CRISPY

Please sire have mercy

I’m rambling lol

BUT WHAT IT EVEN IS THIS

Pepperoni nipple is trending on Weibo T_T

First thing I saw when I opened that thing today.

Not sure if I’m awake or still dreaming.

I need Pizza Hut today. Obviously.

PEPPERONIPPLES

Bye.

Lmao I can’t even get out of bed.

Can’t feel my legs. I’m paralyzed 

nathsketch:

Lmao I can’t even get out of bed.

Can’t feel my legs. I’m paralyzed 

Oh no!  Slept too deeply?

nathsketch:

SOFT AND CRISPY

Please sire have mercy

LOL!  No. No. I can't.  Will. Not.  Say. It.

nathsketch:
Pepperoni nipple is trending on Weibo T_T

Are you serious?  OMG.

nathsketch:
PEPPERONIPPLES

Bye.

hahahahahahah