We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 peng-peng:
Same with the spoiler that XY comes back  with her kids to be with CX  to help him  manage the kingdom after TSJ has dies.

I hadn't heard this one before. But I've seen some comments about very weird "spoilers" about kids that XY has with various leads and now I just tend to ignore those. 

TinaL:

Listen I'm not believing anything until the season 2 drops 

Yes let's not be so pessimistic. ..patiently waiting for S2. 

AH :

I hadn't heard this one before. But I've seen some comments about very weird "spoilers" about kids that XY has with various leads and now I just tend to ignore those. 

yikes!

peng-peng:
Same with the spoiler that XY comes back  with her kids to be with CX  to help him  manage the kingdom after TSJ has dies.

This is a new one for me. 

Ari_Lee:

This is a new one for me. 

I've seen reuters of A'Nian's wedding but not Xin Yue's. I feel like there's so much to cover still in the second half of the drama so I wonder how  21 episodes would be enough.

AH :

I hadn't heard this one before. But I've seen some comments about very weird "spoilers" about kids that XY has with various leads and now I just tend to ignore those. 

hahahaha

AH :
Relegating ZX's actions to a dream sequence also allows them to cut XL saving XY's life again and almost all of the Jade Mountain subplot. Maybe they felt one saving-her-from-a-death-coma episode (and one saving-her-from-a-crystal-coffin-and-whirlpool episode and one bug-connection-severing episode) would be enough. And avoiding the Jade Mountain subplot means less CGI and not having to involve as many characters. (I'll miss Sir Bi). 

all these cuts would be so sad, which i don't understand right now, but maybe later I will when I watch  s2 lol

I think s1 not much cgi was used? So perhaps it'll be the same in s2.

Sssnoopyyy:

So what was the dream sequence? Is that the part in the trailer where CX yells saying “is it wrong for me to want to be with you” as XY holds the knife?

I haven’t read the “leaked script”, but it’s as others have mentioned, instead of CX being the actual mastermind of plotting to kill Jing, this whole section of the story may be relegated to a dream, which on paper just sounds like such a letdown to me, but again, I’m not going to believe anything until I see it. And even then, maybe I’ll still be in denial lol.

Sssnoopyyy:

Omg noooo! That was such an important scene - and the part where the Emperor, Jing and XY go to the dessert. Are they trying to downplay Jing’s role? I feel like cutting out stuff will make his relationship with XY just rushed and not natural. So many ppl already dont ship them together ? 

I would not be surprised  if that's what they end up doing. I will not give it good rate if I am not satisfied.

Sunbath12:

I haven’t read the “leaked script”, but it’s as others have mentioned, instead of CX being the actual mastermind of plotting to kill Jing, this whole section of the story may be relegated to a dream, which on paper just sounds like such a letdown to me, but again, I’m not going to believe anything until I see it. And even then, maybe I’ll still be in denial lol.

that's awful LOL what's the point of making it a dream sequence XD. this takes away the entire impact of the relationship between CX and XY. does someone have a link to the leaked script that they can share?

AH :

HUH? there are leaked scripts about XY having kids with all the guys? LOL ok if that's the case I really hope the leaked script about them changing the mastermind behind Jing's death is false

@AH - "The changes to ZX's story might have been required by the censors, or maybe the producers. Having the male lead be in love with the female lead and successfully plot to kill the second male lead (that the female lead loves and is about to marry), having the female lead commit a not-quite-murder / suicide with him, and having the second male lead convince the female lead to forgive the male lead after all that... Is a lot. "

I mean it's fine if they take out things that require more CGI work (e.g. the winged rides) but that's main climax of the story. It would be a disservice to the novel if they change this (even tho I know it's the author's choice on what to do, I'm glad TH was even part of this script LOL).

I guess they don't really need the whirlpool scene. But I did see a trailer or something where XL destroys the bug and says to XY that the connection has been lifted/severed.

Regarding XY's scene with her mom, I think I heard Yang Zi talking about her experience filming that scene (think it was her last scene of filming?) where she cannot help but be emotional every time she thinks/sees that scene. Her tears just naturally fell. They don't have to drag it out but it was an important part of XY's closure and also Jing getting blessings from XY's actual parent to marry her.

Oh no.. I don't want any changes in season 2. I want close as possible with the novel. The novel story is the main reason I watched this and of course YZ. ? The male leads here are bonus for me especially DW.  

@Sssnoopyyy: I can see the challenge to pass censorship just as AH mentioned, so I can accept that the drama may make some changes with this part of the story.  However, at the same time I can't think of a satisfying way to get around such a major part of CX's character and story (but I'm no writer, so maybe there is a creative way). I love a protagonist with a bit of an edge/darkness or who makes a mistake and learns from it, goes on a journey to resolve it or even bears the consequences of their actions.  So, it would be disappointing for me personally if the overall end of the story is unlike the novel's.

In the drama too, so much has been foreshadowed (e.g. CX conjuring up a knife when he comes to XY's room, knowing Jing is there with her). There's always so much unresolved tension in the air between Jing and CX (and I'm here all for it! It's such a great part of the novel and I love seeing it on screen).  Oh well, no need to get all worried for nothing at this point. We'll just have to wait and see.

Sssnoopyyy:

HUH? there are leaked scripts about XY having kids with all the guys? LOL ok if that's the case I really hope the leaked script about them changing the mastermind behind Jing's death is false

Those comments didn't mention the leaked script. I don't know where those comments were coming from but they sounded nothing like LYF. Another one just cropped up in the XL thread. 

Kali_01:
I think s1 not much cgi was used?

I thought they used a ton of CGI? Every scene that happens on or below the water. A lot of the mountain scenes. A lot of the tree / flower scenes (e.g., CX making the peach blossoms grow for Ah Nian). Every scene with Chubby, TSJ's astral fox, tails from the nine-tailed foxes, and the Fei Fei. 

Sssnoopyyy:
but that's main climax of the story. It would be a disservice to the novel if they change this

I agree. 

Sssnoopyyy:
I guess they don't really need the whirlpool scene.

Chapter 43 is one of my favourites in the whole novel. I'd be very sad if it was cut, but I do think it's a very difficult chapter to translate to screen.

XY dons her wedding dress and is willing to die to be with TSJ, until she realizes what that would mean for the people she's left behind (specifically ZX). She sings her song for TSJ and reiterates her belief that somehow he will come back to her. She reunites with Left Ear (I love their relationship) and she has her last intimate moments with XL. It ticks a lot of boxes for me. 

Sssnoopyyy:
But I did see a trailer or something where XL destroys the bug and says to XY that the connection has been lifted/severed.

Yep, that part is definitely still there. But without the essential blood kiss it seems.

Sssnoopyyy:
Regarding XY's scene with her mom, I think I heard Yang Zi talking about her experience filming that scene (think it was her last scene of filming?) where she cannot help but be emotional every time she thinks/sees that scene. Her tears just naturally fell. They don't have to drag it out but it was an important part of XY's closure and also Jing getting blessings from XY's actual parent to marry her.

Sounds promising. I'm glad TSJ is involved too.