His Smile:

Deng Wei Madame Figaro Interview article translated. 

?

https://twitter.com/just_yuzupi/status/1705251991436611961?t=ew1ctE3ijWmNFCG15thOgw&s=19

Was going to link it thx! Love the ending part where his entousiasm is seen as " in the boundless grasslands where heaven and earth meet, a breeze blows againt the backdrop of the rising sun".

Seems like the interviewer was touched by some poetry spells :). 

WangDuo girlfriend:

yes idk how many episodes it will take, but the most of all, I am so waiting the episode where XL will break off XY and Fenglong wedding as TSJ ordered him to do that. i think it will leave impression of how possessive TSJ is? and also they have slow talk and resolve everything . 

TSJ has been portrayed as gentle person (one of the reasons why XY love him). But when it comes to XY he loses his dignity and all showing XY is his greatest weakness.  That' why TSJ have been used several times (which he willingly do as long as its for XY). I want to see TSJ break loose and became ruthless if it means losing XY. I havent read the novel. I hope there's a turn in the series, not portraying him as weak and poor choice  for XY

majorca07:
But when it comes to XY he loses his dignity and all showing XY is his greatest weakness.  That' why TSJ have been used several times (which he willingly do as long as its for XY).

I wouldn't describe XY as TSJ's greatest weakness and I wouldn't say that TSJ has ever been used by someone else (for XY or not), except when FFYY, TSH and his grandmother take advantage of him to get what they want. Which definitely isn't for XY. In those cases, TSJ's greatest weakness (which, from a different angle, also shows great strength of character) is his capacity for forgiveness when it comes to his family, and his inability to forget the strong bond and years of love that he had with his brother and grandmother. 

When you mentioned TSJ willingly being used for XY's sake, I assume you're referring to TSJ helping CX? But TSJ believes that assisting CX is the right thing to do. CX also always thought TSJ only supported him because of XY. In the novel, he is shocked when he finds out that TSJ supported him because TSJ genuinely believed that doing so was the right choice. 

majorca07:
I want to see TSJ break loose and became ruthless if it means losing XY. I havent read the novel. I hope there's a turn in the series, not portraying him as weak and poor choice  for XY

There is a turning point in the novel that I absolutely love, where TSJ and XY trust each other and work together to expose the lie that FFYY and TSH concocted (i.e., TSZ's birth secret) to force TSJ into marrying FFYY.

---

Chapter 33:

Xiao Yao walked out and said, “You are kind and loving and it’s not a personality flaw, but faced with Yi Yang and Hou then it becomes a weakness.”

Jing said, “I understand. It all stops now and I won’t retreat anymore.”

Xiao Yao nodded. “That’s more like it.”

---

Chapter 34:

"...Jing, can you promise me something?”

“Just say it.”

“Trust me! No matter what happens, trust me completely without reservation!”

“I promise.”

Xiao Yao was still wary and reminded him, “No matter what you see, what you hear, close your eyes and ask your heart.”

Jing said “Don’t worry, the things I promised you before that I didn’t do, this time I will do this no matter what!”

Xiao Yao smiled “Great, I look forward to seeing you do it.”

Jing accepted the mirror. “Xiao Yao, thank you for everything you did for me.”

Xiao Yao was silent for a moment and then said, “All I did was spread the net, you have to pull the net in now...”

Jing said, “...I’ll take care of the rest.”

---

Chapter 39:

Feng Long was perplexed “Jing, why don’t you ever fight for something with me?” 

Jing said “How did I not compete with you? I only gave up the things I don’t care about. What I really want I never once let you have.”

“You mean…..” Feng Long furrowed his brow and asked “Xiao Yao?”

---

Chapter 46:

Xiao Yao glared in rage at Xiang Liu who acted nonchalant and continued to stroke her neck while smiling down at her and talking like it was a random chat between friends. “Even before I knew you, I was already doing business with Tu Shan Jing for hundreds of years. He’s not a vindictive person, but he’s also not a weak fool. In hundreds of years, I’ve never once taken any advantage from him. He can time and again endure Tu Shan Hou only because he treats Tu Shan Hou as a relative...”

majorca07:
I hope there's a turn in the series, not portraying him as weak

As AH alluded to above, the best is yet to come (I hope) in season 2 as far as Jing's story. His story arc is best viewed as a whole, but unfortunately with the 2 seasons, his ending at the end of season 1 is at a low point for him.

Sunbath12:

As AH alluded to above, the best is yet to come (I hope) in season 2 as far as Jing's story. His story arc is best viewed as a whole, but unfortunately with the 2 seasons, his ending at the end of season 1 is at a low point for him.

Yes I really like how things turn out later.?

@AH

I wouldn't describe XY as TSJ's greatest weakness and I wouldn't say that TSJ has ever been used by someone else (for XY or not), except when FFYY, TSH and his grandmother take advantage of him to get what they want. Which definitely isn't for XY. In those cases, TSJ's greatest weakness (which, from a different angle, also shows great strength of character) is his capacity for forgiveness when it comes to his family, and his inability to forget the strong bond and years of love that he had with his brother and grandmother.
When you mentioned TSJ willingly being used for XY's sake, I assume you're referring to TSJ helping CX? But TSJ believes that assisting CX is the right thing to do. CX also always thought TSJ only supported him because of XY. In the novel, he is shocked when he finds out that TSJ supported him because TSJ genuinely believed that doing so was the right choice.

Family bond is something ?

I was wanting to slap him when I was first watching and this HouYiYin Grandma stuff happen. I was like "come on you are the sly fox, you have to get through this family messy thingy..caught HouYY already huh!", yep I thought he's too slow discovering about HouYY. But when I saw other people shooting at him for not being strong enough to handle the same matter, I was like "Hey you people, don't blame my man. The situation is just not supporting him. How can u just blame him like that !"
And I thought about it back and forth and forth and back and..etc. I just like the way it is. TSJ is not flawless.  It makes sense that he took time in discovering about HouYY after nearly getting late already and hurting both himself and Xiao Yao. I still doubt about the situation he married this YY, is him choosing his family over XY, (at first I too thought he did) He definetly love his family. That's why I call him a family man.But would XY accepts him if he left his family at once to be with her. (I am telling from his side).  If Jing Ye had not found him, I don't think he would like to go back to being TSJ. As he said XY became princess suddenly and only TSJ suits her, not YSQ. So if she said "come back to be my YSQ"..I have a question like "how will it  go?" That's why he had to deal with this YY problem his family had set him up. That's why I never feel bad about him and XY spending time together during engagement matter. Let the guy have some happy moments. YY showed clearly she doesn't care about TSJ at all although rape him later for her profit. (My gay guy friend also addicted to this drama complain about Jing being slow but he's more blaming to XY. He hadn't read novel and was on ep20 only. Of course women would like their guy to fight for them but at the same time XY is sulk at him for having fiancé while she also go out with FFBB, but the guy can't sulk? And that XY also not warning TSJ about YY capable of assassinating CX, makes things slow for Jing to figure out sooner too.)
But we read the novel and know what will happen so I guess this whole thing is about YaoJing getting mature. And both not losing their own self for love too. They both treasure family bond.
And as for TSJ supporting CX to throne, as much as he thought CX would make great emperor, I don't think he would care about it at all if it hasn't anything to do with XY.

His Smile:

You can download the app and get updated about Deng Wei without signing up by searching his name.

I tried, unfortunately they want me to sign up?

Winny Aye:
And as for TSJ supporting CX to throne, as much as he thought CX would make great emperor, I don't think he would care about it at all if it hasn't anything to do with XY.

When TSJ first went out into the world to carry out business for the Tushan Clan hundreds of years before meeting XY, he came to the conclusion that the world needed a compassionate ruler. He supported CX because he believed that CX would be that kind of ruler.

---

Chapter 49:

Zhuan Xu slowly walked up to them and stared at Jing to ask, “When Feng Long was dying he told me that the idea to give up Xuan Yuan Mountain for Sheng Nong Mountain was yours. And that you convinced him to back me.”

Jing candidly responded “Yes.”

“Why conceal it from me?”

“I didn’t think too much back then, all I wanted was to see Xiao Yao as soon as possible, so I gave the chance to Feng Long so he could accomplish his dreams.”

Why help me? Only because of Xiao Yao?

No. When I first went out to do business, the Yellow Emperor had just united the Middle Plains and I followed the merchant groups to many places and saw people displaced by the war. I believed sincerely that the world needed a strong compassionate ruler, one who cared about the lives of all citizens. For Xiao Yao, I could break from clan rules and not support the other princes, but I couldn’t truly go against my clan and openly support Your Majesty as ruler. I did what I did because I know Your Majesty’s magnanimous hope for the world and I remain steadfast in believing that my choice is correct. Even today I do not regret my choice, and I know Feng Long didn’t as well. Our choice and determination to support you is the right one.”

Zhuan Xu stared hard at Jing one last time before silently walking past Xiao Yao and heading down the cliffs. His guards surrounded him but everyone kept their distance, making his lone figure seem even more isolated.

I agree with @Winny Aye also if Jing did all the things the audiences complains about him not doing then XY wouldn’t have loved Jing lol because almost everything people complain about is everything that XY loves about him.  Examples, him choosing to die with her, him not being able to be ruthless with Huo, giving up his grandmother, being heartless with FFYY etc. one of the things she loves about Jing is his kindness and how he remains untainted even after all the things he’s been put through.  

@AH

When TSJ first went out into the world to carry out business for the Tushan Clan hundreds of years before meeting XY, he came to the conclusion that the world needed a compassionate ruler. He supported CX because he believed that CX would be that kind of ruler.

Hmm...Yep I read those lines too. He defintely see CX as a good ruler who would be able to unite all three kingdoms and in less ruthless way than others too . I know that its not only for XY. But I guess I sometimes follow my feeling by saying he did it for XY too and may not interest in this matter at all if XY was not involved. He did have his talents and hopes for the world, but life strike him before. I think it kind of change him a little; become less ambitious and careless about big matters, and I don't think he would be involving in such matters if someone he care is not associating with it, or at least acting upon it. But like you say, maybe I have overlooked this foresight of Jing had for the world future too.

When I was on that part, I also thought Jing really did believe in CX regarding ruling their world {and that's really one of the many things I love about Jing, when he was thinking of a strong compassionate ruler, CX came to mind <3}. I love how he was able to think beyond and how he respected and appreciated CX for that matter. Their last conversation is very meaningful  coz I think it emphasizes CX's mistake and that's sad for him and also why XY had that reaction with his involvement in Jing's supposed death.  Also,  XY and Jing's conversation along the way to meeting CX makes me adore Jing's kind, forgiving, and understanding nature even more. I think they all connect in the end?~ Jing helping FL helping CX and Jing being with and living with XY the way she always wanted to?

@WinnyAye: I don't think he would be involving in such matters if someone he care is not associating with it, or at least acting upon it

yeah esp after he experienced the ruthlessness of his own brother and how his title only mattered to everyone then when he was rescued by XY, he only thought of being with her and as much as possible stay that way and would only care abt their small family in QS town, the people Wen Xiao Liu cared abt. But things changed and affected everything...

@WinnyAye: it's just that you love Jing and XY so much??? (we all do! that's why we're here:D) and also coz everything Jing did was to be with XY that's why :) anyway, I think they all connect in the end so??

Winny Aye:
I was wanting to slap him when I was first watching and this HouYiYin Grandma stuff happen. I was like "come on you are the sly fox, you have to get through this family messy thingy..caught HouYY already huh!", yep I thought he's too slow discovering about HouYY. But when I saw other people shooting at him for not being strong enough to handle the same matter, I was like "Hey you people, don't blame my man. The situation is just not supporting him. How can u just blame him like that !"

Well That's exactly a point Xiao Yao reached , she actually slaped him angrilly with words for appearing so weak => Must call on @AH to quote if possible the exact words she used to wake him :)