cometawatcher:

@AH

I've always felt that XY never truly trusted TSJ with her personal issues. She never confided him her past. He only knew of her past after her identity came out and she told with him with CX present. Even after everything that happened between her and XL, she never told him. She entered a marriage with him not knowing everything, or he might have known but certainly not from her. 

I partly agree with this.

About her past as the nine-tailed fox's captive, she was clear that she didn't want to recount it again and again. She asked ZX to recount it to her father so she wouldn't have to repeat it for him. The fact that she told XL about it earlier and only told TSJ about it after ZX was aware of her true identity isn't something that I take as a sign of XY trusting XL more than TSJ... I just see it as the result of the different relationship she has with XL compared to TSJ. 

XY's heart feels vulnerable to YSQ from very early on, so she's very on guard against him and constantly tests him and tries to "cut the threads of longing" in her heart. So it's not surprising that she doesn't open up about her past to him then. Not too long after, he is the person she opens her heart to. That's a huge leap of faith and sign of trust.

Whereas XY can be vulnerable with XL about her experience of being tortured by the nine-tailed fox early on in her relationship with XL precisely because they aren't close in a way that makes XY feel that her heart is vulnerable to him at that point. It's easier to open up about something like that to a frenemy than to someone she's trying not to fall for. I'm not sure she is aware that her heart might be vulnerable to XL in that way until TSJ asks her to make the 15 year promise. It was after making that promise that she refuses to kiss XL for air underwater (even though, in the novel, she had no issue with it when she was WXL), and says her bit about him being someone who is not suitable to enter a young girl's dreams. 

In terms of trusting TSJ with other things... In chapter 33, XY finally starts to be more open and honest with TSJ about her feelings after their break up. She realizes that it was unfair to constantly test him and expect him to do everything for their relationship, and that they both needed to put in effort for their relationship to work. That gives TSJ hope and he explains that he realized that Tushan Zhen is not his son. XY starts to be open to giving TSJ another chance and they collaborate to expose the truth about Tushan Zhen's parentage. I thought that whole arc was an important turning point and bonding experience for them.

Later, TSJ is the one that takes her to Gao Xing to learn the truth about her parents. On that trip, XY is generally pretty open and honest about her feelings, and TSJ is by her side when she finally learns the truth and gets closure. I felt like XY trusted TSJ at that point with everything except certain XL-related details, but IMO she didn't even trust herself with some of those, so it would be hard to expect her to be open with TSJ about them. 

The conversation that I highlighted where XY lied but then quickly admitted the truth to TSJ gives me some confidence that she will trust and be honest with TSJ about everything XL-related in time. 

@AH: I think you hit it spot on! I think some drama viewers may be dissatisfied with XY and TSJ's relationship because yes, by the end of season 1, their story is not yet complete. Up until season 2, TSJ has been the one more willing to give and do more for their relationship - but even then, it's still a bit of mess (not that I blame him - sheesh what a family he has!). One of the arcs I really enjoyed from the 2nd half of the novel was XY and TSJ working TOGETHER to find out the truth and mend their relationship.

Hoping to see the rest of their story played out on screen. I also find TSJ and XL's relationship really intriguing too.

Sunbath12:
One of the arcs I really enjoyed from the 2nd half of the novel was XY and TSJ working TOGETHER to find out the truth and mend their relationship.

Hoping to see the rest of their story played out on screen.

Yes I really hope they do that arc justice in the drama. I'm worried they might not since it sort of involves XY seducing Hou and I feel like they might end up sanitizing that... but hopefully not. It was a good demonstration of TSJ's willingness to trust XY.

Sunbath12:
I also find TSJ and XL's relationship really intriguing too.

Yes! I really hope they stop adding scenes that make it seem like they're rivals and enemies in the drama and give us more scenes with them as allies who respect and even appreciate each other. 

Noush:

It sold! Silver hair with 9 fox tails. Wow! Hope they would live happily far from the madding crowd ( and gossipy fans :))) what about the daughter? 

Don’t hate me, I agree, It’s still safer to inherit abilities that XY got and not the hair.

They will be living Far From The Madding Crowd...Hehe yes their kids should have other abilities too of course ..from both parents (it's all cool....The abilities XY get from XL as well as Nine Tail fox tracking and luring  abilities) .. the daughter should. .hmm look sweet gentle but have fierce nature like her mom. I prefer it when daughters appearance look like their dad but their nature get from mother..but that's just me :)....

cometawatcher:

@AH

I've always felt that XY never truly trusted TSJ with her personal issues. She never confided him her past. He only knew of her past after her identity came out and she told with him with CX present. Even after everything that happened between her and XL, she never told him. She entered a marriage with him not knowing everything, or he might have known but certainly not from her. 

Guess I never really pay attention to trusting issues much. I felt it that  she was like not wanting to talk about her past much and situation makes it unnecessary.  However, I have a feeling she does realizes her attachment to him somehow and want to rely on him yet she can't fully give in because of what had happened to her in the past and she doesn't want to get hurt or disappointed again . But their overall relationship to me was a slow burn (although light romance exists since early on). She bonds with him stronger and stronger as time went by. 

@AH

Yep. ..you said everything I want to say too. And yep frenemy definetly said about Yaoliu relationship. Love the word.❤️

I’ve noticed ZX was low key battling with Jing for XY, but never made it too obvious…even tho Jing may have had his suspicions at first, he thought ZX was being overprotective cos XY was heartbroken about their breakup…not until Jing asked for XY’s hand in marriage & ZX was acting weird. Even Hou wanting to battle to death, Jing knew Hou couldn’t have gathered such powerful forces unless someone helped him, but still has to battle with Hou,knowing things might go south. So yeah I get why ZX lost XY in the end.

Romans_Revenge:

I’ve noticed ZX was low key battling with Jing for XY, but never made it too obvious…even tho Jing may have had his suspicions at first, he thought ZX was being overprotective cos XY was heartbroken about their breakup…not until Jing asked for XY’s hand in marriage & ZX was acting weird. Even Hou wanting to battle to death, Jing knew Hou couldn’t have gathered such powerful forces unless someone helped him, but still has to battle with Hou,knowing things might go south. So yeah I get why ZX lost XY in the end.

Hmmm....I think ZX is hardcore in dealing matters. In emotion he's known to keep them very well. So not everyone notice, even Jing I guess. But ZX hurt XY several times even if they turn out well in the end..such actions for me intolarable..such as making her reputation go bad and spreading news about who's her father was. And including invading Haoling/Gao Zing.Because we can see XY loves King of Haoling still.  But Jing case was the hardest one. I think it s very inconsiderate of him on XY feelings.  So I dont actually feel that bad that XY left him in the end. Or else she will never leave him.  We have our ideal man hehehhe . I guess I prefer gentle handling in matter and considerate in feelings.  That's why I am very biased on Tu Shang Jing. ?

@Winny Aye

Offcourse what he did was unforgivable & kept trying to convince himself what he did was the best for XY, not knowing he hurt her brutally. ZX said Jing is difficult to read, cos you never know what he’s thinking,whiles FL is easy to read so he’s easy to control. ZX has always been envious of XY & Jing’s love cos that’s something he’s always yearned for but can’t get. He thought he helped push XY in Jing’s arms, not knowing she’s had feelings for him back in Qingshui town & made a promise to him in prison even before he knew she was XY.

Regarding XY sharing her past with XL, I think that’s what made their bond special. It was a more carefree bond where there weren’t the same kind of  expectations compared to her relationship with Jing. She is more guarded with Jing because she considered him as a potential partner but held back everything because she wasn’t open to giving and waited it out while testing him each time. But that doesn’t mean she doesn’t love him and I believe that trust grew as the story progresses and will continue on even after their marriage. Their relationship is one where they healed each other’s insecurities and traumas.

With ZX, his actions were more extreme and ruthless as his selfish desire consumed him as the story progressed. It’s interesting how he told FL (when FL was dying) that he was the only one ZX was willing to marry XY to. I know part of it is because he can control FL (unlike Jing), and that the marriage alliance would also benefit him, but I believe it was also because he knew XY didn’t love FL. If she did love him, I’m not sure if ZX would still be as willing. ZX does realize that his actions hurt XY in the end (no different in how she was hurt by other men like Jing). He lost her. 

Side note - what happened to the flower in the drama that ZX gave to XY where he thought she was “asleep” (before he was made emperor)? Lol does she give it back to him? Because he shouldn’t have given it to her at that point

@Sssnoopy

ZX does realize that his actions hurt XY in the end (no different in how she was hurt by other men like Jing). He lost her.

They hurt her in different ways i guess. But I still consider ZX is more inconsiderate of XY still. If because if Jing hurt her in the same way. I would never be happy they end up together. .? i somehow understand what u are saying but it somehow tickle me...told u. .Im Jing bias... 

Winny Aye:

@Sssnoopy

ZX does realize that his actions hurt XY in the end (no different in how she was hurt by other men like Jing). He lost her.

They hurt her in different ways i guess. But I still consider ZX is more inconsiderate of XY still. If because if Jing hurt her in the same way. I would never be happy they end up together. .? i somehow understand what u are saying but it somehow tickle me...told u. .Im Jing bias... 

Oh for sure, Jing would never do those things. His actions were unintentional (the whole drama with his grandma and FFYY). Just meant that ZX didn’t realize his mistake til it was too late. Losing her was the cost of his selfish choices.

Sssnoopyyy:

Oh for sure, Jing would never do those things. His actions were unintentional (the whole drama with his grandma and FFYY). Just meant that ZX didn’t realize his mistake til it was too late. Losing her was the cost of his selfish choices.

Yes i get it now. ZY never actually realize that things he did hurt XY until he made an enormous one. But i guess we all feel and sympathize for his loss at the end  although he sort of deserve it. The idea of uniting 3 kingdoms in overall is good . i guess his intention is to make all 3 live in peace and no more war. I could be wrong..its novel that need rereading. He's a good emperor but maybe not meant to success in love life. he could not accept that. Thats where things go wrong.

Today I was a video from one youtube a man talking about how arts and marketing business are related subject ... by that TSJ came to my mind ...lol i wish they show about TS family business and Jing talent more. He's very good business dealer and excellent artist. I come to interest in Nine Tailed Fox and their alluring business dealing myth . But then i understand that he' s only one ml out of 3 . So yep....

Winny Aye:

Today I was a video from one youtube a man talking about how arts and marketing business are related subject ... by that TSJ came to my mind ...lol i wish they show about TS family business and Jing talent more. He's very good business dealer and excellent artist. I come to interest in Nine Tailed Fox and their alluring business dealing myth . But then i understand that he' s only one ml out of 3 . So yep....

Feel u, that'd be me as well, TSJ would spring to mind ??? ??

Sssnoopyyy:

Yes Jing would never. I feel so upset every time I remember his family's betrayal most esp her beloved grandma...?️?