Kokuto:
So, do you still think it means a reunion and things are lining up better?  Maybe Chubby means XL isn't in the episodes?  He's flying XL around off camera?

No... there are no scenes with Furball in Eps8-9 based on the script. The closest is the script's Ep10, where mini Furball was perched on a tree branch beside Xiang Liu who was drinking wine and toasting to the distance to Xiao Liu being reunited with Shi Qi.

Kokuto:
I will never get over ZWY putting a smiley face on his calendar for seeing XY's wedding ruined.  LOL   Reminds me of the cast interviews they did and he called Jing  (DW) a scumbag, while DW was sitting one seat down, on the other side of YZ.  LMAO!!!

I know right? The mock rivalry that continued in the cast interviews are hilarious! And in interviews, he said that Cang Xuan should have killed Jing earlier LOL.

Kokuto:
I have NO idea about the pouch.

I finally figured it out. He saw Xiao Yao embroidering a pouch for Jing for his medicines, and demanded that Xiao Yao made him one too, which she did, inside which she put pills to ward off poisons.

Kokuto:
I guess that's what the white lotus means, but you'd have thought she would have put the globe there too.

Yes, which is why I am not certain. Seeing the fact that the drama deviates somewhat from the script, perhaps there are additional symbolic items in the revised script that would is tied to white flowers/lotuses. The only other thing I can think of is the lotus stalk with two flowers - one red, one white, that we saw during her wedding to Feng Long. In the novel, the two lotuses were red, but the drama changed one of the lotus to white. There are theories that the change was a reference to Xiang Liu, who is symbolised by the white lotus. Either way, the wedding should only take place in Eps 6-7, so that theory doesn't seem to hold water. No idea...

Kokuto:
And I realized there was a scene in the trailer of XY crawling in the snow in pain

Yup. And we can see the glow of the bugs on her chest in that scene.

You know, the new trailer has multiple blood-coughing scenes - Xiang Liu (at the final battle?), Feng Long (after being poisoned by Xiang Liu's arrow), Xiao Yao (poisoning herself in the dream sequence), and Jing (getting more ill before Xiao Yao comes back from Qingshui Town and heals him). I wonder whether there will be one for Cang Xuan? I doubt it...

liddi:
No... there are no scenes with Furball in Eps8-9 based on the script. The closest is the script's Ep10, where mini Furball was perched on a tree branch beside Xiang Liu who was drinking wine and toasting to the distance to Xiao Liu being reunited with Shi Qi.

ugh.  I feel like XY's mom.  "Why him?"  Man, I'd have loved it XL was there too and met her mom.  I guess I'll just console myself with the Daddy Emperor and Ru Shou matchmaking scheme, even if it didn't pan out.

I guess I better enjoy this week.  I suspect there will be less of XL next week.

liddi:
I know right? The mock rivalry that continued in the cast interviews are hilarious! And in interviews, he said that Cang Xuan should have killed Jing earlier LOL.

Yes!  I  LMAO at that too.  YES!!!!  CX, why didn't you kill Jing earlier???  So many 'what if?' opportunities, completely missed.

ZHY really had a good time with that.  And IIRC, him and DW actually got along the best amongst the guys.  Maybe cause they had the most scenes together and  I think they are the closest in age.  When I think about it, Tan Jian Ci didn't really have alot of scenes with the guys.  He was mostly with Yang Zi.  

liddi:
I finally figured it out. He saw Xiao Yao embroidering a pouch for Jing for his medicines, and demanded that Xiao Yao made him one too, which she did, inside which she put pills to ward off poisons.

Oh, cool.  That makes sense. 

liddi:
Yes, which is why I am not certain. Seeing the fact that the drama deviates somewhat from the script, perhaps there are additional symbolic items in the revised script that would is tied to white flowers/lotuses. The only other thing I can think of is the lotus stalk with two flowers - one red, one white, that we saw during her wedding to Feng Long. In the novel, the two lotuses were red, but the drama changed one of the lotus to white. There are theories that the change was a reference to Xiang Liu, who is symbolised by the white lotus. Either way, the wedding should only take place in Eps 6-7, so that theory doesn't seem to hold water. No idea...

Hmmm.  I don't know.  It just seems that the most obvious one would be the globe.  Or even a red dress, which would have worked for either XL or Feng Long.  I guess we'll find out soon.

liddi:
Yup. And we can see the glow of the bugs on her chest in that scene.

You know, the new trailer has multiple blood-coughing scenes - Xiang Liu (at the final battle?), Feng Long (after being poisoned by Xiang Liu's arrow), Xiao Yao (poisoning herself in the dream sequence), and Jing (getting more ill before Xiao Yao comes back from Qingshui Town and heals him). I wonder whether there will be one for Cang Xuan? I doubt it...

We must watch for the Lovers Bug glow very carefully this season.

I was stunned by all the blood spitting scenes.  The montage of them was very effective.  Shocking, but effective.

Shouldn't CX also have been poisoned?  Even in the dream?

Kokuto:
ugh.  I feel like XY's mom.  "Why him?"  Man, I'd have loved it XL was there too and met her mom.

Actually, the scene where Shao Hao brings her to pay her respects to her parents only takes place during the Xuan Yuan-Gao Xin war, which would probably only happen some time next week if not later.

Per the script, Xiang Liu paid his respects alone on a separate visit before Shao Hao and Xiao Yao went.

From what I can see, there are still a good number of Xiang Liu scenes to look forward to after this week.

Kokuto:
Yes!  I  LMAO at that too.  YES!!!!  CX, why didn't you kill Jing earlier???  So many 'what if?' opportunities, completely missed.

ZHY really had a good time with that.  And IIRC, him and DW actually got along the best amongst the guys.  Maybe cause they had the most scenes together and  I think they are the closest in age.  When I think about it, Tan Jian Ci didn't really have alot of scenes with the guys.  He was mostly with Yang Zi.  

LOL! Yes ZWY had a good time doling out a healthy dose of ribbing as far as Jing and DW was concerned! And I noticed too that both of them get along well... remember in Hi!6 when they got to try the exotic street food with the insects, worms and whatnots? The moment he tried something tasty, he called out for DW to come and try it as well. It is really great to see the camaraderie among the cast.

Kokuto:
 It just seems that the most obvious one would be the globe.  Or even a red dress,

Yes. The mystery should be solved by tomorrow when Eps4-5 air.

Kokuto:
Shouldn't CX also have been poisoned?  Even in the dream?

Nope. In the leaked script, he was not even poisoned. She only poisoned her share of the poinciana flowers. So no blood-spitting, at least in that scene.

Perhaps he might have spit blood when she tried to stab him upon realising he was behind Jing's assassination. Again, it's all in the dream sequence.

Leaks of the scene at the gambling den:

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1810217705930395867

Just noticed it's already posted - thanks @Kokuto!

I wonder how they would clarify that she thought his answer referred to a "he" intead of a "she". We'll find out soon...

@all,

Do you know the reason why WeTV release their drama at very slow rate. LYF will be aired on VieON apps in Vietnam. below is the timetable

I guess this schedule is synchronised with WeTV (for VIP user)

Why do they release so little eps per week?

liddi:

Leaks of the scene at the gambling den:

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1810217705930395867

I wonder how they would clarify that she thought his answer referred to a "he" intead of a "she". We'll find out soon...

LOL!  We are surfing the same sites and accounts, liddi!

The subtitles say 'she' but I'm not sure what she heard?

Was this scene in the book?

H19279:
Do you know the reason why WeTV release their drama at very slow rate. LYF will be aired on VieON apps in Vietnam. below is the timetable

H19279:
I guess this schedule is synchronised with WeTV (for VIP user)

Why do they release so little eps per week?

I suspect that they are making money hand over fist and think they will make more money the longer it airs.  And by money, I mean ads.  They doubled their ads / endorsers in ONE day, from 30 to 60.

Also, this is the prime viewing time.  Every day this show runs and dominates in viewers and heat index, it robs the other platforms.  So, yes, they want to take up as much of the prime time.

Kokuto:

Nope - this is a drama-only addition. Per the script, she thought he meant "he" since the word "he" and "she" are pronounced the same way in Chinese. So she thought he meant Jing (I mean Hong Jiang)! 

Very curious to see how they translate this scene into the drama without relying on explanations. This scene would definitely be challenging for dubbed versions of the drama too.

H19279:

The schedule looks to be the same with Tencent, at least for week 1.

WeTV has scheduled to broadcast the drama from Mondays to Thursdays.

Still, it might be dependent on how Tencent broadcasts it. Tencent has not committed to any schedule after this Thursday. So perhaps if the drama is very well received, we might see it being broadcast even on Fridays to Sundays. 

liddi:

Nope - this is a drama-only addition. Per the script, she thought he meant "he" since the word "he" and "she" are pronounced the same way in Chinese. So she thought he meant Jing (I mean Hong Jiang)! 

Very curious to see how they translate this scene into the drama without relying on explanations. This scene would definitely be challenging for dubbed versions of the drama too.

The reason I ask, is that it pretty much points to the reason why XL asked XY "who do you want to spend your life with?"

grrrrrrrr Jing.

Kokuto:
The reason I ask, is that it pretty much points to the reason why XL asked XY "who do you want to spend your life with?"

Yes. It give an added reason why Xiang Liu would ask that question, since she slyly avoided giving a specific answer. 

She should have just answered "Lao Mu".

liddi:

Yes. It give an added reason why Xiang Liu would ask that question, since she slyly avoided giving a specific answer. 

She should have just answered "Lao Mu".

LOL!  Xiang Liu's head explodes.

The scene is starting to annoy me, cause they both were being truthful, but too coy.  If only they had just spoken plainly. :(

Kokuto:

Np

Kokuto:
LOL!  Xiang Liu's head explodes.

The scene is starting to annoy me, cause they both were being truthful, but too coy.  If only they had just spoken plainly. :(

Would it be better if she said "Butcher Gao"?

Yup. They should sign up for the communication classes that @HeadInTheClouds was planning to conduct, which would have saved them and us a lot of grief.