solarlunareclipse:
More snake in the grass in the trailer. You'd think her desolation was for Jing since it immediately flashed to the scene of Jing sinking in a pool of blood in the water, but no, Xiao Yao's desolation was for XL.

No - I was wrong. It is supposed to be Xiao Yao's frantic futile search for Jing after he was attacked at Qingshui Town.

LYF S2's airing schedule:

8 Jul - Eps1-3  (the lotus flower symbolising marriage - engagement to Feng Long?)

9 Jul - Eps 4-5  (Imperial decree - CX takes a queen, moving the capital to Zhi Yi?)

10 Jul - Eps 6-7 (the word 喜 broken in two - taken away from her wedding)

11 Jul - Eps 8-9  (red fish core - seduction and exposure of Hou and Yi Ying?)

Anyone care to decipher what the symbols representing each segment of episodes mean? My mind is not really working today after going cross-eyed with the Once Promised translation last night!

liddi:
I am thinking perhaps it was not a three-legged toad, which usually has a coin in its mouth (I can't see the toad clearly but it doesn't look that way)?

Agreed, it doesn't look like it has a coin in its mouth like a usual 金蟾 would.

liddi:
Toads are a symbol of prosperity, healing, fertility among others. Was Xiao Yao's clinic at Ying Province a fertility clinic, or just a regular clinic? 

Good point. Toads have both poison and fertility symbolism, which would be apt for XY's particular skillset. 

I also found this interesting little legend about Liu Hai's three-legged toad producing a pearl that could be swallowed to achieve immortality or to bring a dead person back to life. Which made me think of the possible properties of XY's tear-pearl that they added in the drama. 

liddi:
8 Jul - Eps1-3  (the lotus flower symbolising marriage - engagement to Feng Long?)

9 Jul - Eps 4-5  (Imperial decree - CX takes a queen, moving the capital to Zhi Yi?)

10 Jul - Eps 6-7 (the word 喜 broken in two - taken away from her wedding)

11 Jul - Eps 8-9  (red fish core - seduction and exposure of Hou and Yi Ying?)

Anyone care to decipher what the symbols representing each segment of episodes mean?

I think your guesses all make sense. 

I thought at first the red flower might represent the XY and Feng Long's wedding more than the engagement. From the scenes we've scene of XY and Feng Long's wedding day, it looks like Feng Long gave XY that type of flower on their wedding day - maybe when she arrived by boat before the ceremony? They are both fully decked out in her wedding attire. 

https://youtu.be/HCAcq5CCivo?si=LpGMHX0EAz6KX9fp&t=122

But if XL/FFB taking XY away from the wedding occurs in episode 6-7, then the flower for episodes 1-3 can't represent the wedding. 

Here we go.  Cause we all need more eyestrain ... JC-T Studio released their own LYF2 view schedule ... as a video.  His symbols are different and concern what we are all interested in.

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:5053855193563145?from=old_pc_videoshow

Wait, there might be a pic.  Let me see.

It looks like the dice, the crystal globe (omg), the broken bow and arrow, and Chubby.

Okay, if you look at ZWY's schedule, it has a smiley face on the 3rd day, when the wedding robbery takes place?  LOL!

https://i.mydramalist.com/pdzyp8_3f.jpg

And here's Yang Zi's schedule.  It has what looks like a wine jug, lotus?, snow and frozen tree, and flowers.

https://i.mydramalist.com/vXzVpe_3f.jpg

Kokuto:

Here we go.  Cause we all need more eyestrain ... JC-T Studio released their own LYF2 view schedule ... as a video.  His symbols are different and concern what we are all interested in.

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:5053855193563145?from=old_pc_videoshow

Wait, there might be a pic.  Let me see.

Dice = XY and FFB meeting at the gambling den?

Ice Crystal Globe = XY making it, sending it to XL, and XL receiving it?

Bow and Arrow = FFB taking XY away from her wedding with Feng Long?

Chubby = XL comforting XY about being Chi You's daughter before leaving?

Kokuto:
broken bow and arrow

Ah the string is broken! The end of FFB. Welp that's just heartbreaking. </3

My guesses..

8 Jul - Eps1-3  (dice - XY and FFB answering questions in the gambling den based on the roll of the die)

9 Jul - Eps 4-5  (crystal globe - no explanations needed)

10 Jul - Eps 6-7 (broken bow string and arrow - FFB's death)

11 Jul - Eps 8-9  (Furball - XL congratulating WXL-YSQ reunion with mini Furball by his side)

If my guess regarding Furball is correct, it means that Ep9 already covers the Ep10 of the leaked script. With an extra 2 episodes (23 episodes instead of 21), does it mean we get improved script and additional scenes? Please let it be so.

Kokuto:

It looks like the dice, the crystal globe (omg), the broken bow and arrow, and Chubby.

AH :

Ah the string is broken! The end of FFB. Welp that's just heartbreaking. </3

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Not what I wanted to read.

crying in the corner

Okay, I edited this in after you guys commented.  I think.

Okay, if you look at ZWY's schedule, it has a smiley face on the 3rd day, when the wedding robbery takes place?  LOL!

And here's Yang Zi's schedule.  It has what looks like a wine jug, lotus?, snow and frozen tree, and flowers.

Kokuto:

Zhang Wanyi's schedule

Eps1-3  (poinciana flower, crown - becoming king, seeing Xiao Yao at the poinciana forest in Shen Nong mountain)

Eps 4-5  (wine bottle and heart - getting drunk with Xiao Yao before she leaves for Haoling to prepare for her wedding)

Eps 6-7 (smiley face - pleased that the wedding didn't happen)

Eps 8-9  (pouch - the pouch Xiao Yao embroidered for him which contained pills to ward off poisons)

Kokuto:

Yang Zi's schedule

Eps1-3  (wine jar - getting drunk with Cang Xuan to celebrate his ascension to the throne)

Eps 4-5  (white flowers/lotus? - can't think what this is supposed to represent. The white lotus is symbolic of Xiang Liu, but I don't recall it being specifically tied to him in the drama/script. If it is Xiang Liu, is this supposed to refer to the appeal to him via the crystal globe?)

Eps 6-7 (snow and snow-covered trees - the one month at Qingshui Town after being taken away from the wedding)

Eps 8-9  (pink lotus - the flower Jing jumped into the lake to pluck for her during the Hou seduction period)

AH :
But if XL/FFB taking XY away from the wedding occurs in episode 6-7, then the flower for episodes 1-3 can't represent the wedding. 

I believe it is the Ruomu flower which Cang Xuan gave her just before he went to the prayer ceremony when he did not know if he would come out of it unscathed. When they celebrated his acscension to the throne, she returned the Ruomu flower back to him, saying she could not keep what is meant to be given to the woman he loved the most.

AH :
Good point. Toads have both poison and fertility symbolism, which would be apt for XY's particular skillset.

I also found this interesting little legend about Liu Hai's three-legged toad producing a pearl that could be swallowed to achieve immortality or to bring a dead person back to life. Which made me think of the possible properties of XY's tear-pearl that they added in the drama. 

Thank you - I was just thinking about how toads are symbolic of poison too. 

That is a fascinating symbolism about the pearl from the three-legged toad being linked to resurrection. In the novel, when Xiao Yao woke up, she thought how she was like a pearl hidden in his seashell during the 37 years. She is the pearl that he kept safe in the seashell brought back to life, and she in turn left him her tears, which was transformed into a pearl that he carried with him, just like how she was a part of his life every day for those 37 years.

AH :
I am lamenting the loss of that part. 

Likewise for me. I am just praying that the extra 2 episodes mean that scenes that were originally removed, would be adapted in the end. The changes in the 7-day wait, is hopefully a positive trend...

AH :
If I remember correctly from when you posted about this, I wasn't a huge fan of how it was handled in the script. But we'll see how it end up playing out on screen. 

Fingers crossed.

AH :
Totally compliant?

Hm. Is that the right word? Unlike the novel where he pushed temptress Xiao Yao away, here, he was in a daze and let her do what she wanted.

AH :
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, even if it's just a theory. ^^

It would appear that there is probably more character growth in Once Promised (I was not impressed with early Chi Chen, among others) than LYF. Anyway, let me ruminate on it when I am in full possession of everything in the novel.

liddi:
11 Jul - Eps 8-9 (Furball - XL congratulating WXL-YSQ reunion with mini Furball by his side)

If my guess regarding Furball is correct, it means that Ep9 already covers the Ep10 of the leaked script. With an extra 2 episodes (23 episodes instead of 21), does it mean we get improved script and additional scenes? Please let it be so.

So, do you still think it means a reunion and things are lining up better?  Maybe Chubby means XL isn't in the episodes?  He's flying XL around off camera?

liddi:
Eps 6-7 (smiley face - pleased that the wedding didn't happen)

Eps 8-9 (pouch - ?)

I will never get over ZWY putting a smiley face on his calendar for seeing XY's wedding ruined.  LOL   Reminds me of the cast interviews they did and he called Jing  (DW) a scumbag, while DW was sitting one seat down, on the other side of YZ.  LMAO!!!

I have NO idea about the pouch.

liddi:
Eps 4-5 (white flowers/lotus? - can't think what this is supposed to represent. The white lotus is symbolic of Xiang Liu, but I don't recall it being specifically tied to him in the drama/script. If it is Xiang Liu, is this supposed to refer to the appeal to him via the crystal globe?)

Eps 6-7 (snow and snow-covered trees - the one month at Qingshui Town after being taken away from the wedding)

Eps 8-9 (pink lotus - the flower Jing jumped into the lake to pluck for her during the Hou seduction period)

Ugh.  That jumping in the lake scene... 

I guess that's what the white lotus means, but you'd have thought she would have put the globe there too.

Yep. And I realized there was a scene in the trailer of XY crawling in the snow in pain, kind of like the scene in Season 1, where she was crawling in the snow towards CX trying to cover his body with hers and protect him from FFB's arrow.  Anyway, that's got to be the part where XL warns her not to reveal FFB is him, and he means it, then she feels that crippling pain.

Maybe it was in one of the other clips ...