mparthur:

Fang Feng Bei's mother loved her son very much so XL said he experienced the love of a mother for her son.  He gained and treasured that experience.

I guess that's true. He did say he experienced what a mother's love is through FFB.

madongsok:

you're right , until no there's nothing like that, perhaps till the end :(

He may not have received a warm hug from XY, but she was the solitary warmth he encountered on the path of his demise.

Kokuto:

@mparthur

Episode 14 turned my view on Xiang Liu: he is HOT,  SEXY, and MAJESTIC. Just like Qi Yo, Xiao Yao's biological father in Once Promised (ignore Qi Yo's haircut in the first few episodes of A Lifetime Love.  The hairstyle in the last few episodes makes Huang Xiao Ming so hot, sexy and majestic like Xiang Liu!) 

Oh wow.  I didn't know the actor playing Qi Yo in that series.  I'm watching Winter Begonias for JTC, who hasn't shown up yet, but Huang Xiao Ming is one of the leads, and yes, he's hot.  Can't wait to see him interact with JTC, now!

Winter Begonia is one of the earlier works from TJC, he played a supportive role, however his acting skill is super. It reminds me of the late Hong King actor Leslie Cheung. His bromance and chemistry with the ML is spot on. I really enjoy this drama a lot but it’s not very popular. Enjoy!

@AH

"No, the novel is explicit. In the epilogue, which is from XL's POV, he thinks to himself:  "

So it's all in the ending then. Everything will be revealed there.

AH :

This. Also in chapter 43 XY sort of forceably gets physical with him. Not exactly a warm hug, but it definitely showed that she cared.

Is this when they were underwater and XY tried to kiss him but XL avoided it?

My heart always weeps for Xiang Liu although he is the coolest character in the drama due to one reason: he has no money unlike TSJ and Chang Xuan.  He simply cannot afford luxuries unless he works part-time as a hired killer.

Megumi-H:

Winter Begonia is one of the earlier works from TJC, he played a supportive role, however his acting skill is super. It reminds me of the late Hong King actor Leslie Cheung. His bromance and chemistry with the ML is spot on. I really enjoy this drama a lot but it’s not very popular. Enjoy!

I'm up to Episode 6, and it was a slow build, but it's grabbed me now, even without JCT yet. The start of this episode, and Huang Xiao Ming's character has an epiphany about Shang Xi Rui, the opera singer, take on Consort Yang, and basically portrays what it is like to watch LYF and the actors.  I'll have to find the exact quote, because it's perfect.  And basically Huang's character sits in a daze, replaying the scenes in his mind over and over for days -- basically my life since this show began.  LOL!

But yes.  Definitely enjoying it.  Since it's a 30s era show, and the Chinese opera, it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the acting, the costumes and the story has captured my interest.

chase_kayden:

Arrrgh!  What is wrong with him?!?!  KISS HER!

chase_kayden:

No. There is a scene where XY tries to kiss XL for air and XL refuses her (the opposite of what happens earlier in the novel, but I don't remember which chapter it's in), but I'm referring to a scene on land where XL is badly injured and upset with XY and XY does a few things...

AH :

No. There is a scene where XY tries to kiss XL for air and XL refuses her (the opposite of what happens earlier in the novel, but I don't remember which chapter it's in), but I'm referring to a scene on land where XL is badly injured and upset with XY and XY does a few things...

And here I thought there was going to be nothing for me to wail and gnash my teeth over in Season 2.

Kokuto:

And here I thought there was going to be nothing for me to wail and gnash my teeth over in Season 2.

If they include everything from the novel there is so much YaoLiu angst left. Chapter 32 (after the wedding, which I expect might be where S1 cuts off). Chapter 43 (one of my favourites). Chapter 46. Chapter 48. Chapter 51. And the epilogue. Plus a few bits in other chapters. 

But I'm not sure everything will be included. There were already things that were cut or not fully conveyed in the first 30 episodes.

Fei Fei aka Jiu Jiu brings Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu together.

Furball aka Chubby- is it a descendant of Qi Yo's condor?

Xiang Liu's demeanour resembles Qi Yo.

AH :

If they include everything from the novel there is so much YaoLiu angst left. Chapter 32 (after the wedding, which I expect might be where S1 cuts off). Chapter 43 (one of my favourites). Chapter 46. Chapter 48. Chapter 51. And the epilogue. Plus a few bits in other chapters. 

But I'm not sure everything will be included. There were already things that were cut or not fully conveyed in the first 30 episodes.

Thank goodness.  I know I'm being greedy, given how much time XL had in Season 1, but call me a glutton, I want MORE!

mparthur:

Fei Fei aka Jiu Jiu brings Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu together.

Furball aka Chubby- is it a descendant of Qi Yo's condor?

Xiang Liu's demeanour resembles Qi Yo.

Could they be the same condor?

Also Fei Fei bringing them together should of been our first hint of how their relationship was going to go ... and the pain!

Kokuto:

Could they be the same condor?

Also Fei Fei bringing them together should of been our first hint of how their relationship was going to go ... and the pain!

Spot on.  Fei Fei only responds to sorrow.   XL dies in the end.   XY ends up with TSJ.  The moral of the story is it's best to be with someone who is not so involved with the imperial court and military.