AH :
I feel like the crack alt ending needs to be updated then. Two soldiers from the remnant army survive the final battle. They run away in a giant, white clam shell and explore the vast ocean together. After many decades, they find themselves exploring the beaches of a far away land called Brazil... ^^

I'm trying not to deviate too much from the story. Gotta keep the world-building almost intact and consistent hahah

AH :
Well that's not very binge friendly. And I feel like those last few episodes wouldn't be good to watch one-per day. I skipped through most of episode 23 (the villains spend so much time explaining themselves). I'd look for those episodes on another site.

Yes, it's a bummer. But I wouldn't be able to binge-watch anyway, not enough hours in a day. I'm on episode 21, so only 3 more to go :)

blabla100:
This to me feels more natural, more like her, so much different than the lifestyle she shares with Jing. It's conflicting, because as I said, I am reading something, but I am seeing something else. I don't know how to explain exactly, it's just that it doesn't seem right to me. I haven't finished the whole novel, but up till now the happiest I have seen her was when she îs around XL/FFB, but yet at the end of the day the author îs still telling us that she îs în fact longing for Jing and/or the lifestyle that Jing gives her.

Like I said before in the main comment section a while ago, I don't find Jing and XY's relationship convincing because all the "couple" moments are given to XL. The ocean dates, the bow and arrow training, exploring all the places in Xuan Yuan castle, shopping together and XY asking XL/FFB advice on what to buy, and their heart-to-heart conversations. After observing their conversations and comparing them, to me Jing doesn't understand XY like XL can.

I can only recall one time XY and Jing went on a "date" in the novel and that was when they were climbing the trees and Jing had this item that could make a web for them to lie down on (AH please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't remember which chapter it was lol). It kinda reminded me of the scene in Spider-Man 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQieQLDekgo Not as romantic as the ocean dates in my opinion.

Elise:
Like I said before in the main comment section a while ago, I don't find Jing and XY's relationship convincing because all the "couple" moments are given to XL. The ocean dates, the bow and arrow training, exploring all the places in Xuan Yuan castle, shopping together and XY asking XL/FFB advice on what to buy, and their heart-to-heart conversations. After observing their conversations and comparing them, to me Jing doesn't understand XY like XL can.

I guess the point is not to be too convincing. It's just to make us feel heartbroken. If I were a firm Jing stan, I must confess I'd have a hard time sticking to my conviction. Other than him being sweet and good and all those pretty adjectives often thrown around (and confessing to her early on), there's not much else. But what do I know?

Elise:
I can only recall one time XY and Jing went on a "date" in the novel and that was when they were climbing the trees and Jing had this item that could make a web for them to lie down on (AH please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought their spider-silk tree-top hammock bed scene was cute ^^ That moment happens during their trip where TSJ takes XY back to Gao Xing. XY is upset about being Qi Yo's daughter, so TSJ takes her to see the King of Gao Xing because he's the only living person left who can tell XY about her parents. Which I thought was insightful on TSJ's part. I would describe that part of the novel as a trip that XY and TSJ take together, rather than a single date. That trip is extremely important (XY ends up getting to meet her mother and her father's spirit) and gives XY major closure. 

That's reflective of most of XY and TSJ's romantic interactions. While XL typically takes XY on dates that are as short as an afternoon or as long as a few days, TSJ and XY tend to spend longer periods of time together. For example, XY moves into Feng Long's father's residence for six months and she uses learning to play the zither as an excuse to see TSJ every day while she's there. Each one of those "lessons" is sort of like a date. There's also Qi Yo's bamboo house, which TSJ rediscovers. TSJ and XY make that their meeting place where they get together while TSJ is still married to FFYY, since they can't exactly go on a shopping date in town. 

After FFYY's "death", TSJ and XY are engaged for over 40 years. During that time, XY is very busy working on medical texts, and TSJ visits XY and the Yellow Emperor regularly if not daily. It's very domestic.

There are probably a few more "date" interactions in the novel that I'm forgetting, but those are the one's that come to mind off the top of my head. 

nathsketch:

I guess the point is not to be too convincing. It's just to make us feel heartbroken. If I were a firm Jing stan, I must confess I'd have a hard time sticking to my conviction. Other than him being sweet and good and all those pretty adjectives often thrown around (and confessing to her early on), there's not much else. But what do I know? 

Jing reminds me of a puppy that follows her around and says yes to her all the time. He reminds me of a malewife especially in the beginning (NOT THAT THAT'S A BAD THING). It's just not my preference 😅 Just watch the Jing fans read this thread and shaking their head at me lol

AH :
TSJ and XY tend to spend longer periods of time together. For example, XY moves into Feng Long's father's residence for six months and she uses learning to play the zither as an excuse to see TSJ every day while she's there. Each one of those "lessons" is sort of like a date. There's also Qi Yo's bamboo house, which TSJ rediscovers. TSJ and XY make that their meeting place where they get together while TSJ is still married to FFYY, since they can't exactly go on a shopping date in town.

After FFYY's "death", TSJ and XY are engaged for over 40 years. During that time, XY is very busy working on medical texts, and TSJ visits XY and the Yellow Emperor regularly if not daily. It's very domestic.

I don't really see those as dates since they're just staying inside the house :/

It's very domestic. I just wish they had at least 1 scene after they were finally engaged where they went outside and had a special date... then maybe I might've the found the relationship a bit convincing.

Well în a way, I see XY's relation to XL and Jing the same way I see CX's relation to XY (XL) and AhNian (Jing) . He loves and wants both, but for different reasons.

Definetely domestic dates, all the romantic deep scenes were given to XL and I doubt it was by mistake. 

Elise:

Jing reminds me of a puppy that follows her around and says yes to her all the time. He reminds me of a malewife especially in the beginning (NOT THAT THAT'S A BAD THING). It's just not my preference 😅 Just watch the Jing fans read this thread and shaking their head at me lol

Hahahahaha we've been found out. Our cover is blown, abort the operation! Everyone, retreat!

blabla100:

Well în a way, I see XY's relation to XL and Jing the same way I see CX's relation to XY (XL) and AhNian (Jing) . He loves and wants both, but for different reasons.

Definetely domestic dates, all the romantic deep scenes were given to XL and I doubt it was by mistake. 

idk why but reading this comparison makes me feel better lol. 

Yes, I think all the romantic deep scenes were given to XL so that we feel maximum grief when we see his end 😣

Also, off topic but when I first found out Ah Nian married Xuan I was disgusted. But then I read the novel, it didn't gross me out at all and they're not blood related. It solved a major problem and at least Ah Nian is way better than Xing Yue lol.

nathsketch:

Hahahahaha we've been found out. Our cover is blown, abort the operation! Everyone, retreat!

I'm trying so hard not to look at the other thread :|

Elise:
He reminds me of a malewife especially in the beginning (NOT THAT THAT'S A BAD THING). It's just not my preference 😅

This YaoJing fan posted about how intensely female-coded TSJ's character traits and story line are, which I thought was interesting:

https://dangermousie.tumblr.com/post/725668275826081792/seriously-i-have-read-a-dozen-web-novels-with

https://dangermousie.tumblr.com/post/724502746317930496/i-swear-to-god-every-time-they-switch-to-jings

https://dangermousie.tumblr.com/post/724278194713280512/i-am-honestly-melting-he-honestly-is-the

Definitely not a bad thing, but not everyone's cup of tea ^^ She was definitely into it. 

Elise:

I don't really see those as dates since they're just staying inside the house :/

It's very domestic. I just wish they had at least 1 scene after they were finally engaged where they went outside and had a special date... then maybe I might've the found the relationship a bit convincing. 

I didn't feel like I needed to see TSJ take XY on the same kind of dates that XL/FFB took her on to appreciate their romance. I felt like they still had plenty of romantic moments without them. They certainly had more kisses.

blabla100:

In some ways it's almost the other way around. I'm particularly thinking of FFB. CX initially became close with Ah Nian because he treats her like a proxy for XY after she disappears. He couldn't be with XY so he doted on Ah Nian instead. And of course then he genuinely came to care for her. 

XY initially starts to hang out with FFB when she couldn't be with TSJ. XY was in the capital of Xuan Yuan and TSJ was in the Middle Plains with his family and FFYY. XY was lonely, which I'm sure XL felt, and XL probably also wanted to spend time with her. The novel specifies that one of the reasons that XY agrees to hang out with FFB initially is because she hopes that it will make TSJ jealous. That's how their companionship begins. Later on, XY obviously comes to appreciate FFB and isn't thinking about making TSJ jealous any more.  

Later still (after TSJ is forced to marry FFYY / when XY knows that FFB is XL) FFB tends to show up to take XY on special outings when XY is feeling particularly lonely or heartbroken over TSJ. To over simplify it, when XY can't be with TSJ, XL/FBB cheers her up and accompanies her instead. 

blabla100:

If you had said "all the romantic deep sea scenes were given to XL" I'd agree with this ^^

Elise:

I'm trying so hard not to look at the other thread :|

It's all DW stuff right now.

I feel like all of my posts in this thread recently have been defending TSJ and all my recent posts in the TSJ thread have been defending XL. 

AH :

It's all DW stuff right now.

That's not too bad. He's so much better just being himself instead of being TSJ hahahah

AH :
This YaoJing fan posted about how intensely female-coded TSJ's character traits and story line are, which I thought was interesting:

https://dangermousie.tumblr.com/post/725668275826081792/seriously-i-have-read-a-dozen-web-novels-with

https://dangermousie.tumblr.com/post/724502746317930496/i-swear-to-god-every-time-they-switch-to-jings

https://dangermousie.tumblr.com/post/724278194713280512/i-am-honestly-melting-he-honestly-is-the

Definitely not a bad thing, but not everyone's cup of tea ^^ She was definitely into it.

Ahh yes, that explains it. Big no-no for me. Good to have some reasoning behind it all. Even his face is sometimes prettier than Yang Zi's 👀