Oh wow there was a special screening for some fans and the response was positive? 

I just checked Weibo and saw clips for some of the main leads i.e. Ah Nian and it verifies that the leaked script is legit - we get the scene between AN and her father before marrying CX. I also saw a clip of TSJ and XY talking about how they miss QingShui Town and walk off together (this will be towards the end).

Aiyyyyyyyyy so the leaked script is real! 

liddi:
If the scene indeed has Xiang Liu wearing red as he watches her 7-day wait, I don't believe he was wearing red for the sake of wanting to take her away and marrying her. Rather, my take is that he wanted to accept her plea but knew he could not do so, and this was his quiet, unseen response to her plea - that in a different time, different situation, he wanted to and would have married her. As it is, he could only accompany her vain wait in wedding robes that represented all of their reciprocal love and longing, but could never come to pass.

Although that still feels a little bit out of character for novel!XL, it feels a lot closer to the mark.

And for drama!XL, it actually feels pretty in character.  If this is how it ends up being portrayed, I think I'll be okay with it.

WeTV announced that S2 has 23 episodes!

Extra scenes that fixes the issues in the script, please?

AH :

Although that still feels a little bit out of character for novel!XL, it feels a lot closer to the mark.

And for drama!XL, it actually feels pretty in character.  If this is how it ends up being portrayed, I think I'll be okay with it.

A fan who attended the pre-screening at the IMAX theatre wrote on Weibo that what they saw was very heartwrenching,  but the drama made it even clearer than the novel that YaoLiu had reciprocal love. Another said that when Xiang Liu appeared on screen, the whole theatre was in an uproar from excitement.  Apparently those who went signed NDA so they could not provide too much specifics. 

Now more than ever, I can't wait for S2 to air.

Sssnoopyyy:
Oh wow there was a special screening for some fans and the response was positive?

I just checked Weibo and saw clips for some of the main leads i.e. Ah Nian and it verifies that the leaked script is legit - we get the scene between AN and her father before marrying CX. I also saw a clip of TSJ and XY talking about how they miss QingShui Town and walk off together (this will be towards the end).

Oh, the leaked script should be genuine, but apparently, there are indications that scenes have been changed. From the looks of it, the 7-day wait by the ocean was also changed - in the script, there was never any mention of Xiang Liu, and Xiao Yao was wearing white. Based on what fans are saying, both Xiao Yao and Xiang Liu are in that scene, both wearing red. So I am hoping that changes are done for the better.

Sssnoopyyy:

Yes, they announced it after the airing date was dropped.  There would be two advanced screening, and fans could win tickets by doing activities or something.

Wasn't the scene with A Nian and her father in the book?  It's like 95 to 100 F here daily now, and I feel like my brain is fried.

Ugh.  Jing and XY at the end.  Nope, nope, nope.

Dare to hope that the supposed epilogue with the house from QS's town that XL built for them is also real? That epilogue has been online for 2 days I believe, maybe people got it from the pre screening too? 

HeadInTheClouds:

OK, ladies. Some apparent spoilers for Season 2. Read at your ơn risk.

The source supposedly a special screening of episode 5 of Season 2. The scene where XY waited for XL on the beach, she wore red. At the same time, XL is sitting in their seashell staring at the Crystal Ball. He is also wearing red.  They are giving us crumbs because they are f-ing everything else up. 

Woaaw Daebak... I remember the article that discussed this. Turns out it's true.

AH :
Yeah, as far as I can recall, she was never able to sense the bug in XL unless he allowed her to (e.g., when he used it to call her in chapter 8).

This is certainly true in Fangfeng Bei's case, when she did not know who he really was. 

When they first planted the Lovers bug, there were totally no barriers between them and Xiao Liu felt the beating of Xiang Liu's heart so clearly.

Xiao Liu tightly clasped the walnut in his palm and started chanting, summoning the bug in his own body.

After some time, Xiao Liu felt his own heart start to beat wildly, and incredibly he could feel another heart beating as well. The two hearts were like long-lost friends who were reunited, beating in response to each other. Xiao Liu hesitantly reached out his hand and put it on Xiang Liu’s chest. It was indeed Xiang Liu’s heart.

-- Vol 1 Ch7

Prior to the reveal of Fangfeng Bei's real identity, Xiao Yao could not explain her sense of familiarity over Fangfeng Bei, except that it was instinctive - and this was even before he started teaching her archery.  Although logically she thought he could not be Xiang Liu, the sense of familiarity could only have been from her own body's instinctive recognition of Xiang Liu. 

Every detail pointed to Fangfeng Bei not being Xiang Liu. Sons of powerful families such as Fangfeng Bei would be known by many people so there was no way for Xiang Liu to impersonate him. Yet Xiao Yao felt he was familiar even though that sense of familiarity could not be analysed rationally or put to words. It was just an instinctive feeling that her body felt.
:
She saw Fangfeng Bei on a winged horse, standing at the end of the street. It was dark so she could not clearly see who the person on the winged horse was but her instinct told her he was there.

-- Vol 1 Ch15

Throughout that time, she never got a response from the bug because Xiang Liu suppressed the bugs' reaction towards her. Based on what we know from how the bugs responded when they were planted, I can only imagine that he continued to suppress its response to her from that moment on to the end, except for times when he clearly wanted her to feel it, or when he was involuntarily affected:

The seashell was very large and even if two people laid inside, it was not cramped at all. While she was unconscious, she slept here for thirty-seven years with Xiang Liu, was that equivalent to sleeping in the same bed and sharing the same pillow? Those two merpeople saw the seashell as their love nest, how did Xiang Liu view this seashell?

Xiao Yao suddenly felt her mind racing with all kinds of thoughts, and her face burned as her heart sped up.

The realisation left her secretly dismayed. She could control her expressions and reactions, but she could not control her heartbeat. Sure enough, Xiang Liu sensed it immediately and looked over at her. Xiao Yao quickly said, “I’m hungry! So hungry that I’m flustered!”

Xiao Yao’s face was as red as the burning sunset so she tried hard to force her eyes wide open and stare at Xiang Liu. His heartbeat quickened a few times. Just as Xiao Yao sensed it, it was gone just like that and she thought she must have imagined it because she was in a panic.

-- Vol 2 Ch9  (Chapter 26)

When she crossed paths with the richly dressed man, it was at first an unplanned meeting on the streets, not somewhere he was meeting Jing, so he could not have planned for her to be there and catch sight of him. As such, it is possible that his guard was down and she was so in tune with him that she instinctively sensed his presence: 

One day Xiao Yao left the medical clinic, chatting with Miao Pu as they walked.

It was almost dark and the street was filled with people rushing home to their families. For some unknown reason, Xiao Yao spotted a richly dressed man at a glance in the sea of people. She kept staring at the man but he did not even glance at her. They passed each other by and the man continued on his way straight ahead while Xiao Yao gradually stopped, turning back to look at him.

Miao Pu asked curiously, “What did my lady see?”

Xiao Yao stood there in a daze for a moment before suddenly rushing off after the man but with so many people on the street she could not find him anymore. Refusing to give up, she continued to run while searching around everywhere.

Not knowing what had happened, Miao Pu followed Xiao Yao closely, asking, “What is my lady looking for?”

“I… I… don’t know either.” Xiao Yao was not lying to Miao Pu, she genuinely did not know.

-- Vol 3 Ch5  (Chapter 38)

I guess going based on this, I would then imagine that in the drama, he deliberately suppressed the Lovers bugs, so that Xiao Yao would have no idea it was him at the time.

liddi:
but the drama made it even clearer than the novel that YaoLiu had reciprocal love.

That does sound hopeful.

liddi:
Chapter

Thank you for collecting those excerpts and translating them!

blabla100:

Dare to hope that the supposed epilogue with the house from QS's town that XL built for them is also real? That epilogue has been online for 2 days I believe, maybe people got it from the pre screening too? 

I think the screening was today, so I wouldn't think so.  Also, that doesn't sound like Tan Jian Ci's voice to me, and it's got a big editing watermark on it.  Plus, there's no new footage.  It's all stuff we've seen before.

Kokuto:

I think the screening was today, so I wouldn't think so.  Also, that doesn't sound like Tan Jian Ci's voice to me, and it's got a big editing watermark on it.  Plus, there's no new footage.  It's all stuff we've seen before.

Yeah, I know the video is fake, but I kinda hope that the text is real. Guess we will soon find out anyway, a few more days to go.  To me it does sound like tan jian ci's voice, but I don't know, I find it hard to make such an edit, but I don' t know how technology works nowadays, lol. If it's a fan edit, than again, it was made by someone who knew that the ending is in QS's town and knows chinese, since the vocals are in chinese. 

I guess I am the only one, but I  have the impression that by the end of the scene, WXL kinda did sense that the woman on the boat was XL.  Also,  IMO it was easier for XY to spot XL later on because their feelings grow even more, a baby tiger is not the same as a hundred years tiger.

blabla100:

Yeah, I know the video is fake, but I kinda hope that the text is real. Guess we will soon find out anyway, a few more days to go.  To me it does sound like tan jian ci's voice, but I don't know, I find it hard to make such an edit, but I don' t know how technology works nowadays, lol. If it's a fan edit, than again, it was made by someone who knew that the ending is in QS's town and knows chinese, since the vocals are in chinese. 

Well, I couldn't make one, that's for sure!  I'd be so easily distracted and gripped by indecision about which frame to choose.  The voice is probably the easiest thing, with AI dupes now.

blabla100:

I guess I am the only one, but I  have the impression that by the end of the scene, WXL kinda did sense that the woman on the boat was XL. 

Well, I would be kinda suspicious with the merman delivery service.