blimarch:
He mocks her:

"Xiang Liu smiled until his eyes were slits “I don’t want to know!”" [how to break the spell between us]

He lies:

“You’re lying! Back then you broke it from Zhuan Xu and moved it over to you. How come you can’t do it now?”

blimarch:
"Xiang Liu’s body was slowly sinking into the water “Other than checking on how my wares are doing in your body, what else do you think I want?”

Can I just briefly point out that there are slight differences in what the text actually said:

Xiao Yao was so frustrated to the point of almost hopping up and down in anger. "You could remove the bug from Cang Xuan, so you must know how to remove it. Don't you wish to remove the bug?"
Xiang Liu grinned, "
I don't want to!"
Xiao Yao asked helplessly, "What do you want then?"
Xiang Liu's body slowly sank into the sea. "
Apart from waiting for an opportune time to maximise its returns, what else do you think I can do?"
"Hey! Don't go!"

-- Vol 3 Ch4 (Chapter 37) 

Basically, in this scene, Xiang Liu practically tells her he does not wish to remove the bug (not that he doesn't know how to) because he is waiting for the right moment when the bug can give him the best possible outcome. So Xiao Yao could either take it as he knew how to do it but did not want to, or he did not know how to and could not be bothered to find a way to do so. Which is typical Xiang Liu with his ambiguous words.

pomelotree:
Can you ladies see if you can help me understand this:
Why does XL seem so inadept at expressing his feeling towards XY? Even TJC said in an interview that its not that XL didnt want (cant recall if he used this word exactly) to express his feelings, its that XL didnt know how to. Things like reaching out to pat XY's head seemed like an awkward action for XL.

But thing is.. XL was living as FFB for a long time before he met XY, and is very attuned to coaxing ladies. Even if its the first time he has fallen in love, XL shouldn't be that awkward?

The difference is genuine feelings. XL truly loves Xiao Yao so his actions/behaviour towards her will reveal his innermost feelings which would be a vulnerable experience. Kinda like exposing his heart. As FFB, his words and actions are "acting" - he can coax a beautiful lady with pretty words that are devoid of real emotions. There's no vulnerability there so it's easier to do.

Let's just compare the way TH describes XL-XY scenes to Jing-XY scenes. I mean seriously, there is a big discrepancy between them. 

Chapter 36

"The entire trip Jing really was just sightseeing with no rush and often docking the ship to shore and taking Xiao Yao to explore.

Even though Xiao Yao wandered for hundreds of years, it was in the Middle Plains and she never explored Gao Xing. Jing was different, being the clan leader designate since he was young meant he traveled for business all over the vast wilderness. Whether it was the dangerous and scary Jiu Li, the unpredictable ocean, he visited everywhere before. This trip he knew where all the fun things were and the delicious food spots and he planned everything so that Xiao Yao was totally taken care of."

Chapter 17

" During the two years, the two of them were each other’s companion exploring every nook and cranny of Xuan Yuan Castle. He sometimes disappeared, and then would show up again, always with a whatever attitude. Xiao Yao felt like the two of them could have kept playing together like this for forever and an eternity. Because the two of them were just too similar – they didn’t care about anything, willing to try everything, interested in all, and whatever could make them smile. They appreciated all that was beautiful, but wanted to own none of it. Their life balanced precariously between darkness and light, if they chose light then behind them was thousands of miles of desolation, if they chose darkness then behind them was thousands of miles of glittering luxury. "

liddi:
Basically, in this scene, Xiang Liu practically tells her he does not wish to remove the bug (not that he doesn't know how to) because he is waiting for the right moment when the bug can give him the best possible outcome.

I think in the scene where he removed the Lovers Bugs he also said that she never asked him correctly. She asked him if he knew how to break/remove the Lovers Bugs bond between them; he didn't lie when he said there isn't because he doesn't how to remove them, he can only kill them. The word that he used here is hard to explain in English. It's like neutralizing or getting rid of.

PART 2 ABOU YAOLIU❤️❤️❤️

The true love in my heart - love is love, it is the natural attraction of souls, the most primitive sexual impulse of the body, and the involuntary heartbeat every time I get close. You don’t love because you need it, you need it because you love it. Its emergence and development cannot be changed by one's own rational evaluation of suitability, because it is self-conscious, unconscious love. I don't know where the love started, but it goes deeper and deeper.

(2) The bright moon rises over the sea

Xiaoyao makes it clear

one

<Seventeen looked at the two people walking side by side in front, "Xuan, why?"

Xiaoliu said: "Last time I went to his house late at night to steal chicken. He suspected that I had ulterior motives and brought out Tianer. He just wanted to see who I was relying on. If I had asked Xiang Liu for help in a daze, There will be big trouble in the future.”>

Shi Qi just asked Xiao Yaoxuan why she was causing trouble, but Xiao Yao's words inadvertently revealed a subconscious factor that she was not even aware of - Xiang Liu was the one she relied on behind her back.

I'm not over-interpreting it. Think about this context. If she doesn't think Xiang Liu is her support, the sentence "just wants to see the support behind me" should be followed by "Xuan doesn't know, I have no support at all." ", but she was explaining why she didn't ask Xiang Liu for help, which meant that it wasn't that she didn't ask Xiang Liu for help, it was just that she couldn't ask Xiang Liu for help with Xuan.

why? Because last time she was in Xuan's wine cellar, she heard that Xuan was going to kill Xiang Liu. If she still involved Xiang Liu, wouldn't it be "big trouble in the future" - if Xiang Liu was allowed to intervene in this matter, not only would she be exposed He and the person Xuan wanted to kill were in the same group, which put him in a dangerous situation, and also exposed the information to Xuan that the prostitute house was owned by the Shennong Rebels.

We can see three points from this conversation: first, Xiaoyao’s subconscious towards Xiangliu, secondly, the reason why Xiaoyao didn’t ask Xiangliu for help, and thirdly, a smart person like Qi Qi wouldn’t notice what Xiaoyao said. Dependence and maintenance on Xiang Liu?

The last date ended on bad terms. Xiang Liu must have checked out Sang Tian'er when he went back, so this time he didn't get angry for long before he came to see Xiao Yao. As soon as he came, he saw Shi Qi wiping Xiao Yao's face with a handkerchief. picture.

<Xiao Liu immediately stood up, took a few steps forward, and said to Shi Qi without looking back: "Go back first!">

Translation: Xiang Liu, don’t get me wrong, he and I are innocent!

<They flew all the way to the sea, and the furball roared happily and rolled a few times>

I want to explain here that neither Xiang Liu nor Mao Qiu deliberately tormented Xiao Yao, but they didn’t know that Xiao Yao’s spiritual power was so low that he couldn’t even sit on a plane. When Xiang Liu heard that Xiao Yao was more afraid of pain than ordinary people, he Let "the fur ball fly very slowly and very smoothly".

Xiaoyao noticed that Xiang Liu was in a bad mood. The author here did not describe why Xiang Liu was in a bad mood, but it was simply related to the Shennong Rebels. Let’s try to empathize. Xiang Liu originally belonged to the sea, but he voluntarily gave up his freedom because of responsibility and friendship. Although he was willing, he was not necessarily happy, so he suddenly asked Xiao Yao, “You are locked in a cage and fed.” How did you survive those thirty years?" For him, an arrogant, free-spirited monster, life in the military was not torture. And this kind of life has no end yet. Xiaoyao is probably the only light and warmth in his lonely life.

Xiaoyao Jili Guala said a lot of words to comfort Xiang Liu, but Xiang Liu remained silent.

The next plot is very crucial and needs to be felt with your heart.

<Xiang Liu took Xiaoliu for a walk on the waves, facing the wind. There is no light, the sky is dark, the sea is also dark, there is nothing in front, and there is nothing behind. The sky and the earth are vast, and the wind and waves are surging. Xiao Liu felt that he was as small as a mayfly, as if he would be swallowed up by the next storm, and subconsciously tightened his hold on Xiang Liu's hand. >

I want to talk about this paragraph together with the description of Xiaoyao healing in Xiang Liu’s wooden house.

<The sky was low, the cliffs were empty, the mountain wind was blowing, and the clouds and mist were billowing under his feet. After watching for a long time, Xiao Liu felt as if the clouds would come up and swallow him up in the next moment. He couldn't help but call out softly: "Xiang Liu, are you there?" >

The two scenes are very similar. Whenever Xiaoyao feels scared, lonely and insecure, the first thing she thinks of is Xiang Liu. "Subconscious" and "can't help" are her subconscious, because once she thinks about it, Xiaoyao doesn't want to rely on anyone, but in her subconscious, she relies on Xiang Liu. When she was vulnerable, it was her instinct to want Xiang Liu to be with her.

<Xiang Liu suddenly stopped. Xiao Liu didn't know why, but he didn't ask. He just couldn't help but leaned closer to Xiang Liu, and silently looked at the east with Xiang Liu. >

Xiaoyao: I don’t know why you are unhappy or what you are thinking at this moment, but I will be with you.

<Not long after, a bright moon slowly rose from the sea, and the clear light poured down. Xiaoliu was shocked by the beauty of the world, and the hard shell in his heart softened. >

There is a bright moon on the sea, and it seems that there are only two people, Xiaoyao and Xiangliu, sharing this moment between the sky and the earth.

If Xiaoyao hadn't realized her feelings before, but now, "the hard shell in her heart has softened", she can already understand that this is love. Moreover, in this romantic and shocking moment, her love was as turbulent as the sea, resisting the suppression of all consciousness.

<Amidst the sound of the waves, Xiang Liu’s voice came: “As long as there is such a scene between heaven and earth, life will be precious.”>

I am reminded of Su Shi's "Red Cliff Ode":

"Besides, everything in heaven and earth has its own owner. If it is not my property, I will not take away a single cent of it. But the cool breeze on the river and the bright moon in the mountains can be heard by the ears and become colors, and the eyes can see them and form colors. There is nothing to take from them. Forbidden, it is inexhaustible. It is the infinite treasure of the Creator, and it is suitable for me and my son."

In a sense, Xiang Liu has the same broad-minded outlook on life as Su Shi. He appreciates all the beauty in the world, but "can't take any of it". He doesn't care about fame, wealth and power, but spends his life appreciating the real beauty - the gifts of nature.

Maybe it was because Xiaoyao had said before that he had thought about committing suicide in the cage of the nine-tailed fox, so he wanted to tell Xiaoyao how precious life was. Maybe it was because he thought of the fate he would eventually run into and reminded himself to cherish the present. But in short, Xiang Liu really cherishes and enjoys life.

But obviously, Xiaoyao was thinking about another thing at this time: Now that I have made my mind clear, what should I do?

<Xiao Liu murmured: "No matter how rare the scenery is, I will get tired of it if I see it too much. It is interesting unless someone is with me to watch it together. Scenery is always dead, and only people can give meaning to scenery.">

She is testing Xiang Liu, and she must be expecting Xiang Liu to respond: It's okay, I will watch it with you in the future.

"Only people can give meaning to scenery." This shows that for Xiaoyao, the moonlight tonight is beautiful because of Xiangliu. (So, what is this if not love? Huh? This is not yet love. Tell me, what is love?)

<I don’t know if Xiang Liu heard Xiao Liu’s beep, but Xiang Liu didn’t react at all. >

Xiang Liu has such good hearing, how could he not hear it.

In fact, Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao are both people who value promises very much. Because of their value, they will not make promises easily.

explain,

<Xiang Liu closed his eyes, looking tired in his brows. >

Why is Xiang Liu tired here? Because the most magnificent moment is over, and I have to return to the military camp and be the military advisor who shoulders the fate of the entire Shennong Rebel Army. (Just like everyone has to go back to school and work after the National Day holiday)

Xiaoyao didn't give up and started testing again on the way back.

<Xiao Liu said to himself: "Since Xiao Zhurong took charge of the Central Plains, I heard that the Central Plains has gradually stabilized. Sooner or later, the Yellow Emperor will deal with General Gonggong. The general trend of the world is irreversible and cannot be stopped by one person. I think it is better for you to run away as soon as possible. .Actually, are you a monster, or just a disgusting nine-headed monster? With the arrogance of Shennong’s group of gods, in their eyes, you are probably... worse than nothing. Why should you worry about the Shennong rebels? ? What can you get by following Gonggong? If you like power, why not simply betray Gonggong and go to the Yellow Emperor...”>

Xiaoyao still didn't understand the Shennong Rebels at this time, and she didn't know why Xiang Liu was so loyal to the Shennong Rebels, but it took a lot of courage for her to say these words. Think about it, even if she was attacked by Xiang Liu last time Liu fell off the tree and did not dare to touch the porcelain Shennong Rebel Army. Her words were all put into consideration for Xiang Liu. Of course, she also had her own selfish motives - she wanted to have a future with Xiang Liu.

The reason why I didn't say this sentence when we first met is because I don't want to ruin the beautiful atmosphere of life if it is just like the first time we met. But dear readers, here, whether it is us or Xiaoyao, we will eventually have to face - When Xiang Liu decided never to give up the Shennong Rebel Army, he clearly walked towards the destiny of confronting the wheel of history and lived towards death.

Xiaoyao and Xiang Liu both knew from the beginning that Xiang Liu's ultimate fate would be to die in battle.

When learning about Xiang Liu's death, Xiaoyao said, "When I first met him, I knew this day would come. I've always known it!"

But she still fell in love soberly, couldn't help falling in love with Xiang Liu, and then fell into endless confusion and struggle.

Even if there is no opposing position, as long as Xiang Liu is the military advisor of the Shennong Rebel Army, the general trend of the world is irreversible. They will eventually be separated by life and death. It is just a matter of time. According to Li Rongchang's words, Xiang Liu's life is like "there is no tomorrow tomorrow." ".

But Xiaoyao's words touched Xiang Liu's bottom line, and Xiang Liu became furious. From Xiang Liu's point of view, Xiaoyao could do anything, but the Shennong Rebels were definitely not something she could criticize, not even make fun of.

<Xiang Liu opened his eyes, a pair of demonic pupils glowing with bloodthirsty red light. Xiaoliu was shrouded in his sight, and his body was squeezed by an invisible force, unable to move at all. Blood dripped from his nose and blood oozed from between his fingernails. >

<"I...wrong...wrong..."

Xiang Liu closed his eyes, and Xiao Liu threw himself forward, lying softly on the back of the sculpture, like a rubbed rag, lifeless. It wasn't until they were approaching Qingshui Town that the fur ball slowly flew down. Xiao Liu reluctantly sat up, wiped the blood from his nose and mouth, jumped down without saying a word, and fell into the river. >

A person who was afraid of getting hurt and never took the initiative, mustered up the courage to take the initiative to plan the future of the two of them. Not only did she not get any response, but she was almost killed by the other party. You can imagine how desperate she was at this moment.

"Like a rubbed rag, lifeless." "He jumped down without saying a word and fell into the river."

Xiaoyao was beaten forty times and still kept talking. Is she someone who would be defeated by physical pain? It hurt her heart.

<Xiao Liu looked at the moon in the sky, but it was quietly shining on the earth. >

I originally put my heart towards the bright moon, but the bright moon shines on the ditch - I treat you with good intentions, but you are indifferent and don't appreciate it.

Xiaoyao returned home and got into the clean and warm bed that Shiqi had washed and dried. She drank the hot broth brought by Shiqi. Her internal organs were warmed. Shiqi wiped her hair with a towel and then used it. The comb helped her smooth her hair. Seventeen also promised, "I won't leave."

Family members, Xiaoyao doesn’t have a God’s perspective. From her perspective, she tends to choose Seventeen. Isn’t it unreasonable?

ps: "

What is the ending of "Titanic"? Jack died, and Rose lived well alone, got married, had children, and missed her forever. There are always people who say that Rose not only survives, but also lives so well. She doesn't love Jack at all and is not worthy of Jack sacrificing his life for her.

But I feel that if Rose does not live a good life as Jack wishes, Jack's sacrifice will really be in vain. Sacrifice for love is certainly touching, but if you still live strong despite the pain of losing your loved one, isn’t that another kind of deep love? The "life" of "Long Love" is that Xiangliu and Xiaoyao complete each other, Xiangliu completes Xiaoyao's "happiness and worry-free", and Xiaoyao completes Xiangliu's "loyalty". They both love each other more than themselves. Only Be can achieve a tacit understanding. How can such love be so untouchable?

two

Qi Qi became Tu Shan Jing and left.

Xiaoyao was alone in the yard counting stars, and she counted "three thousand three hundred and twenty-seven..." She was really lonely.

<There were white snowflakes falling gracefully from the sky. Xiao Liu found that he was a little surprised, so he quickly suppressed his smile and closed his eyes. >

It can be said that from Xiaoyao's perspective, she is the one who loves him humbly. It was like that last time, but as long as Xiang Liuyi appears, she can't help but be happy and forget everything.

<Under the starlight, his two teeth became longer and sharper, like the fangs of a wild beast.

Xiaoliu said: "You are really paying less and less attention to your image. Last time you were a monster, and this time you are a fang. Although I know you are a monster, knowing it in your heart is one thing, but seeing it with your own eyes is another thing. You should You know, we humans, whether gods or humans, are all races that like appearances and don’t pay attention to the inner world at all. Even when we eat, we pay attention to sex and taste, and we also choose good-looking wives. Unlike you monsters, as long as they are fat, tender and big enough. …”

Xiang Liu retracted his fangs. >

This paragraph is equivalent to saying that you tell your male god that you are a beauty control and ask him to pay attention to image management, and your male god obediently obeys.

Moreover, Xiang Liu would always remember whatever Xiao Yao said, which is why he was so taboo about showing his true self in front of Xiao Yao. He was afraid that if he lost his image in front of Xiao Yao, he would be ruined.

However, this passage also revealed that as a monster, Xiang Liu didn’t pay much attention to appearance when marrying a wife, so he fell in love with the slovenly Wen Xiaoliu.

Xiang Liu used Tu Shanjing to threaten Xiao Yao to help get the medicine, but Xiao Yao said he wanted to take someone else's head.

<Xiang Liu laughed loudly, and even came close to Xiao Liu's eyes, and said slowly: "I have nine heads, remember to sharpen the knife." Xiao Liu stared at him, and the two of them could smell each other. >

Does Mr. Xiang Liu know how flirtatious he is? He talks every time he talks, always likes to get so close, and does some intimate actions that make people think. He also has the most handsome face in the world. It's strange that Xiaoyao is not confused about his facial appearance.

<"You are a monster. Is it worth it for the irrelevant Shen Nong?"

Xiang Liu smiled, "You can take care of a group of idiots boringly, so I can't do some boring things?">

When faced with Xiaoyao's questions about the Shennong Rebels, Xiang Liu never responded directly.

Xiaoyao ignored Jing when he had nothing to do. When he came to Jing, he asked him for help. He felt embarrassed and spent a long time chatting with her when he had nothing to say.

<Xiang Liu glanced over with cold eyes,> Xiao Yao immediately stopped and talked to Jing about business.

On Xiang Liu’s suppression of Xiao Yao...

<Xiang Liu grabbed his collar and carried him back, "You follow me until I get the medicine."

The fur ball flew down, and Xiao Liu jumped on the back of the sculpture, smiling nonchalantly, "Okay, I made a new poison recently, so I'll try it.">

What Xiang Liu said here was to use Xiao Yao as a hostage to ensure that Tu Shanjing could get the medicine as soon as possible. Xiao Yao was nonchalant on the surface, but he must have felt a little colder in his heart.

But Xiang Liu took Xiao Yao directly to the military camp. I think he did it on purpose. Xiao Yao had wondered many times before, "You are a monster. Is it worth it for Shennong, who has nothing to do with you?" Xiang Liu did not respond directly because he was not used to it. Explaining to people means something like this: Don’t you understand my career? Then I will take you to my work place to experience it. He just doesn't respond with his mouth, but he responds with his actions.

<Xiang Liu pulled him and jumped off the back of the eagle, "Open your eyes."

"No!" Xiao Liu grabbed Xiang Liu's hand and closed his eyes tightly, "I won't give you a reason to kill me in the future!" Xiang Liu's hand stiffened and Xiao Liu sneered. >

It is estimated that many people have not understood this. It took me a long time to figure it out. I have revised this analysis many times because I hope that all my interpretations will be as accurate as possible. I don’t want to embarrass readers. To avoid any misdirection, the production of this article took longer than before, but it is all worth it!

I said in the last article that Xiaoyao's singing made Xiang Liu "awake a sleeping part of his soul." Xiang Liu, like Chi You, was very direct in courting and mating. They both fell in love with each other the first time they met. This is beyond reproach.

However, there are some discrepancies between the situations of Xiang Liu and Chi You. Chi You first met A Heng, wanted to be a man because of A Heng, and then became the general of the Shennong Kingdom. Therefore, for Chi You, A Heng was more important than Shennong from the beginning. important. But Xiang Liu only met Xiao Yao after he had been the military advisor of Shennong's rebel army for hundreds of years. He did fall in love with Xiao Yao at first sight, but he already had a preconceived idea of Shennong. Even if he liked Xiao Yao, Xiao Yao would be in danger. Shennong's Rebel Army, he would kill Xiaoyao without hesitation.

This is why he was so cruel to Xiaoyao when they first met. At that time, he suspected that Xiaoyao was a trick, but in the end he couldn't bear to kill her, so he could only settle for keeping her by his side, and when he After completely removing the suspicion of Xiaoyao's mischief, when they met again more than a year later, he was very friendly to Xiaoyao because he felt that liking Xiaoyao and the interests of the Shennong Rebels no longer conflicted. But whenever there is a conflict, Xiang Liu will give up Xiao Yao, so Xiao Yao's "exchange small for big" on the tree last time was very wise. At least so far, she has not misunderstood Xiang Liu. In other words, even if she tested it with a joking tone, Xiang Liu might kill her. and

The reason why Xiang Liu brought Xiao Yao to the military camp again and asked him to open his eyes was because he already completely trusted Xiao Yao. After all, he didn't know Xiao Yao's true identity. But Xiaoyao knew that once Xiangliu found out that she was Huangdi's granddaughter, he would definitely kill her. "I won't give you a reason to kill me in the future!" Xiangliu's hands stiffened when he heard this, because Xiaoyao's words reminded him. he!

He wanted to give Xiaoyao an explanation before bringing her to the military camp. He trusted Xiaoyao subconsciously and without thinking. If he thought about it carefully, he would not be completely unprepared for Xiaoyao. If Xiaoyao, he There is no way to refute it. Xiaoyao's "sneer" here did not misunderstand Xiang Liu. On the contrary, she saw through Xiang Liu's thoughts. Her decision not to open her eyes was very wise.

Let me emphasize again, Xiaoyao and Xiangliu are both extremely smart people. Xiaoyao even has the ability to see into people's hearts more than Xiangliu. She is a little girl with low spiritual power and has been homeless in the wilderness for a long time. Being able to survive for a hundred years is not due to luck. She must have experienced countless deceptions, frame-ups, conspiracies, and the harshness of the world. If she wants to fight against them, she can only be more ruthless and cunning than them. To some extent, Xiaoyao's experience was worse than that of Xiangliu. After Xiangliu experienced the Colosseum, he experienced maternal love, had a foster father, and the Shennong Rebels, and had a sense of belonging, but Xiaoyao didn't until Now, he is still alone. Xiang Liu has great power. In many cases, he can simply rely on strength to conquer his opponent, but Xiao Yao can only rely on brains, scheming, words, and a little medical and poisonous skills. Therefore, it is very reasonable that she is more thoughtful than Xiang Liu.

The next day Xiaoyao drank the wrong tea and Xiang Liu made fun of her.

<Xiao Liu's expression changed, but he forced himself to be calm and calm. Xiang Liu chuckled softly, feeling truly happy. Xiao Liu watched his stern eyebrows melt like spring water, and wanted to keep this moment. >

Xiang Liu saw Xiao Yao's joke, but Xiao Yao wanted to keep his smile. He was teased and laughed at by others, but not only was he not angry, but he also hoped that he would always be so happy, Xiaoyao, Xiaoyao.

After staying in the rebel camp for a few days, Xiaoyao learned more about Xiang Liu: first, Xiang Liu's life in the Shennong Rebel Army was very simple and poor, so Xiang Liu was definitely not after money; second, he saw Xiang Liu's rules as a rebel military advisor , the responsible side, and began to admire Xiang Liu; 3. Seeing that the Shennong Rebel Army gave up the glory, wealth, wife and children that surrendering could bring, but insisted on the belief that many people no longer care about, even at the cost of their lives, Xiaoyao understood He felt the anger of Xiang Liu last time - <In this world, some spirits can be defeated and destroyed, but they can never be scorned and ridiculed! >

Xiaoyao immediately bowed and apologized to Xiang Liu. Here, Xiaoyao's confession of correcting his mistakes was unambiguous, and there was no burden of face. Xiang Liu should have also felt pleasant surprises. Although he was still expressionless on the surface, he explained to Xiaoyao for the first time: " If we can get the medicine as soon as possible, at least they can live a little longer. They are warriors, and even if they die, they should die in front of Huangdi’s army."

<Xiao Liu jumped off the big eagle and asked eagerly: "The medicine has arrived? Where is it?">

Seeing how anxious Xiaoyao is, are you moved by Xiang Liu?

three

Not only did Xiang Liu fail to get the medicine, he was also injured.

<Xiao Liu sighed, sat up, and took the initiative to pull down the collar of his clothes. Xiang Liu was not polite, hugged Xiao Liu, lowered his head and sucked blood from his neck. >

The two of them didn't speak. They just moved in a coherent and tacit manner, as if it was natural and should be the way it should be.

Xiaoyao has always been very good at protecting herself, otherwise she would not be alive now, but she knew Xuan was very powerful and would get into big trouble if she offended Xuan, so she still took the initiative to help Xiang Liu without hesitation. Xiang Liu, are you touched?

<Xiang Liu Ce Maoqiu left, and Xiao Liu shouted: "Nine-headed monster, don't die!" I don't know if Xiang Liu heard it, but Diao Heren disappeared soon. >

Even if he is the best in the world, in the eyes of those who love him, he will easily die in a fight...

It's a pity that Xiang Liu never replied "I'll be careful", Diao Heren disappeared soon, Xiao Sa is actually Xiao Sa, I don't see how you can be so chic after being broken up, haha, you deserve to suffer some love pain.

<Xiang Liu jumped down from the air, wearing a silver mask, white clothes and white hair, spotless, like a snowflake, falling leisurely, so beautiful that there was no trace of fireworks.

Ah Nian had been staring curiously at Xiang Liu who was wearing a mask, but he was so stunned that he forgot to be angry.

Xiaoliu chuckled in a low voice, "Do you want to know what the face under the mask looks like? It's no worse than your cousin!" A blush flew over A Nian's face>

Suddenly she understood why Xiaoyao was worried about Xiang Liu provoking Anian. If Xiang Liu really wanted to provoke someone, which woman could resist his teasing? But Xiang Liu only exuded charm in front of Xiao Yao. Tsk tsk, he had accumulated male hormones for hundreds of years and released them all on one person.

<Xiao Liu walked over and asked: "Are you okay?">

I don’t know if you have noticed the changes in Xiaoyao. In the past, I used to find various reasons to worry about Xiang Liu. But since Haisheng Mingyue confirmed her feelings, she no longer hides her concern for Xiang Liu.

Xiang Liu asked Xiao Yao to follow him first, but Xiao Yao refused.

<"Do you think I'm someone who hides behind others and waits for the storm to pass?"

Xiang Liu raised his eyebrows and smiled, "Whatever you want! But -" He pinched Xiao Liu's neck gently, "Don't really die!"

"I'll send you back and say goodbye. The mountains are high and the rivers are long. We will see you later. If not, don't worry about it." >

Here, Xiang Liu admires Xiaoyao's bravery and independence very much. He said "whatever you want". I think there are two reasons: 1. He believes that Xiaoyao has the ability to solve problems independently. Since Xiaoyao has to face it on his own, Then let her give it a try. He should also want to see how Xiaoyao will save himself. If it doesn’t work, he will take action; secondly, appreciation is appreciation. Xiaoyao’s refusal of his protection makes him unhappy after all. His pride will not allow him. Say it a second time.

But he was worried about her safety, so Xiaoyao told him not to worry about her. It wasn't a big deal at first, but Xiang Liu replied, "What I care about is your blood, not your people."

Isn't this a cover-up? Xiaoyao laughed.

This place is the same as when he said "the sea is under his feet" and was rejected, so he didn't force it. He has always respected Xiaoyao's personal choice. Xiang Liu is definitely not the kind of person who says "I'm doing this for your own good." The reason is to force Xiaoyao, but if you encounter difficulties, I will take the initiative to help you, but if you have your own plan, I will also follow you. He treats Xiaoyao as an independent person. He never pampered or forced Xiaoyao "in the name of love" and never underestimated Xiaoyao's abilities. Just by respecting women, Xiang Liu can defeat 99% of the men in the wilderness.

@liddi

"So Xiao Yao could either take it as he knew how to do it but did not want to, or he did not know how to and could not be bothered to find a way to do so. Which is typical Xiang Liu with his ambiguous words." 

Which makes little sense, because at the end of the day it was her who removed the bug out of CX, not XL. What was she trying to find out was either it's true that he accepted the bug because he loves her or not. That's my take on it. Should I belive that the reason for why she wanted to spend one more night at the sea was because she wanted to check for XL în order to plead with him to get the bugs removed?  

"Xiang Liu’s voice was in Xiao Liu’s ear “We’re at Five Gods Mountain. It ought to be close to where Zhuan Xu is. You can try calling the bug into my body.”

Xiao Liu felt the fish pulling his lower body along so he could move with ease. He took out a blackened walnut and bit his own middle finger. He smeared the blood on the walnut and then handed it to Xiang Liu and indicated he do the same. Xiang Liu pierced his middle finger and smeared blood on the other half of the walnut and handed it back to Xiao Liu.

Xiao Liu indicated for Xiang Liu to raise the hand that was bloody and point it towards Five Gods Mountain. Xiao Liu said “You relax, and if possible, feel genuine happiness to welcome the bug to your body.”

Xiao Liu tightly clasped the walnut to his chest and started chanting, summoning the bug in his own body. After some time, Xiao Liu felt his own heart start to beat wildly, and incredibly he felt another heart beating as well. The two hearts were like friends who had not seen each other in a long time, beating wildly in joy to be together."

Who is more important, the Shennong Rebels or Xiaoyao?

Four

Xiaoyao was tortured by Xuan Dong. Tu Shanjing and Xiang Liu rescued her and healed her in Xiang Liu's private cabin.

<"Xiang Liu, are you there?"

There were birds chirping behind him, Xiao Liu turned around and saw Xiang Liu sitting on a tree next to the house. Under the silver moonlight, with his white clothes and white hair, he looked like a man made of snow, clean and cold, making people want to get close but And fear. >

To be honest, I really don’t know how readers who say that Xiaoyao doesn’t love Xiangliu and are just close friends read the book, “want to get close but are afraid of it”. This is such a cautious love. Xiaoyao has never been like this to Tushan Jing. Be cautious?

Xiang Liu directly admitted that he heard that Xiao Yao planned to plant poison for him. Xiang Liu here probably doesn't know what kind of Gu this is, otherwise there is no need to design Xuan, he can just kill Xiao Yao now to save trouble.

<"This is a poison prepared for you. Only I can solve it in the world.">

Xiang Liu will remember Xiao Yao's words. This sentence doesn't sound interesting now. It will be interesting when Xiang Liu recalls this sentence after he knows that it is a lover's poison.

<Xiao Liu was never stingy with things, he could pour out a whole bottle of ten thousand year chalcedony to soak his hands, but he refused to use painkillers, and he screamed and jumped up and down in pain every day. Xiang Liu just watched with cold eyes at first, but later he was really upset by his quarrel and sneered: "I really sympathize with the people who tortured you. They tortured you with corpse maggots eating your bones, and you tortured them with magic sounds that penetrate the brain." The torture." Xiao Liu looked at him dissatisfied, "I really regret giving the voodoo seed to Xuan." Xiang Liu sneered, "Even if you raise voodoo, you should raise a vicious one. The voodoo you raise will hurt the enemy. You have to hurt yourself first. Fortunately, you gave it to Xuan, and he can still be used for it. If you give it to me, I am a body with nine heads. If you hurt yourself to death, I won't have much reaction." Xiao Liu I felt that talking to Xiangliu was just looking for anger, and I didn't want to talk to Xiangliu anymore. He ran around in the forest with his hands raised, screaming miserably. Xiang Liu really couldn't stand listening, so he simply took advantage of the white eagle and hid in the sky. >

Xiaoyao was in such a miserable state that she couldn't beat him again and again, and he couldn't talk to him anymore. I don’t know if you have noticed that Xiaoyao is easily flirted with by Xiang Liu. A casual and innocuous remark can make her mood swing. Although Xiang Liu looks cold and cold on the surface, he is Fang Feng Bei in his heart. When Xiao Yao is with him, he is obviously more energetic and lively. It is completely different from the usual state of being cold, hard and closed. people.

But one thing Xiang Liu said was wrong. Xiao Yao would only scream in pain in front of him. There was no scream during the execution at Xuan's place, because Xiao Yao knew that the person who executed her would not feel sorry for her, but Xiang Liu Yes~

Xiang Liu had a venomous tongue, and he didn't know whether Xiao Yao had given him the torture of piercing the brain with a demonic sound, or the torture of piercing his heart like a knife. He couldn't bear to see her in pain, and he couldn't interfere with Xiao Yao's decision, so he could only watch. Doesn’t it hurt to see you?

Xuan comes to fight with Xiang Liu.

Just seeing a blood-stained mask, Xiao Liu couldn't hide any longer. He rushed out and quickly climbed up the tallest tree. >

Xiaoyao was so worried about Xiang Liu that she didn't care about her own safety. He was obviously more afraid of pain than the average person. In order to help Xiang Liu, he would not hesitate to beat himself. But he was so cruel that he was discovered by Xuan and was almost beaten to death.

<In the midst of his busy schedule, Xiang Liu burst out laughing. >

Seeing that Xiang Liu was very happy, he was fighting, and he didn't forget to play the zither.

If Xiang Liu's fondness for Xiao Yao wasn't enough before, then after experiencing Xiao Yao's two sacrifices of life to help him, Xiang Liu should be completely defeated.

Unfortunately, it didn't take long for Xiang Liu to be so angry with Xiao Yao that he was about to kill Xuan, but Xiao Yao stopped him.

You know, Xiang Liu saw Zhuan Xu's imperial talents very early, so he decided to kill him. If he didn't kill Zhuan Xu, Zhuan Xu would definitely wipe out the Shennong rebel army in the future. Xiaoyao's move not only harmed the interests of the Shennong Rebels, but also made him an enemy.

I said before,

<Xiang Liu’s sharp claws grabbed Xiao Liu’s neck, but Xiao Liu opened his big eyes and smiled sweetly at him, like a flower slowly blooming in the spring breeze. The slender neck is in his hands, and with just a squeeze, the trouble will disappear. Xiao Liu smiled and sighed softly, as if he was infinitely satisfied. His head dropped heavily and his eyes slowly closed. Xiang Liu suddenly retracted his hand, picked up Xiao Liu, and took him away. >

Here, Xiang Liu was moved by Xiao Yao's truly joyful smile. Do you still remember that the first time Xiang Liu met Xiao Yao was because of her sad singing? Pity is the beginning of his heartbeat, and letting her forget her sadness has always been his wish.

So at the last moment, he couldn't do anything, but instead treated Xiaoyao's injuries and pain relief.

five

If he let Xiao Yao go at that moment because he was distracted for a moment, then he went to great lengths to get Xiao Yao medicine because he was willingly indulging his own instinct.

Xiaoyao had just woken up, and when faced with Xiang Liu's questioning, she could immediately think of a response. Her brain was really good.

<Xiao Liu was unable to resist, so he simply retreated instead of advancing, "I ruined your big business, if you want to kill me, just kill me!" He closed his eyes meekly, revealing a section of his white neck. Xiang Liu sneered, "Kill you? It's too easy for you!" He lowered his head, bit Xiao Liu's neck hard, sucked the blood hard, and vented the murderous intention in his heart. Xiaoliu tilted his head back and rested on the edge of the pool, thankful that his blood was still useful to Xiang Liu. >

"What I care about is your blood, not your people." Do you remember to read this sentence in reverse?

In their background, there is only a wedding ceremony, not a boyfriend and girlfriend ceremony. For these two adults who have lived for hundreds of years, it is not necessary for him to say "I like you to be my girlfriend", and for her to say "I like you too". It can be said that from the third time they sucked blood from the tree, the two parties have acquiesced in the relationship. They both know each other's affection, and they can make out and date each other willingly, and even talk about love from time to time. In the past, Xiaoyao was worried that Xiang Liu would misunderstand and quickly distanced herself from Shi Qi. Later, when Xiang Liu was in trouble, she naturally asked Xiao Yao for help. Isn't this the way couples get along with each other.

So there is no need to doubt that Xiaoyao here is nakedly seducing. After reading this sentence, do you wonder why the murderous intention can be vented by sucking blood? Because I want to kill but I can’t bear to kill. Why can’t I kill? Because I like her and want her. Xiang Liu: I can’t kill you, so I can’t take you? How can there be such a good thing in the world? If you ruin my big thing, I will either pay with my life or with my body. I can't bear the former, so let's take the latter!

<At first it was severe pain, like sharp teeth piercing the flesh, but gradually, the pain became weird, with a slight numbness mixed in the pain, and a slight pleasure in the pain, as if someone was sucking and licking Licking and kissing. Xuan felt a little thirsty. >

Tong Hua just refused to write about Yao Liu head-on. The only direct and intimate description was through Xuan, and Xuan's feelings were Xiao Yao's feelings.

At this time, Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao were in a state of raging fire.

<Xiang Liu raised his head and stared at Xiao Liu, the corners of his lips were stained with blood, his eyes darkened, and he was panting slightly. Xiaoliu always acted like a scoundrel who was ready to be picked by anyone. Suddenly, he shrank and slid down. He subconsciously wanted to cover his chest with his hands, but he immediately controlled his strange behavior and still sat there with a carefree attitude. With. Xiang Liu's hand slowly slid down from his neck, and his fingers caressed and played with his collarbone for a while, then moved downwards. Xiaoliu grabbed his hand suddenly and said with a smile: "I am a man, even if you are a manly man, you should find someone handsome.">

Xiaoyao was both playful and fun-loving. She was obviously the one who seduced Xiangliu, but when she took the bait, she became cowardly again.

<"Are you a man?" The corners of Xiang Liu's lips, which were still stained with blood, were slightly raised in a smile that seemed to be mocking. "If you were a man, how did you hook Feixiao?">

Pay attention to Xiang Liu's word "hooking up" here, which once again proves that he does regard Feiao as a competitor, because he himself was hooked up.

<Xiang Liu stared at him, his eyes as dark as ink. Xiao Liu's heart was beating wildly, and he slammed Xiang Liu's hand away, closed his eyes, and acted like a dead pig that is not afraid of boiling water, "touch it, touch it, just don't doubt that I am a woman after you touch it!" Xiang Liu stared at him for a while, "I'm not interested in this fake body of yours!" He let go of Xiao Liu, turned around and left the pool, lay down on the couch, and began to heal. >

One has "eyes as dark as ink" and the other has "heart beating wildly". Tsk tsk, the reason why they failed this time is not because Xiaoyao is a boy. You must know that Xiaoyao can change back to a female body at any time as long as she wants. Liu's words are even more unbelievable. His passion is so strong and he is still not interested?

The reason why Xiang Liu said he wasn't interested was because he saw that Xiao Yao was unwilling and he didn't want to force her.

The reason why Xiaoyao was unwilling was because Xiang Liu wanted to kill Zhuan Xu. Her original obstacle to being with Xiang Liu was that she felt that Xiang Liu's job was unstable and that he would die too easily, and Xiang Liu never had a personality. Her attitude made her very insecure, but Zhuan Xu's appearance made her realize that Xiang Liu might become her enemy.

blabla100:
Which makes little sense, because at the end of the day it was her who removed the bug out of CX, not XL. What was she trying to find out was either it's true that he accepted the bug because he loves her or not. That's my take on it. Should I belive that the reason for why she wanted to spend one more night at the sea was because she wanted to check for XL în order to plead with him to get the bugs removed?  

What I was pointing out is what Xiang Liu actually said based on my translations, which differs from the text you quoted, including the part where he claims he is waiting for the time when he can reap the most benefits out of their shared connection from the bug. I was neither claiming nor disagreeing that Xiao Yao's intent on staying that extra night was truly to ask him to remove the bug. 

And no, I don't believe that Xiao Yao really intended to ask him to remove the bug, even if she did ask him several times. The times she did ask him always felt more like an excuse or an afterthought that hinted at something more like to see his reaction and response, but he would not give her a clear-cut answer either way.

@liddi

I wasn't targeting the translation or your post specifically, more the scene as a whole, as in it makes no sense for XY to ask XL for a way to remove the bugs when she was the one who broke the spell on CX. 

HeadInTheClouds:

I think in the scene where he removed the Lovers Bugs he also said that she never asked him correctly. She asked him if he knew how to break/remove the Lovers Bugs bond between them; he didn't lie when he said there isn't because he doesn't how to remove them, he can only kill them. The word that he used here is hard to explain in English. It's like neutralizing or getting rid of.

The word used in the novel is 解 undo. And yes, he pointed out that she kept harping about undoing the lovers bug, but she never asked him whether he could kill them:

相柳坐到桃花舟旁,凝视着沉睡的小夭,轻声说:“地上梧桐相持老,天上鹣鹣不独飞,水中鸳鸯会双死,情人蛊同命连心,的确无法可解!当年我能帮玱玹解蛊,只因为玱玹并非心甘情愿种蛊,你根本没有真正把蛊给他种上。我却是心甘情愿,真正让你种了蛊!你三番四次要我解蛊,我一直告诉你解不了,我知道你不相信,可我的确没有骗你,我是真解不了蛊!” 

相柳拿起小夭的手,以指为刀,在两人的手掌上横七竖八地划出一行咒语,血肉翻飞,深可见白骨。“我虽然解不了蛊,却可以杀了它。” 相柳唇角含笑,紧紧握住了小夭的手,双掌合拢,血肉交融,再分不清究竟是谁的血肉,“不过,你可别怪我骗你,是你没有问!”

Xiang Liu sat next to the peach blossom boat and stared at the sleeping Xiao Yao before softly saying, "'The sycamore trees on the ground will grow old intertwined, the jian birds in the sky will not fly alone, the mandarin ducks in the water will die together.‘ The lover's bug connects lives to share the same fates and joins hearts together, and is impossible to remove! Back then, I could help to remove the bug from Cang Xuan only because he did not willingly accept it, so you never successfully planted it in him in the first place. However, I was wholeheartedly willing to let you plant it in me! You kept asking me to remove the bug and I kept telling you it was not possible. I know you didn't believe me, but I was not lying. I really cannot remove it!"

Xiang Liu lifted Xiao Yao's hand, and using his finger as a knife, he slashed vertically and horizontally to carve a blood spell on their palms, their flesh and blood flying everywhere, the cuts so deep that their bones were clearly visible. "While I can't remove the bug, I can kill it." With a smile, he held her hand tightly, their palms joined, blood and flesh intermingled until it was no longer possible to tell whose it was. "However, don't blame me for deceiving you. You were the one who did not ask!"

-- Vol 3 Ch15  (Chapter 48)

blabla100:

@liddi

I wasn't targeting the translation or your post specifically, more the scene as a whole, as in it makes no sense for XY to ask XL for a way to remove the bugs when she was the one who broke the spell on CX. 

To be honest, she was not the one who managed to remove the bug from Cang Xuan. Rather, it was Xiang Liu who taught her a way to do so through his willingness to accept the bug that enabled it to be transferred to him. She herself had no control and did not know how to remove it from Cang Xuan in the first place, despite her many attempts to do so. 

By this abovementioned scene, she had already met with the shaman king, and was well aware of the true nature of the bug, and that the bug cannot be removed according to the shaman king. Yet, she still asked Xiang Liu about removing the bug. Did she really think that Xiang Liu knew better than the shaman king, or it was perhaps more to see how he would react, knowing now that she is aware what kind of bug they shared. 

pomelotree:
Can you ladies see if you can help me understand this:
Why does XL seem so inadept at expressing his feeling towards XY? Even TJC said in an interview that its not that XL didnt want (cant recall if he used this word exactly) to express his feelings, its that XL didnt know how to. Things like reaching out to pat XY's head seemed like an awkward action for XL.

But thing is.. XL was living as FFB for a long time before he met XY, and is very attuned to coaxing ladies. Even if its the first time he has fallen in love, XL shouldn't be that awkward? 

Welcome @pomelotree! Glad you finally decided to join us!

As for your questions, @HeadInThe Clouds summed it perfectly. While Fangfeng Bei's free spirit is the real Xiang Liu when he sheds his armour, his interactions with those around him would have been very much on a superficial level, putting on an act as the flirtatious, good-for-nothing libertine who posed no threat to anyone, his attitude assured, his emotions well guarded and pretty much untouched. 

On the other hand, he is in love for the very first time in his life with Xiao Yao, a love that would last a lifetime. Since his feelings for Xiao Yao are real, he finds himself in a novel situation where he is susceptible and unsure, at risk of revealing the true depth of his feelings for her, which he could not and would not do, yet would involuntarily do so with the odd word or action. So he would mask it behind a veneer of outrageous, flirtatious banter or brusque front, though sometimes, he would slip and ask questions, the answers of which he both cares deeply for but is afraid to hear at the same time, such as the time when he asks her to give up being a princess and roam the world with him.

Thanks HeadInThe Clouds  and liddi  (I cannot link you both)

The only explanation I could think of was that as well, I just cannot imagine being so awkward if I were to place myself in his shoes. But oh well, he's the awesome XL with 9 heads and a complicated past, I guess I cannot use my 1 head to 'put myself in his (very white) shoes'

liddi:
Welcome @pomelotree! Glad you finally decided to join us!

pomelotree needs to receive our welcoming package! I'm working right now (not really :P) but don't worry, I'll send it later today :)

Oooh and what would that be, nathsketch? Can the package contain TJC in person?

These threads are not good at all for our concentration :p    

nathsketch:

pomelotree needs to receive our welcoming package! I'm working right now (not really :P) but don't worry, I'll send it later today :)

Has it been upgraded to include pens and paper too?