Now I wonder if the poem from chapter 43 is about Jing or XL. 

The Poem connecting Chapter 48 (the heart has a thousand knots)

In this chapter, CX and XY was brought to Wushen Mountain after XY killed themselves by the poison. CX was detoxicated. XY was placed in a blood spelled Shell. Later CX brought her with the shell to Jade Mountain. XL came there to save XY and broke the last connection between them (i.e, he lured and killed the Lovers' bug)

The content of the poem implied (Xiang) Liu [Willow] saved XY (the flower of spring - XY = peach blossom, a symbol of spring). Their love is difficult to break, (but he broke the last connection by killing the bug). The event happened at night and finished by the early morning (night has passed, moon has gone which corresponding to the moment everything was done and he left Jade Mountain in the dawn)

"Thousands of year" by Zhang Xian

A few cuckoo chirping
。        It's also announced that good season for botany is about to end
  Chop all fading flower branches to save the spring. 
,        Drizzle but strong wind,
。       The plum fruit is still green  
,                  Yong Fang Willow
.  Bloom with flowers like flying snow all day long despite no human support

。         Do not bring out the pipa to play  
。         The sound of the strings can express the extreme sadness
,                   The sky never gets old  
。                   Love is also difficult to break    
,         The heart is like double silk net
。          It has a thousand knots 
,                    The night has passed
     The eastern window is not yet bright, the waning moon has gone

Note: Yong Fang Willow implies a stand-alone willow , a lonely person

During the Tang Dynasty, in Yong Fang ward in Luoyang, there was a savage garden. In the southwest corner of the garden there is a lonely willow tree. Bai Yuyi's poem: "永豐西角荒園裏,盡日無人屬阿誰 (In a west corner of the wild garden in Yongfang ward, All day long none came to see). Later, the poet used the word Yongfang willow to refer to the willow in the garden, implying a lonely woman with no support

Reference: Bài thơ: Thiên thu tuế - 千秋歲 (Trương Tiên - 張先) (thivien.net) 

blabla100:

Now I wonder if the poem from chapter 43 is about Jing or XL. 

XL

"Sauvignon Blanc Flowers Like Yi" (Ouyang Xiu) Flowers are like Yi, willows are like Yi, flowers and willows are like Yi, when young people part with flowers and willows, they lower their heads and shed tears.

To the east of the Yangtze River and to the west of the Yangtze River, mandarin ducks fly in two places on both sides of the Yangtze River. You know when they will meet.

windiaaa041293:

XL

"Sauvignon Blanc Flowers Like Yi" (Ouyang Xiu) Flowers are like Yi, willows are like Yi, flowers and willows are like Yi, when young people part with flowers and willows, they lower their heads and shed tears.

To the east of the Yangtze River and to the west of the Yangtze River, mandarin ducks fly in two places on both sides of the Yangtze River. You know when they will meet.

@blabla100

There is also the third part of Jing's proposal, "The peach blossoms are falling all over the sky, like the rain in the south of the Yangtze River. Xiaotian seems to have seen his father and mother, looking at her with a smile." Why do peach blossoms look like rain? Isn't the rain also Xiang Liu? Look When you think of your parents, who else can you think of? Isn’t it the big devil? "I do!" Xiaotian shook off Jing's hand and fled into the hut. After agreeing, shouldn't we shake hands or embrace each other? Shake off Jing's hand, because it's not him who agrees in my heart.

liddi:

Voted. It appears we have 5 votes, and can use all the votes on the same person. What we end up with each vote is a public post about the person we voted for. 

Many thanks, Liddi! Yes, it’s like a “recommendation” :)

The poem whic is used in Vol 3 Ch11 (Chapter 44):Familiar person's heart changes easily

In this chapter, XY returned to Shennong Mountain with clearer thought. She asked CX to arrange the new leader for Tushan clan's business. Later she opened a clinic in Zhjyi and investigated who wanted to kill her. Xin Yue's 2nd attempt to kill XY. The literal meaning of the chapter title refers to the change of Xin Yue's interation to XY. 

纳兰性德 - Song poem of Magnolia by Na Lan Xing De from the Qing dynasty 

,If life is just like the first time
。The autumn wind will not make the fan sad
*,Like idle change refuses the old friend's heart
*。But the way is that familiar person's heart changes easily

,The talk in Lishan is just over at midnight
。Night rain and the bell never complains
,how about your heartless my darling
。how about the connection vow like wing to wing, branch to branch on that day?

(*):  means old friend. however, the Kaola translation used the term "familiar person" for that. Therefore, this term is used in the phrase containing the chapter title. 

This is an song poem expressing the resentment of woman after breaking up with a man who hasn't seen her again for a long time. 

Jing was missing in the previous chapter. It doesn't mean his heart changed. So this poem does not indicate him. 

We see hints of  "connection vow like wing to wing, branch to branch". Who had such connection with her? It's XL. XL rescued XY from the water vortex in previous chapter (43). Who complained whom for his/her heart's change

Reference: Bài thơ: Mộc lan hoa lệnh - Nghĩ cổ quyết tuyệt từ giản hữu - 木蘭花令-擬古決絕詞柬友 (Nạp Lan Tính Đức - 納蘭性德) (thivien.net) 

@H19279

I am confused, I don't really understand the meaning of this poem (44), I mean I understand the lyrics, but I am not sure what it is that it's trying to express. Is it a love poem? Someone's feelings changed? Is it about XY overcoming Jing's death or maybe that her feelings changed în regards to XL? Or maybe it's about Xin Yue and the way she betrayed XY? 

blabla100:

@H19279

I am confused, I don't really understand the meaning of this poem (44), I mean I understand the lyrics, but I am not sure what it is that it's trying to express. Is it a love poem? Someone's feelings changed? Is it about XY overcoming Jing's death or maybe that her feelings changed în regards to XL? Or maybe it's about Xin Yue and the way she betrayed XY? 

Literal meaning: It implies Xin Yue's heart changes easily. She used to be XY's friend, treated her well. But after she became queen and discovered CX's secret love to XY, she wanted to eliminate XY. This is the 2nd attempt to kill XY

Beneath meaning: She complained that the relationship with XL has changed. She blamed him to be heartless

H19279:

Literal meaning: It implies Xin Yue's heart changes easily. She used to be XY's friend, treated her well. But after she became queen and discovered CX's secret love to XY, she wanted to eliminate XY. This is the 2nd attempt to kill XY

Beneath meaning: She complained that the relationship with XL has changed. She blamed him to be heartless

Ah I see. It makes sense, thank you for explaining! 

Chapter 47 (Vol 3 - Chapter 14): Tittle in  Chinese is 道凄凉,谁说 (The way is desolate, talk to whom)

XY returned to Shennong mountain and try to find out who assisted TJH to kill Jing. Finally, she figured out that was CX who was behind the plot. She wanted to take revenge of his betray to her trust. However, she also thought that she was partly the reason's for CX's mistake. She poisoned CX and herself to kill herself. In the end, she spared CX's life

The title is referred to the below poem:

夜行船 [Night Boat] by 侯善渊 Hou Shan Yuan from Yuan dynasty

可惜芳年穷妙理。           It's a pity that I have poor ideas in my youth
中途滞、教门无主。      Got stuck halfway, the sect has no owner
凄凉, 故人*疏淡,The temple way is desolate, the old friend (*) became distant
那更暮天愁雨。                It even gets more darker, and sadly rains

块坐宾横空无语。          Spanned in the sky, the block of guests are sitting, speechless
赤心诉、委。      Empty heart complains, who knows the origin (i.e., the cause)
拂袖归山,碧溪深处, Shake the sleeves out of anger, back to the mountain, deep in jade-green stream,
说不尽、离愁若许。     Too much to say, maybe it's as if the pain of separation

Note (*) 故人: means people that you have known before 

Literal meaning: CX killed Jing, betraying XY's trust on him. Her trustful gege had changed. Grandfather also hid the truth from her. She is alone on her life (way) which she now could not share to anyone. 

Beneath meaning: She got stuck. She trusted CX so much, treasured him. After knowing what he did, she didn't know how to punish him and take proper revenge. She carried so much pain of separation to all 故人 (to "old" CX, Jing and maybe XL as well (she vowed not to see him forever in the previous chapter)). At the end, she "shake the sleeve out of anger" - committed suicide as the way to escape.

Reference: 夜行船原文_侯善渊_古诗词网 (gushici.net) 

@Liddi: I could not find the translation in Vietnamese. So this translation is my attempt with help from some translation tool and Chinese dictionary. You may take a look to correct some possible mistranslation

blabla100:
"XL knows that XY loves him and doesn't doubt her love

XY knows that she loves XL, she is fully aware of being in love with him"

Yes, I totally agree. Also I'd add that XY never actually knew for sure how XL felt about her, I know a lot of people belive that she knew, yet she rejected him, but I honestly don't belive that's the case. She never knew for sure, she was always conflicted about what he feels for her. She couldn't feel him through the bugs connection and XL always gave her mixed signals.

So far, according to the writing techniques used in the novel, the only statements that I dare be positive about are:

• XL knows that XY loves him and doesn't doubt her love
  • XY knows that she loves XL, she is fully aware of being in love with him

For now, I am not sure about whether XY knows or doesn't know XL's real feelings or the extent of XL's feelings for her. We had glimpse here and there that both theories hold up well (still according to the hidden "between the lines" story).

But we learn something new every day and make a lot of progress with all the materials at our disposal, be it on MDL (see, we're into poetry at the moment!) or elsewhere.

We haven't identified yet all of the writing techniques and also we haven't even yet put the whole novel through the filter of each known technique.

windiaaa041293:

XL

I almost missed your comment. Thank you and yea, I thought so too. What's up with the lamp though? 

Xiao Yao picked a white and green robe and the maids did her hair with a bell hair pin so it whistled as she walked. She took a few steps and felt tired but the maids were gasping in joy and clapping “Princess, go see the person now. We promise he will never ever be able to forget you.”

[...]

Xiao Yao wasn’t scared, she had been cliff diving since she was young and she actually quite enjoyed this free fall before entering the ocean.

The wind blew her hair around her and her robe billowed out so she looked like a falling butterfly with green wings flying towards the ocean.

From the novel to the drama, the attention to detail is truly admirable. Cute easter egg: Xiao Yao wears butterflies hairpins.

In the novel, XY/WXL is often compared to a butterfly:

Xiao Liu was like a beautiful butterfly falling into the silver water and disappearing into the depths.

Actually, XY wears a few times butterfly accessories in the drama:

@blimarch

Yea, I know what you are saying and maybe you are right, but personally I am definetely leaning towards the "XY didn't know for sure how XL felt about her" theory. For one, even though she wasn't able to feel him through the bugs connection, she did try / want to.  There must be a reason for that. I am not doubting XL capacity to stop her from feeling anything that he felt, so her being curious about his feelings makes me belive that she was conflicted and didn't know for sure. Also, she did test him about the bugs on at least two ocassions. In chapter 29, after she found out the name of the bugs and in chapter 37, after she spoke with the Voodoo king. Both discussions I interpret as her testing the waters and not really as her trying to convince XL to get rid of the bugs.