@liddi

Chapter 15: Thousands of knots in the heart

... was killed. Later, the queen brought this seashell covered with blood curses. She said that it might be useful to put the young lady in it. Yin Guan...

I don't understand, maybe @liddi can help..

@H19279

Chapter 34: The east wind is evil , happiness is thin, fishing and law enforcement occur.

1. [From] " The Hairpin Phoenixby Lu You of the Southern Song Dynasty. Red hands , yellow wine. The city is filled with spring scenery and willows on the palace walls . The east wind is evil and happiness is thin. Many years separated, my mind full of sorrow. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Spring is as old as ever, and people are thin and empty. The tear stains are red and rawPeach blossoms fall , leisure pool pavilion. Although the mountain alliance is there, it is difficult to trust the brocade book. Mo, mo, mo! This poem is about Lu You's own love tragedy. The first part of the poem recalls the happy love life in the past and laments the pain of forced divorce, which has two meanings. The lines of "East Wind Evil" are the second level, describing the writer's painful mood after being forced to divorce Tang's family. The three words "East Wind Evil" are a pun with rich implications. They are the key to the whole poem and the crux of the poet's love tragedy. Originally, the east wind can revitalize the earth and bring vitality to all things. However, when it blows and sweeps wildly, it will also destroy the spring appearance. The following sentence says, "Peach blossoms fall in the leisure pond pavilion", which is exactly what it says. It is the serious consequences of its wild blowing and sweeping, so it is called "evil". However, it is mainly a metaphor for the "evil" forces that caused the poet's love tragedy. The second part of the poem, from lamenting the past back to reality, further expresses the great sadness of his wife being forced to divorce, which is also divided into two levels.

2. The fishing enforcement was held in the palace, and everyone spoke harshly to Xiaoyao. The east wind revives all things, which is a good thing for all people, but for Xiaoyao, the east wind brings disaster and brings disaster to Xiao Qiang . The separation between her and her husband was caused by the east wind.

3. Is Yiying and Hou considered the evil of the east wind and the lack of joy? Hey~

"The Hairpin-headed Phoenix: Red Crispy Hands" Red Crispy Hands, Yellow Vine Wine, Garden Full of Spring Scenery and Palace Wall Willow Appreciation - Lu You's Poems

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/582825117?utm_id=0

Hairpin-headed phoenix·Hongsu hands original text

Hairpin-headed Phoenix·Red Crispy Hands

Lu You

Red crisp hands, yellow vine wine, the garden is full of spring scenery and willows on the palace walls.

The east wind is bad, happiness is thin, and I am full of melancholy. I have been away for a few years.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Spring is as old as ever, people are thin and empty, and the tears are red and raw.

The peach blossoms have fallen, and the pavilion is idle. Although the mountain alliance is there, it is difficult to hold the brocade book.

Mo, mo, mo.

Appreciation of Hairpin-headed Phoenix·Red Crispy Hands

This poem is about Lu You's own love tragedy. The entire poem describes the poet's encounter with Tang Wan, expressing their deep attachment and longing for each other .

The first three sentences are the first level of the palace, recalling the beautiful scene of visiting Shen Garden with the Tang family in the past: "Red hands, yellow vine wine, the city is full of spring scenery and willows on the palace walls" writes Tang Wan's beauty and also hints at Tang Wan's beauty. Lu's mutual admiration and the author's infinite melancholy, the love is like a willow in the wall, out of reach. The three words "East Wind Evil" are a pun with rich meanings. They are the key to the whole poem and the crux of the poet's love tragedy. The following three sentences further express the poet's resentment against the "East Wind" and add the word "evil": "The joy is thin, the melancholy is full of sorrow, and I have been away for several years." The first three sentences of the poem are the first layer. , describing Tang's performance when Shen Yuan reunited, the poet used the technique of line drawing, "tears stained red and crocodile silk through", making it appear more euphemistic, calm, and more vivid and touching. On the second level, the lyricist himself used a technique of expressing his feelings directly; when writing about Tang syndrome, he changed the technique and only wrote about the changes in her appearance and body and her painful mood. This shows that the poet is deeper in emotion than words. The last few sentences of the poem are the second level, describing the writer's painful feelings after meeting Tang's family. The two sentences "Peach Blossoms Falling" echo the sentence "East Wind Evil" in the top line, highlighting that although the description of the scene is a description of the scene, it also implies human affairs.

The whole poem has a rapid rhythm and a sad tone, coupled with two exclamations of "wrong, wrong, wrong" and "mo, mo, mo", which is soul-stirring, expressing the author's angry condemnation of feudal ethics, and at the same time the author's bitterness and helplessness. The cry. This poem achieves the perfect unity of content and form, and is a unique and tear-jerking piece of work.

About the author of Hairpin Phoenix·Hongsu Hands

Lu You, also known as Ziwuguan, also known as Fangweng ,wrote a large number of works throughout his life, and most of them mainly expressed patriotism, political ambitions and people's sufferings.

windiaaa041293:

@liddi

Chapter 15: Thousands of knots in the heart

... was killed. Later, the queen brought this seashell covered with blood curses. She said that it might be useful to put the young lady in it. Yin Guan...

I don't understand, maybe @liddi can help..

May I know which part do you not understand? Is it the reference to blood curses? I translated this section back in p300. Xiang Liu covered the white seashell Xiao Yao slept in with blood spells, which gathered and enveloped her with abundant water spiritual energy, which would help to keep her heart beating:

归墟海上的水晶洞内,漂浮着一枚白色的海贝,海贝上遍布血咒,小夭无声无息地躺在咒文中央。充沛的水灵灵气汇聚在她身周,就好似蓝色的轻烟在萦绕流动,让她显得极不真实。玱玹伸出手,想确定她依旧在,却怕破坏阵法,又缩回了手,只能眼睛一眨不眨地盯着。

潇潇说:“小姐给自己下的毒分量很重,我们找到陛下时,小姐气息已绝。可鄞发现小姐仍然有极其微弱的心跳,我们就带着陛下和小姐一起赶来了归墟。鄞知道如何救陛下,却不知道该如何保住小姐的命,后来是王后拿来了这枚遍布血咒的海贝,她说把小姐放在里面,也许有用。鄞观察了几天,发现这枚海贝的确有用,一直维持着小姐的心跳。鄞想找到用海贝设置阵法的人,可王后说,这枚海贝在五神山的藏宝库里很多年了,也不知是哪位先祖无意中收藏的宝物,连白帝陛下都不会清楚,她是无意中发现的。

A white seashell floated on the surface in a crystal cave on Guixu sea. 
The seashell was covered with blood spells, and Xiao Yao laid silently in the centre of the written spells. Abundant spiritual energy from water spirits gathered to envelope her like blue mist, lingering and flowing, making her appear ethereal. Cang Xuan reached out his hand, wanting to make sure she was still there but then withdrew his hand for fear of breaking the formation, and could only stare at her without blinking.

Xiao Xiao said, "The Young Lady gave herself a strong dose of the poison. When we found Your Majesty, she had stopped breathing. However, Yin discovered that she still had an extremely weak heartbeat, so we rushed Your Majesty and her here to Guixu. Yin knew how to save Your Majesty, but did not know how to keep the Young Lady alive. In the end, it was the Empress who brought this 
seashell covered with blood spells, and said it might help if we put the Young Lady inside. After several days' observation, Yin found that the seashell really did work, and had kept the Young Lady's heart beating. Yin wanted to find the person who set up the formation on the seashell, but Her Majesty said that the seashell had been stored in the Royal Depository on Five Gods Mountain for many years, and it was not known which of the ancestors accidentally collected this treasure. Even the Gao Xin king would not know, and she only came upon it by accident.

-- Vol 3 Ch15  (Chapter 48)

About fishing and law enforcement occur.
Just like how Xiaoyao trapped Hou.

1. Law enforcement officers pretend to be passers-by and proactively strike up a conversation with the driver and ask for a ride in a "black car". The driver agrees. This is the situation that has been criticized the most by public opinion. It is said that according to strict requirements, law enforcement officers cannot take the initiative to strike up conversations and induce them. If they take the initiative to induce them, the law enforcement officers will It is a violation;
2. Law enforcement officers pretend to be passers-by, and the driver takes the initiative to pull the law enforcement officers into a black car. This kind of driver is committed to breaking the law, and the law enforcement officers do not break the law;

Corrections welcome.

@liddi

Sorry if my sentences are a bit messy.

1. Is the blood in the clams XL blood?
If yes, the meaning is almost the same as when XL gave blood to Xy at the bottom of the sea at 37 years.
<Xiao Yao rested inside the sea shell like a precious pearl. After the Royal Mother checked, she noted that the blood magic written on the sea shell was magic to prolong Xiao Yao's life. How did Zhuan Xu obtain such a priceless treasure? The Royal Mother closed the sea shells and ordered "Have the sea shells thrown into the lake!">

2. Actually, xy can wake up even if XL doesn't come, but that will take decades.
It was the same as 37 years at the bottom of the sea, when XL slowly treated Xiaoyao, without having to take extreme paths.
If this is true, xy should slowly start to be able to feel or hear, like 37 years under the sea.
<Royal Mother said "I don't have the strength to lift him. All I know is that right now Xiao Yao won't die, she might wake up in twenty or thirty years, or maybe two hundred or three hundred years.">

3. XL came to Yusan to wake up Xy faster. Just like he did at the bottom of the sea for 37 years, he used more extreme methods so that Xiaoyao could wake up faster.

When XL used extreme methods to wake up Xy, Xy's condition at that time was fainting. So he woke up the next day. So when in Yusan, when XL removed the mirror, Xy also fainted. But xy knew that the one who saved her was XL.

Corrections welcome..

@liddi

One moment when warmth entered him, Xiao Yao felt his heart beating again. His heart jumped as if he had met an old friend.

Xiao Yao wanted to laugh: Xiang Liu, is that you? I've healed you many times, now it's your turn to repay me.

Many times, Xiao Yao didn't know how long time passed but he felt that time was very slow!

<Yin signed, "Miss poisoned herself with enough poison to kill herself. It's unclear whether her body had built up a tolerance to the poison or some other unknown factor, but she technically died because she stopped breathing. But for some strange reason her heart continued beating. If this continues, he will likely sleep forever like this. I don't have the skills to wake him up, but there are likely two people who can.">

windiaaa041293:
1. Is the blood in the clams XL blood?
If yes, the meaning is almost the same as when XL gave blood to Xy at the bottom of the sea at 37 years.

Yes the blood spell would have used Xiang Liu's blood. However, it does not serve the same function as the blood he fed her during the 37 years. When Xiang Liu later came to heal her, the novel says this:

相柳搂着小夭,盘腿坐在白色的海贝上,咬破舌尖,将心头精血喂给小夭。情人蛊同命连心,只要一息尚存,精血交融,生机自会延续。

Xiang Liu held Xiao Yao in his arms and sat cross-egged on the white seashell. Biting the tip of his tongue, he fed Xiao Yao his heart's essential blood. The lovers bug enables lives to share the same fates and connects hearts. As long as breath remained, life could be extended with the merging of essential blood.

-- Vol 3 Ch15  (Chapter 48)

In other words, it is not enough to use a blood spell. The blood spell on the seashell basically keeps her heart beating (maintain her life signs), but does not heal. In order to heal her, their essential blood must merge - in other words she must ingest his essential blood.

windiaaa041293:
2. Actually, xy can wake up even if XL doesn't come, but that will take decades.
It was the same as 37 years at the bottom of the sea, when XL slowly treated Xiaoyao, without having to take extreme paths.

No this is not how I interpret it - please see my response above. The blood spell on the seashell just keeps her body physically alive indefinitely. However, she will not wake up without healing, which is what the ingesting of essential blood does.

windiaaa041293:
3. XL came to Yusan to wake up Xy faster. Just like he did at the bottom of the sea for 37 years, he used more extreme methods so that Xiaoyao could wake up faster.

When XL used extreme methods to wake up Xy, Xy's condition at that time was fainting. So he woke up the next day. So when in Yusan, when XL removed the mirror, Xy also fainted. But xy knew that the one who saved her was XL.

I do agree that Xiang Liu kept her heart beating with the lover's bug connection once he realised what she had done, which was why she still had a faint heartbeat even though she was not breathing when she and Cang Xuan were found after her suicide attempt. However, remember that Xiao Yao and Cang Xuan were brought to Guixu sea (within the Gao Xin region, where A Nian was) soon after they were discovered, and this time, he arranged for A Nian to send the seashell to keep her heart beating. As such, if Xiao Yao had even the slightest hint of his presence, it would have been brief because the blood spell-covered seashell would then have taken over soon after that. 

Do note though that Xiao Yao's condition during this suicide attempt would have been far less grave compared to the Plum Forest assassination, which took Xiang Liu so many hours to get to her, and the extent of her injuries. This time, she was interred in the seashell very soon after, and remained in a stable physical state until Xiang Liu finally came to Jade Mountain to heal her. In which case, I am hard pressed to believe that she was ever reverted into a state of limbo before the healing. 

Also, the novel described that Xiang Liu only took a little more than 半盏茶工夫  (time taken to drink half a cup of tea ~= 5 mins) after Lie Yang initially attacked him, before he finished healing her and brought her out of the water. As such, it would indicate that the healing did not require overly drastic measures to wake her up. 

In addition, this time round, Xiang Liu would have made certain not to make his presence known to her, unlike during the time he rushed to save her and the 37 years after, where he let his guard down because a) he needed her to feel his presence so that he could guide her to continue to live;  and b) He probably did not realise at the time that she was actually conscious and could hear everything he said as she slowly healed. Remember that he reiterated to Sir Bi that Xiao Yao never wanted to see him again in this lifetime, so he would have taken pains to keep his presence a secret. Not forgetting the fact that he made sure to destroy the seashell before he left, leaving no trace that he was ever once there.

So basically my interpretation is that it is very likely she would still not have been aware that it was ultimately Xiang Liu who came and healed her this time round, because he would have shielded his presence from her in addition to all the steps he did to destroy any evidence of him being remotely involved in saving her. And to make doubly sure, he then ensured that she was put into a deep sleep and sealed her consciousness after the healing.

@H19279

Wow thank you so much for posting these poems and the interpretation behind them, I do belive they  inspired TH and there is a message there to be find. 

@windiaaa

So this is the pearl lamp you talked about previously? I honestly didn't notice it when I was reading the novel, but If this lamp was mentioned în various ocassions, including one when XY took it with her while traveling, I am sure it's quite important and there must be a meaning behind it. I am very curious now to find out more about it. I remember there is the mention of a lamp în the poem linked to chapter 49 too, "afraid that reunion is just a dream". There are many things that caught my attention în that chapter, another one is that, when Jing returned and told XY that he has been saved by a mercouple, could it be that she was so dense that she didn't put 2 and 2 togheter?  Like really? 

Speaking of blood, in chapter 46 when XL sucked XY's blood for the last time, it says that he didn't suck much as a symbolic punishment of sort. I don't really understand this part, i don't belive it's very important,  but I am curious. He didn't suck much as a punishment (for him, for her?),  or he didn't really need her blood at that moment, but he still sucked a bit as a punishment for the arrow XY shooted at him? 

"Xiang Liu didn’t let go, and instead pulled Xiao Yao closer to him by her neck “Did you forget the arrow you just shot into me? A blood debt needs a blood payment!” Xiang Liu lowered his head and bit down on Xiao Yao’s neck and began sucking her blood.

Xiao Yao tried to push him away but couldn’t break free, while Xiang Liu didn’t suck much and this appeared to be a symbolic punishment of sort"

Apologies for the interruption, but can we pretty pleased try to get Tan to win this thing? 

It’s this year’s Weibo TV & Internet Video Summit. Lost You Forever, Are You Safe?, and Xiang Liu/Fangfeng Bei are among the nominees.

https://weibo.com/2637571067/4967192401807242

I don’t know how many times we can vote, it’s all a bit confusing, but any help would be much appreciated <3 The other dude is getting awfully close and that can’t happen :D

@blabla100

Xiao Yao tried to push him away but couldn’t break free, while Xiang Liu didn’t suck much and this appeared to be a symbolic punishment of sort"

1. as it said. it is a symbolic punishment because she shot him

2. it is their special intimacy gesture between them

3. it is his farewell “kiss”

4. he aimed to make her hate him. he didn’t need sucking her blood for healing

@Lididi

In addition, this time round, Xiang Liu would have made certain not to make his presence known to her, unlike during the time he rushed to save her and the 37 years after, where he let his guard down because a) he needed her to feel his presence so that he could guide her to continue to live;  and b)

i agree with you that he DID cast a spell to make and keep her unconscious but after the treatment, Reading the text about how he got into the shell until he started feeding her then Lie Yang and Ah Bi came to protect XY, there was no evidence that he did the unconscious spelll. She was still in “dead” mode. 

however, after Ah Bi and Lie yang realized that XL was doing favor to save her, they stayed by the pond and waited him (about 5’, he brought XY up). It is blank space in the story there. they didn’t know what he did during that 5’ and so do we. if he cast a spell, it would be within that 5’, meaning after the treatment.

H19279:

@blabla100

Xiao Yao tried to push him away but couldn’t break free, while Xiang Liu didn’t suck much and this appeared to be a symbolic punishment of sort"

1. as it said. it is a symbolic punishment because she shot him

2. it is their special intimacy gesture between them

3. it is his farewell “kiss”

4. he aimed to make her hate him. he didn’t need sucking her blood for healing

Ah thank you. I thought so, but I wanted some confirmation. 

@H19279

Can you find the poems for chapters 20 and 43, if I'm not mistaken, for chapter 43 the poem is also on the cover of the Sauvignon Blanc book.