H19279:

@ blabla 100

Xiao Yao looked around and saw all the same blooming flowers just like it was before, bringing the sensation that a refined gentleman would walk through the door at any moment smiling at her.

this part linked to her memory after she recovered from the injury caused by XL (after the scene in the pool,, Jing found her, she was unconscious for 10 days).

jing  was killed by the river. However i wonder now why xL knew her did not come to the river. Did he hide there, waiting to see her?

what chapter is this? I forgot.

windiaaa041293:

I also feel strange about XL's words.
If xy has not accepted jing's death, she should visit the place where jing was last seen. she should at least visit it. LOL.
XL words like: Don't forget Jing's death.

"You still haven’t accepted his death, this trip to Qing Shui Town you didn’t even pay a visit to the last place he was at before he died.”

That's kinda my take as well. Idk why, but sometimes I have the feeling that it's not about what XY actually feels, but about XL trying to lead her on what she should feel and think. Same goes for chapter 43, she started missing Jing only after XL got angry at her. 

Chapter 6, I belive. 

windiaaa041293:

what chapter is this? I forgot.

chapter 46

@Liddi
does it mean similar to the chapter tittle with this combination

误生死作相思 = 错将生死作相思

after finishing Once Promised i also consider to read 步步惊心. However after hearing about the love motif which is sad, similar to LYF, I decided to skip.

H19279:

@Liddi
does it mean similar to the chapter tittle with this combination

误生死作相思 = 错将生死作相思

after finishing Once Promised i also consider to read 步步惊心. However after hearing about the love motif which is sad, similar to LYF, I decided to skip.

Does Tong Hua wrote any novel that actually have a true happy ending? They all seems melancholy to me. 

HeadInTheClouds:

Does Tong Hua wrote any novel that actually have a true happy ending? They all seems melancholy to me. 

IMO ballad of the desert has a happy ending. Her first love interest is left alone, but the FL is clearly happy with her choice. In fact, IIRC the only sadness she has by the end of the novel is that she can't reciprocate his love anymore, since she already fell în love with someone else.  The ending for that novel was quite clear for me. 

Altough she did love 2 men, I personally belive that she did fall for the end-game first, but she got distracted by the second lead on the road. 

Sometimes I wonder what kind of love life did TH have to write such melancholy stories...

In most Tonghua novels, married couples are not the favorite?

I think I've posted about this before, but I haven't reread the chapter.

After I re-read chapter 45:

Firstly the Phoenix flower is CX and it symbolizes family affection between cx and xy.
And after xy knew cx's true feelings, cx transformed the Phoenix flower into a rose.
This means he told xy that family affection had turned into love.
It's like echoing when XY and Jing kissed. It feels like nextar Phoenix.

liddi:

I would ask the same from you too. It is ridiculous that after all this time, I still found myself triggered and down again after talking about Xiang Liu destroying his home yesterday on the LMLMV thread. Which is why I am so glad I found the latest fanfic to dive into and cheer myself up. And of course, fishmonger Xiang Liu is now perpetually a much needed source of mirth and joy.

I need S2 soon. Hopefully, after it ends, I might have some chance of moving on...

Same, same. I've been finding solace in fan fiction. Unfortunately, with the leak script, I have not been feeling too kindly towards Xiao Yao so can't even use fanfiction right now. Boo! Have you seen this gif from Elise? It's a little bit of silliness to remind us that it's just fiction :-)

nathsketch:

Guuurl what are you even talking about? How many times have we told you that Xiang Liu won’t ever let us go :”

No moving on allowed :)

Is he going to kidnap me and keep me in his seashell under the sea? If yes, then it won't be too bad I suppose :-)

I just mentioned to Meng Xiang that it's harder to get over Xiang Liu than some of my exes. I guess I'll be hanging around you ladies a little longer. We still have Season 2 to suffer through together. 

Elise:
Also, idk if you watched this yet. There's this Japanese movie called My Happy Marriage. The male lead reminds me of Xiang Liu but unlike Xiang Liu, his character does get the girl and a happy ending. It's on YouTube with English subs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8It6jbus-9g

Thank you for the rec. Will add it to my TBW list. Thank god for shows with actual happy endings.

windiaaa041293:

I think I've posted about this before, but I haven't reread the chapter.

After I re-read chapter 45:

Firstly the Phoenix flower is CX and it symbolizes family affection between cx and xy.
And after xy knew cx's true feelings, cx transformed the Phoenix flower into a rose.
This means he told xy that family affection had turned into love.
It's like echoing when XY and Jing kissed. It feels like nextar Phoenix.

i plan to write a post on the hibiscus flower inspired by your post (just to make it clearer)

i read chapter 45 last night again. the flower what CX made illusion for XY was white wild rose (not normal rose) i am still searching for the meaning of that flower

@HeadInTheCloulds
Boo! Have you seen this gif from Elise? It's a little bit of silliness to remind us that it's just fiction :-)
He looked quite different with complete makeup for XL compared with him while practicing in BTS

I don’t know how many of you feel extra sad because of novel XL with TJC’s performance?

I appreciate his performance and he made XL more humane, easily imagination for audience or reader.

I also like some of his career outside XL. Luckily i don’t fall into TJC so much. I like TJC-XL more than the actor.

i accept the ending and i find hunting easter eggs in the book which is beneficial for XL is the way to relieve my feeling for XL (to prove that he was loved too). if you have other favorite actors or actress, watch their work or some already started watching LMLMV. I don’t think of XL when i watch that drama :))

i also like to discuss with you all ladies. i live far away from home country and don’t have many friends here. this discussion is a kind of relaxing place to communicate with others

@windiaaa @H19279

Very interesting, I will be looking forward to learn more about these flowers, I am sure each of them has their significance, but personally I am not a flower type of person, so I can't differ them at all. 

"I like TJC-XL more than the actor."

Same here.  

H19279:
He looked quite different with complete makeup for XL compared with him while practicing in BTS

I don’t know how many of you feel extra sad because of novel XL with TJC’s performance?

I appreciate his performance and he made XL more humane, easily imagination for audience or reader.

I also like some of his career outside XL. Luckily i don’t fall into TJC so much. I like TJC-XL more than the actor.

I keep on saying to nathsketh that I can't see Xiang Liu in TJC at all :-)!

Xiang Liu is Xiang Liu. TJC is TJC. They are not the same to me. While I appreciate TJC's performance as Xiang Liu, I liked the character long before the drama and TJC were in the picture. I also have a strong preference for the novel Xiang Liu (he's different to the drama Xiang Liu). I really hate what they are doing to the character in the Season 2 leaked script. 

TJC is talented and I'll check out his dramas going forward, but whether I stick to the drama or not it will depend a lot on the dramas themselves. And yes, there's no Xiang Liu in Dr. Mo of Love My Voice.

H19279:
i accept the ending and i find hunting easter eggs in the book which is beneficial for XL is the way to relieve my feeling for XL (to prove that he was loved too). if you have other favorite actors or actress, watch their work or some already started watching LMLMV. I don’t think of XL when i watch that drama :))

Yep. I've accepted the ending of the novel years ago; I actually think it's a very good one as it really highlighted all the wonderful qualities in Xiang Liu and the tragedy that made him so memorable. Which is why I hate the leaked script so much. It cheapened his character; turning him into some pitiful, lovesick, typical second male lead with unrequited love. That completely changed the character and the story. No, no, no!!

H19279:
i also like to discuss with you all ladies. i live far away from home country and don’t have many friends here. this discussion is a kind of relaxing place to communicate with others

You should keep in contact with us. It's not easy being in a foreign country, far from your family and friends. This thread has been a really lovely place to discuss and share our liking for this story and character. It makes the whole experience a lot more enjoyable, IMO.

I'm currently watching A Journey to Love and enjoying it. Hopefully, it will stay engaging until the end. So many Cdramas start well, only to devolve in horrible, draggy messes.

Mo Qing Cheng to Gu Sheng (from LMLMV novel)

“If we don’t even start, we won’t know the ending, right?”

If only XL can be less noble and take a page from MQC. *Sigh* that is what make him such an unforgettable character but still I can‘t help but wondering what it could have been…. if only TH decided while writing the novel that the best lesson XY can learn is having the courage to face and overcome her abandonment issue is by acting on her love to XL despite the uncertainty of their future and learn that even without XL she can stand on her own feet as a complete whole person (and maybe bring up a few mini snakes as well while she‘s at it =p).

I‘m dreading S2 now more than ever because I agree with @HeadInTheClouds take on the leaked script

Yep. I've accepted the ending of the novel years ago; I actually think it's a very good one as it really highlighted all the wonderful qualities in Xiang Liu and the tragedy that made him so memorable. Which is why I hate the leaked script so much. It cheapened his character; turning him into some pitiful, lovesick, typical second male lead with unrequited love. That completely changed the character and the story. No, no, no!!

*shaking head in distress* T T