Kokuto:

It's a verrrry nice profile page. :)

I spent far too long staring at it

nathsketch:

I spent far too long staring at it 

The story of my life with Tan Jian Ci nowadays.

I even changed my profile pic because I'm manifesting this man in my life so hard I'll bust a gut ???

nathsketch:

I even changed my profile pic because I'm manifesting this man in my life so hard I'll bust a gut ???

LOL!  It's only the fact that millions are doing the same mind manifestations, that is keeping him from appearing.  

Love that pic.

Kokuto:

LOL!  It's only the fact that millions are doing the same mind manifestations, that is keeping him from appearing.  

Love that pic.

Hahahah poor guy, too many places to show up at the same time ??

nathsketch:

Hahahah poor guy, too many places to show up at the same time ??

LOL!  The same problem Santa Claus faces every Christmas. ;p

Kokuto:

LOL!  The same problem Santa Claus faces every Christmas. ;p

Hey! I want me some gifts! I've been a good girl ?

mimi0108

@Kokuto I see what you mean and, indeed, it is possible that he didn't assume his feelings before having the poison love bug x)

For me, I see it like this: he's been aware of having feelings for her since episode 7, as shown by the times he tries to pat her on the head, the looks he gives her and so on. But the poison love bug is a test for him. He's never known romantic love but he feels that must be how he feels about XY. He is physically attracted to her and thinks to have feelings for her. He also feels like she must have feelings for him since she made the poisonous bug for him (even though she didn't know what she was doing, the bug couple was raised because she was thinking of XL and therefore a part of her loved him enough for the bugs to smell it and flourish). He thinks XY is alone like him and unattached. She is "doomed" anyway since she has the bug in her. Therefore, he wants to have the bug both out of curiosity (to see what romantic love is and if it's what he was feeling) but also to not be alone and have this connection with someone. He almost begs her to transfer the poisonous bug to him, which was comical.

But that's my opinion and, anyway, unless we have a scene telling us precisely when it was, we are all free to interpret as we feel and I love it because it's interesting to see how each interpret scenes x)

Okay, after forcing myself to re-watch some XL scenes -- for research only, RESEARCH, I say -- I have to say, I don't think the moment of falling in love was the moon light walking scene.  Because it was Episode 8 where XY tried to infest XL with the Poison Love Bug and it refused to enter him -- ostensibly because there was not love between them.  Of course, this doesn't mean XL has no feelings for XY before then.  It just means, it isn't recognizably love?

There's several reasons for him to accept XY's request to take on the Poison Love Bug.  He also plans on killing CX, and he knows that will kill XY also, which, no matter what his feelings, he doesn't want to happen. 

I'd forgotten that she was raising the bug with him in mind. It's interesting that she can't create a poison that effects him, EXCEPT for love.  And arguably, since she keeps standing in the way of him killing CX, that's what kills him.

@Kokuto

Thank you so much for your HUGE sacrifice in research ;)

That's a great point you made. I had completely forgotten that it was during episode 8 she tries to insert the bug and that the latter was terrified, which indicates it was afraid of XL and must have felt a barrier. So it seems, indeed, that XL had not yet put into words or accept what he was beginning to feel. Whether it was because he wasn't completely in love yet or simply because he was still reluctant to lower his barriers with her (their relationship being complicated, full of ups and downs).

I like your wording : not a recognizably love.

In fact, what made me say that he was quite aware of his feelings when he accepted the bug is that he is the one who makes it clear to XY that he would like to receive it. He keeps telling her she needs to transfer it to someone else, that CX soldiers aren't suited and he was throwing awkward shy glances at her as if he was saying "me, offer me, I'm suited, I have feelings for you". 

Yeah, since he wants to kill CX and doesn't want XY to die, he doesn't want the two to be linked by the bug but the way he wants the bug indicates for me that, at the very least, he knows he has feelings (even though he may not have put the word "love" on them).

You know, when XL said to XY: "if I don't kill CX today, one day he will kill me", I was like "damn, what a sad foreshadowing".

@Kokuto and @mimi0108

Love your on discussion, very well putting together XL/XY love puzzle first piece on a board. Sadly I dont have anything to add because I'm still on reading right now (very slowly XD), but it's a pleasure to come and read your thoughts and interaction here...Thx!?‍⚖️

@kokuto ...I'd forgotten that she was raising the bug with him in mind. It's interesting that she can't create a poison that affects him, EXCEPT for love.  And arguably, since she keeps standing in the way of him killing CX, that's what kills him.

Thanks! This is new to me in understanding XY/XL love story. And XL knew the effect of this "poison" on him, even the old man warned him about love.  No wonder when he was about to lose himself in love he pushed XY away even in a very harsh way. Still couldn't hurt her (and himself) too much and approached her as FFB.

I'm just gonna leave this here 'cause even if you've already seen it, it doesn't hurt to see it once more (or two, or three ?) https://twitter.com/afterrnoont/status/1695294603564548447

I consider this their first date. It was so cute. Also, did those flower plant things sting her? Or they just pricked her when she touched them? 

nathsketch:

I'm just gonna leave this here 'cause even if you've already seen it, it doesn't hurt to see it once more (or two, or three ?) https://twitter.com/afterrnoont/status/1695294603564548447

I hope we don't get horrible angles when this airs...because why is it that in every drama I watch, the bts footage is always better than the actual footage that is used? Is it censorship ?

Sirry Usly:

I hope we don't get horrible angles when this airs...because why is it that in every drama I watch, the bts footage is always better than the actual footage that is used? Is it censorship ?

If that plastered hand on the glass isn't in the drama, the director, editor, and cinematographer should be fired immediately.   ???