Kokuto:
Ah, but in the drama, XL didn't always wear a mask around 17 -- like when he was picking up or dropping off XY.  I think that was a continuity error on the part of the drama, though.

I guess it's not plot critical for TSJ to not recognize XL earlier. As long as he always wears the mask in front of CX / ZX.

AH :

Lol, although I don't exactly want it to be that way, I'll admit there is something kind of appealing about the massive angst that goes with that concept. And I'd like to think that XY would then be something like a balm to him, especially when he gets to feel her joy through their connection.

Dammit.  Now I'm remembering one of the passages you posted.  When XY got assassinated, she was about to die, and sudden she felt a huge surge of [spirit] power surge through to keep her heart beating, and she felt how tormented that power was.  SOB

I do think XL doubly appreciates his time with XY as FFB, both for himself and feeling her happiness.  But I don't think he appreciates her time with Jing quite as much.

This reminds me of Sense8

nathsketch:

Are people and viewers put through an emotional meat grinder in Sense8?  SOB

nathsketch:

Wolfgang, Kala and Rajan!

Kokuto:

Are people and viewers put through an emotional meat grinder in Sense8?  SOB

I haven't *actually* watched Sense8, but I remember that my friends were obsessed with it. 8 people were connected and they could feel each other's experiences. Like, experiences experiences, you know 

(๑乛◡乛๑)

Kokuto:
Dammit.  Now I'm remembering one of the passages you posted.  When XY got assassinated, she was about to die, and sudden she felt a huge surge of [spirit] power surge through to keep her heart beating, and she felt how tormented that power was.  SOB

I interpreted the heartbeat in that scene to be XL's (which she felt through the connection while he was still travelling to her), and the devastated spiritual power to be from TSJ.

---

She could vividly sense her heart slowly weakening, but just as it was about to stop, she heard another heart beating. It was strong and powerful, leading her heart so that it wouldn’t completely stop. It was like a sole flame in the palms of the hand, seemingly about to be extinguished at any moment, but still flickering weakly with life.

Xiao Yao felt that she heard Xiang Liu snarking at her: Just this and you’re going to give up?

Xiao Yao retorted back at him: What do you mean just this? If you’ve been poked so many holes in like a sieve, air passing through both top and bottom, even if I don’t want to give up I have to give up.

She really had no strength left, so that even the weak sole flame that was keeping her heart beating was too much to sustain. Even with another heart guiding her heart, still the heartbeat grew weaker.

Suddenly power coursed through her, unending streams of power that allowed the weak heartbeat to continue beating.

She couldn’t hear it, couldn’t see it, couldn’t even feel it, but she felt sad because the spiritual power was so sad and devastated. Even the power was crying and Xiao Yao couldn’t even imagine how heartbroken the owner of the spiritual power was.

Xiao Yao wanted to see who was so sad but didn’t have the strength. She could only follow the guidance of the other heart and slowly locked herself up. Just like a flower blooming, the reverse process was to return to being a bud, into a seed, back into the soil, laying in the Winter to wait for the Spring to arrive.

AH  VIP

I interpreted the heartbeat in that scene to be XL's (which she felt through the connection while he was still travelling to her), and the devastated spiritual power to be from TSJ.

Okay.  I feel better now.  And that makes more sense, especially with XL snarking at her for being so weak as to die.

nathsketch:

I haven't *actually* watched Sense8, but I remember that my friends were obsessed with it. 8 people were connected and they could feel each other's experiences. Like, experiences experiences, you know 

(๑乛◡乛๑) 

Ahhh.  Gotcha. ;p

nathsketch:
I haven't *actually* watched Sense8

I'm amazed. There's an OTP3 that maps shockingly well to XL / XY / TSJ. 

Wolfgang - XL. He's a street tough thief who's not afraid to use a bazooka when needed, and his family is in organized crime. He has a difficult relationship with his father. He's fiercely loyal to his fumbling friend Felix. Through his connection with the cluster, Wolfgang discovers that Kala is his soulmate, despite the fact that they live in different worlds (she lives in India and he lives in Germany).

Kala - XY. Initially quite shy about romance and physical intimacy. She's a chemist (basically someone well versed in medicines and poisons) who works for a major pharmaceutical company. She is expected to marry well. She gets engaged to and later marries Rajan, but she has a wild side that she secretly wants to tap into / she secretly wants to escape from her mundane life and marriage.

Rajan - FL / TSJ. The very rich son of the CEO of the pharmaceutical company where Kala works. He genuinely likes Kala and wants to make their marriage work, even after finding out about Wolfgang and the cluster

Wolfgang and Rajan are kind-of-sort-of rivals for a bit. Wolfgang even interrupts Kala's wedding to Rajan. But then they basically become friends and end up forming a throuple with Kala. 

AH :
I'm amazed. There's an OTP3 that maps shockingly well to XL / XY / TSJ.

Bingo! That's it. I knew it all sounded familiar ?

I though TSJ was hidding from A Nian, not from CX, so I though she was the only one able to recognize him, but I might be wrong. Didn't find that part too important to the plot. 

I think XY loves XL  however she is not sure if XL loves her wholeheartedly since he has his duties to the army and he hides his love from her, never declaring his true feelings.  She, does not quite understanding her strong attraction to him, coupled with no confirmation on his side, does not feel certainty between them.

Jing openly declared his love for her, does things for her not expecting anything in return, and he submits to her biding.  There is no doubt he loves her but he is a safe choice for her. 

I think it's a question of.. would you choose the one that loves you (safe) or the one you love (uncertain)?

I feel her heart truly loves XL but because of childhood trauma and insecurities she choose Jing.  Her love for Jing is a safe love.

bqt:

I think XY loves XL  however she is not sure if XL loves her wholeheartedly since he has his duties to the army and he hides his love from her, never declaring his true feelings.  She, does not quite understanding her strong attraction to him, coupled with no confirmation on his side, does not feel certainty between them.

Jing openly declared his love for her, does things for her not expecting anything in return, and he submits to her biding.  There is no doubt he loves her but he is a safe choice for her. 

I think it's a question of.. would you choose the one that loves you (safe) or the one you love (uncertain)?

I feel her heart truly loves XL but because of childhood trauma and insecurities she choose Jing.  Her love for Jing is a safe love.

Spot on, that is how I see it too. 

"Xiao Liu leaned on his crutches and watched them from a distance with Shi Qi beside him. Xiao Liu started NATTERING. This is actually an interesting gamble.  Tian Er doesn’t believe Chuan Zi will want to be with her forever so right now she’s giving him all fake affection. But the more Tian Er is nice to him, the more Chuan Zi is nicer to her. The fake affection will gradually be mixed with real feeling, and as a lifetime passes even the false becomes true. But during this process it’s not without risk. Tian Er is gambling with her heart and if Chuan Zi dared to discard her then one of them is going to end up dead*

XL is the one that XY can't help but love. 

@Kokuto     @AH 

So, Xiang Liu shouldn't even have to suspect that Xiao Liu is the Eldest Princess of Haoling because:

• a princess would never consider giving up her status with all the advantages it provides
  • the Princess of Haoling still has her caring family, so she would not be discarded 
  • the Princess of Haoling wouldn't have to wanderand suffer since many places would be her home(Jade Mountain or Five Gods Mountain)
  • the Princess of Haoling wouldn't risk her life to hide from her cousin ZX
  • the Eldest Princess of Haoling was presumed to be long dead
  • the story of the orphans is not necessarily widespread nor ZX quest to find her
  • the Princess of Haoling  wouldn't need to be a poison master or have a job like a clinician 
  • the Princess of Haoling  wouldn't live with mortals
  • As XL is the Yellow Emperor, the General Princess and ZX  great enemy, the Princess of Haoling  would never want to make friend with him
  • anyway, the Princess of Haoling  wouldn't be someone noticeable or problematic to XL (unless he falls in love with her)

That's flawless!

With this, I can finally rest assured!

What a very clever and detailed master Tong Hua is!

On another note, it's true that I've also been bothered by the fact that XL didn't suspected CX earlier. Eventhough XL was not aware of the existence of CX's vine shop, his own spies must have informed him of everything that was happening in Qing Shui Town. To XL's defence, he's the most wanted profile figure and regular and numerous attempts are made to his life...

But really, CX? Trying to be incognito while calling yourself "Xuan"... that's not very subtle.