They should just give this to Greta Gerwig, or Jane Campion. They could never ruin this and I'd watch it to the very end. And Tan would probably be nominated at the Academy Awards.

nathsketch:

That was painful to watch. During the script reading, they were visibly appalled. I remember seeing Emilia turn into the surprised Pikachu meme

I still remember what she said after finding out what happens to Daenerys. Heartbreaking:

Elise:

I still remember what she said after finding out what happens to Daenerys. Heartbreaking:

I didn't know about this. It's heartbreaking indeed. But it makes so much sense. She was visibly consternated at the table reading. If the actors feel this way and they are the professionals, then the audience really can't be blamed when they take their pitchforks.

nathsketch:
I can understand rooting for a character (lol, that's something I REALLY understand), but some arguments are just ludicrous.

They say Xiao Yao deserves to be with him because he's the only one who sacrificed everything to be with her (his family, his wealth, and status). I mean... it's not like he had much to lose anyway. His family treated him poorly and he didn't care much about his wealth. 

Elise:

They say Xiao Yao deserves to be with him because he's the only one who sacrificed everything to be with her (his family, his wealth, and status). I mean... it's not like he had much to lose anyway. His family treated him poorly and he didn't care much about his wealth. 

No please, that's not really a big sacrifice, what? His family?? Those evil people who kept abusing him over and over again?? 

Exactly, his wealth and status were things he didn't even care about. He kept saying he wished he could always be Shiqi. WHAT??

Please none of this makes sense I'm going bald with this stress agjgzgfjhdghgdbdhdhhdjshshgffgahhhh ?

nathsketch:

I didn't know about this. It's heartbreaking indeed. But it makes so much sense. She was visibly consternated at the table reading. If the actors feel this way and they are the professionals, then the audience really can't be blamed when they take their pitchforks. 

I can't enjoy House of the Dragon fully because I know in the future it'll still end up with Bran on the throne ?

Bran on the throne is the equivalent of Jing getting the girl. I'm sorry, but for me, it's just the "they're the same picture" meme ?

Everyone made sure the world is now a Teletubbies dreamland so the crippled guy can get his happy ending. Roll credits ? At least in Game of Thrones there was a chance to set everything on fire lololol

I really cannot wait for more audiences to watch this. It should be mainstream. People in general do love their happy endings but judging by thousands of YT comments, they also do love their hot white-haired guys with a passion, so this will be stunning to witness. DRACARYS bish ??

nathsketch:

No please, that's not really a big sacrifice, what? His family?? Those evil people who kept abusing him over and over again?? 

Exactly, his wealth and status were things he didn't even care about. He kept saying he wished he could always be Shiqi. WHAT??

Please none of this makes sense I'm going bald with this stress agjgzgfjhdghgdbdhdhhdjshshgffgahhhh ?

If we're talking about who would have to sacrifice the most to be with Xiao Yao, it would be Cang Xuan IMO. He has his harem with 9 wives and a whole kingdom to take care of. If he wasn't on the throne, there'd be chaos.

If Xiang Liu ended up with Xiao Yao, he would have to sacrifice his loyalty to his soldiers and Gong Gong.... My god, I hate Gong Gong so much. Stubborn b*stard.

nathsketch:

Bran on the throne is the equivalent of Jing getting the girl. I'm sorry, but for me, it's just the "they're the same picture" meme ?

Everyone made sure the world is now a Teletubbies dreamland so the crippled guy can get his happy ending. Roll credits ? At least in Game of Thrones there was a chance to set everything on fire lololol

Bran and Jing are similar in some ways ?The way both of their stories ended is not that satisfying.... Also, Bran being on the throne doesn't make much sense. They could've added some hints along the way or foreshadowed it. I remember this quote "And who has a better story than Bran the broken?" .....literally almost everyone else had a better story than Bran.

Elise:

If we're talking about who would have to sacrifice the most to be with Xiao Yao, it would be Cang Xuan IMO. He has his harem with 9 wives and a whole kingdom to take care of. If he wasn't on the throne, there'd be chaos.

If Xiang Liu ended up with Xiao Yao, he would have to sacrifice his loyalty to his soldiers and Gong Gong.... My god, I hate Gong Gong so much. Stubborn b*stard.

Yes, Cang Xuan would be ideal if we're being objective. And it would wrap up the story quite nicely considering what they've been through since day one.

Gong Gong is my most hated character nowadays, and I can't even direct this hate to a specific person because he hasn't shown up.

But sure, let's have her end with Bran, I mean, Jing.

nathsketch:

Yes, Cang Xuan would be ideal if we're being objective. And it would wrap up the story quite nicely considering what they've been through since day one.

Gong Gong is my most hated character nowadays, and I can't even direct this hate to a specific person because he hasn't shown up.

But sure, let's have her end with Bran, I mean, Jing.

Yesss, if it was a typical drama, Xiao Yao would've ended up with Cang Xuan.

I said this before and I'll say it again, I don't see the chemistry with Jing AT ALL. All the chemistry is with Xiang Liu when he's in his Fang Feng Bei persona.

nathsketch:

OMG.  Low blow!  LOL!  Jing = Bran.  That's so wrong.  heh

That will be the name of the LYF sequel ... WORLD ON FIRE!  Justice for Xiang Liu!

Slightly off topic, but Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao's relationship really reminds me of Daemon and Rhaenyra from House of The Dragon. Both of these couples have insane chemistry:

There is this one scene when Rhaenerya was about to kiss Daemon but he backs off. It really reminded me of the scene in LYF in episode 37 where Xiao Yao was about to kiss Xiang Liu but he backed off as well ?

Kokuto:

OMG.  Low blow!  LOL!  Jing = Bran.  That's so wrong.  heh

That will be the name of the LYF sequel ... WORLD ON FIRE!  Justice for Xiang Liu!

Ahahahaha it's the same thing for me. "What a sweet, loving, cute character. Let me roast him alive" lololololol

If I were Dany, this whole thing would now be just ashes ?