nathsketch:
I really wished they'd just released the second season as quickly as possible. All this speculation and this leaked information is making things so much worse and they weren't really that good to begin with.

I'm glad to have these details so I can be prepared.

AH :
That was my understand the first time I read the novel. But I think it's a little more nuanced than that.

Yes, I know. Xiao Yao only decided to leave and go to the ocean with Jing after finding out about Xiang Liu's death. I really hope this script is a fake :( Her settling down in Qing Shui town doesn't make sense

nathsketch:
As for the complaints, no need to be sorry hahaha you'll never be more annoying than me with all my blatant dissatisfaction :D

LOL. I have so many complaints, especially about Jing, but I don't want the fox squad to come after me ahahaha.

Elise:

LOL. I have so many complaints, especially about Jing, but I don't want the fox squad to come after me ahahaha. 

I'm about to throw hands ??‍♀️

AH :

I'm glad to have these details so I can be prepared.

I really hope these turn out to be some kind of misdirection. I can't deal with another Game of Thrones finale and I promised myself I wouldn't get that upset again lol

nathsketch:

I'm about to throw hands ??‍♀️ 

Some YaoJing lovers say Jing is Xiao Yao's soulmate... I'm like WHATTT?!!! He's totally not. Have they not paid attention to the show's little nuances and the details in the novel? It's so obvious Xiao Yao's soulmate is Xiang Liu

nathsketch:
I can't deal with another Game of Thrones finale and I promised myself I wouldn't get that upset again lol

Jorah was my favourite and took comfort in the fact that at least he died the way he wanted to and wasn't around to see everything go to shit around Dani. Here they're not even letting XL do all the things he's supposed to before he dies, in addition to messing with his legacy. Which really sucks. 

AH :

Fair enough. 

It would be nice, though, if Kokuto was right all along and the script is totally fake and the "unpredictable changes" were really just that they made no changes at all and the script was just "leaked" so we would be surprised. Totally a realistic option, yes? 

The leaked scripts look very comprehensive unfortunately. I would love this to be true or at least unfinalised, and for them to really surprise us, though I remember Yang Zi stating in one of her interviews that things are changed that will surprise the viewers who have read the novel, so yeah... Let's keep our fingers crossed that the plot doesn't get butchered just because they want to make Cang Xuan less obsessive than he was in the novel, and for Jing to have a far greater role, and to settle in Qingshui town because that place held the most happy memories for them. 

Elise:
This is so disappointing. I know because of censorship issues, they won't show Xiao Yao clinging to Xiang Liu and him embracing her after biting her neck but I was hoping she'd still see his true form :(

Likewise even though I also had concerns how they would handle the CGI. My thinking also is that it is likely unacceptable to have the female lead being willingly physically intimate with someone else other than the one she ends up with. Which brings me back to the scene when Fangfeng Bei came to her chambers. In the novel, she laid down together with him without hesitation and covered themselves to shield his presence from his pursuers. The drama just shows her covering him with a blanket then coming back later, all with minimal physical contact.  

Elise:

Some YaoJing lovers say Jing is Xiao Yao's soulmate... I'm like WHATTT?!!! He's totally not. Have they not paid attention to the show's little nuances and the details in the novel? It's so obvious Xiao Yao's soulmate is Xiang Liu

I sometimes like to take a peek at their thread and just a few minutes there really are enough to give me instantaneous migraines. I can understand rooting for a character (lol, that's something I REALLY understand), but some arguments are just ludicrous. If this was all so clear-cut, we wouldn't be having these epic shipping wars. I swear, I have never seen anything quite like this in terms of magnitude, and I've been through my fair share of ship discussions. This is just Oppenheimer level lol

AH :

Jorah was my favourite and took comfort in the fact that at least he died the way he wanted to and wasn't around to see everything go to shit around Dani. Here they're not even letting XL do all the things he's supposed to before he dies, in addition to messing with his legacy. Which really sucks. 

Game of Thrones was one of the most disappointing shows of all time. I'm so upset with what they did to Dani AND Jamie. Even Jamie's actor was complaining:

And I still remember the actors all reading the script and the looks on their faces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH8w8SitIRI

This all feels like those early attempts of trying to adapt works like Dune, The Sandman, and others that are famously known for being nearly impossible to translate well to screen. If there's plot butchering, I can only hope the reviews reflect that. I do not support review-bombing, but oh well, the customer is always right heh

Elise:
And I still remember the actors all reading the script and the looks on their faces:

Varys was another personal favourite. Couldn't take any comfort in his ending.

nathsketch:
I sometimes like to take a peek at their thread and just a few minutes there really are enough to give me instantaneous migraines.

And you stay just long enough to catch me mentioning "substantial changes" for the umpteenth time ^^

Elise:

Game of Thrones was one of the most disappointing shows of all time. I'm so upset with what they did to Dani AND Jamie. Even Jamie's actor was complaining:

Yes, I keep having these déjà vu flashes of 2019 and I'm sort of prepared for the worst possible outcome. I mean, how could anything be worse than what's already supposed to happen? But sure, let's butcher the best character some more. What could possibly go wrong?

AH :
Varys was another personal favourite. Couldn't take any comfort in his ending.

That was painful to watch. During the script reading, they were visibly appalled. I remember seeing Emilia turn into the surprised Pikachu meme

AH :
And you stay just long enough to catch me mentioning "substantial changes" for the umpteenth time ^^

I just go there to measure my blood pressure and check my pulse. I seem to be very healthy, that's at least some sort of consolation lololol